Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

We *finally* got the C4 Fabrication rock sliders mounted on my 4Runner. They look fantastic! I was #4 on the group buy, but they spent two months at my powder coat guy! Shoulda just had Caleb do them for the $25 I saved... Thanks to #ohio_hawk for the guidance and massive amount of help. It was 90 with 96 heat index while we did this!

Came out sweet looking Steve!

Reactions: Steve

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Sweet. Love your setup. I'm a bit envious. I didn't know BajaRack made a Jerry Can mount in that configuration.

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

First off let me start off that I feel stupid :grin:
I bought some stickers and patches from Kevin from Lifestyle Overland a few weeks ago.
Some of you have probably seen his two patches I put on my headliner in this thread a few days ago.

Kevin's online store

I also got some cool stickers from him, and I put the bigger one on my rear window last week.

It had a blue backing you pull off, then apply the sticker.
What you see above surrounding the white design and lettering of the sticker I left on my rig since last weekend.
Something did not look quite right, and I got to thinking that maybe this is a diecut sticker.
I shot Kevin a PM at the Overland Bound forum where I first saw his stuff, and sure enough it is a diecut, and he said just peel off the transparent part ever so carefully lest I pull up the lettering too.

I have a fear of diecut stickers as long ago I had a custom YotaTech one from a local guy who put one on the front of my ARB bumper when I had my '91 4Runner.
When I traded in the 4Runner for my FJ Cruiser I had one left, and I attempted to put it on my rear window and failed :rage:
The lettering came up and got all botched up so I called the guy and drove there and bought a few more off of him and had him install it for me.
By the way, that one has been on the rig now for 10+ years and is still going strong.

After yakking with Kevin I went out to my rig and slooooooooooooooowly pulled off the clear surround and the diecut sticker came out unscathed.
Success, it turned out great.

So great I decided to throw the other big one on my ARB bumper up front.
I purposely had it wrap about the wing a little instead of being straight on the full front.
However when pulling off the clear surround one of the letters started to come up.
Dang, I am cursed, but I pushed the clear surround down again over the letter and then started to peel it off, and it was a successful install.
I now no longer fear these, well, except maybe all single lettering like my YotaTech one.
Only time will tell if I ever try to install an all lettering one.
Those seem tougher since each letter is not connected to anything else.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I bought some stickers and patches from Kevin from Lifestyle Overland a few weeks ago.
Some of you have probably seen his two patches I put on my headliner in this thread a few days ago.

Kevin's online store

I also got some cool stickers from him, and I put the bigger one on my rear window last week.

What you see above surrounding the white design and lettering of the sticker I left on my rig since last weekend.
Something did not look quite right, and I got to thinking that maybe this is a diecut sticker.
I shot Kevin a PM at the Overland Bound forum where I first saw his stuff, and sure enough it is a diecut, and he said just peel off the transparent part ever so carefully lest I pull up the lettering too.

I have a fear of diecut stickers as long ago I had a custom YotaTech one from a local guy who put one on the front of my ARB bumper when I had my '91 4Runner.
When I traded in the 4Runner for my FJ Cruiser I had one left, and I attempted to put it on my rear window and failed :rage:
The lettering came up and got all botched up so I called the guy and drove there and bought a few more off of him and had him install it for me.
By the way, that one has been on the rig now for 10+ years and is still going strong.

After yakking with Kevin I went out to my rig and slooooooooooooooowly pulled off the clear surround and the diecut sticker came out unscathed.

I purposely had it wrap about the wing a little instead of being straight on the full front.
However when pulling off the clear surround one of the letters started to come up.
Dang, I am cursed, but I pushed the clear surround down again over the letter and then started to peel it off, and it was a successful install.
I now no longer fear these, well, except maybe all single lettering like my YotaTech one.

I had the same thing happen with the "Smittybilt" sticker that came with my winch. Unfortunately it was not recoverable. The weird thing was that I was more worried about the crease in the sticker because some had folded it before putting it in the box.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Kevin's online store

Looks so awesome on the bumper! Thanks for representing!

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Changed the oil. With only about 4" of ground clearance, it's a *bear* to reach under there and drain the pan!

I had a HHR that sat about that high. The spoiler kept it from going up my ramps, too! I always took it to a shop to change it. The jack points on it were a known failure point and I didn't want to spend $150 on race car ramps.

BTW, this was on my MGA. :wink:

Last edited: