What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

PolarExpress

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aliana TX
Member #

Got my car back from the mechanic, washed and vacumed it.

Parts replaced:

4 new brakerotors
8 new brakepads
5.8L/1.4 US gallons of oil
1 new oilfilter
1 new waterpump and gasket
2 new belts

Price: $2481,07 all in for 11 hours of work.

Conclusion: I need to save up and find a 4wd with cheaper parts, Hyundai's are expensive!
Damn dude. I had all four brakes n rotors, water pump, replace brake fluid and coolant on our Lexus GX460 and it was only $1275. You need to find a better shop if you can’t do it yourself. The labor rate at the shop I use is $120/hr too.

Reactions: Rusty burbin

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Got the old u-joints out of my front driveshaft. I don't have any grease to reassemble them so when we go out in a bit I'm gonna grab a tub. I'll hopefully get them back together tomorrow and have the shaft ready to put back in. I've still got to see about some bolts to put back. I'm trying to find some 12pt bolts to use instead of the factory 6pt. The factory bolts don't engage the shoulders on the yokes properly and they spin when you try to loosen the nuts. You wind up having to try to hold the bolts with one wrench and I'd rather have the good 12pt style bolts for a better purchase on them.

20190217_130739.jpg

Last edited:

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

We got our KB Voodoo Max modular rack yesterday so we assembled it last night. Slapped it on Chuck this morning and realized that the Yakima tent mounting hardware wouldnt fit over the bars. So we ditched those, drilled new holes in the base of the tent and bolted it directly to the rack. Very pleased with the result!
IMG_0597.jpeg IMG_0600.jpeg IMG_0892.JPG IMG_0897.JPG

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Picked up an Oztent Tagalong on a closeout deal so figured I’d see how it worked out with an ARB awning, and compare it to RTT sleeping as well.

Went and camped on a spur of the moment outing this weekend to try it out.

For anyone curious, the Tagalong works perfectly with an ARB. You just need the dual zipper insert from Rhino Rack, which slides into the ARB channel and has the correct zipper for the Tag.

I really liked having sleeping quarters I could stand in and still maintain the function of my awning, since the ARB awning doesn’t-still love that thing though! I used my cot inside, which is not as comfortable as the mattress in the Tepui, but that can be changed. Slept pretty well, even though it was a cold night in the mid 20’s. Plenty of room inside the Oz.

The Tagalong was so cheap it was worth trying before eventually maybe doing an RV from Oztent. I’m digging the setup.

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I noticed I had a headlight out during my morning commute (Thursday) and I planned on driving 4+ hours from Grass Valley to Carmel by the Sea for the weekend right after work. I did a little troubleshooting and found the Morimoto XB35 HID ballast on the passenger side was toast. I quickly ordered a cheap temporary ballast from Amazon for $9.99 and had it shipped to my buddy's house in Danville where I would be stopping on the way back from Carmel. Amazon Prime came through and on the return trip the ballast was waiting for me. I quickly installed it and it worked perfectly to get me home on Saturday night.

I called up The Retrofit Source on Thursday and found out my ballast was still under warranty (5yrs on the older XB35 units)! I bought it in 2016 for the my previous Canyon and switched the kit to the new truck. They sent me an instruction email before I even got off the phone with them that detailed how to destroy the ballast and send them a photo of the unit. I performed the required actions and they sent a new unit out. I've always had great customer service with these guys. :) It may be my imagination but it seems like the passenger side headlight isn't quite as bright as the the driver side with the Morimoto ballast. I've seen ballast tests on HID Planet and they (premium vs. generic ) usually compare pretty well in terms of brightness unlike generic vs. premium bulbs. I think my generic unit may one of those low scorers though. *shrug* Who cares....

So if you are running and HID kit on your rig I highly recommend carrying an extra bulb and ballast with you, especially on long trips. Just in case.

Here is a link to the backup ballast I purchased.

Medic16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

La Grande, OR, USA
Member #

Picked up an Oztent Tagalong on a closeout deal so figured I’d see how it worked out with an ARB awning, and compare it to RTT sleeping as well.

Went and camped on a spur of the moment outing this weekend to try it out.

For anyone curious, the Tagalong works perfectly with an ARB. You just need the dual zipper insert from Rhino Rack, which slides into the ARB channel and has the correct zipper for the Tag.

I really liked having sleeping quarters I could stand in and still maintain the function of my awning, since the ARB awning doesn’t-still love that thing though! I used my cot inside, which is not as comfortable as the mattress in the Tepui, but that can be changed. Slept pretty well, even though it was a cold night in the mid 20’s.
Which tagalong model is that?

Plenty of room inside the Oz.The Tagalong was so cheap it was worth trying before eventually maybe doing an RV from Oztent. I’m digging the setup.

View attachment 86235

View attachment 86236

Reactions: sabjku