What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Not sure If I posted a photo of the rear drawers I made ? all sealed and installed, using 4 24 inch drawer slides. still trying to locate someone in the LA area that's got a cook partner 22inch 2 burner stove to see if it will fit in the drawer seeing as I'd like to replace the coleman I currently have.

Attachments

JPRatJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ratledge
Member #

Service Branch
Marine corps
Not sure If I posted a photo of the rear drawers I made ? all sealed and installed, using 4 24 inch drawer slides. still trying to locate someone in the LA area that's got a cook partner 22inch 2 burner stove to see if it will fit in the drawer seeing as I'd like to replace the coleman I currently have.
That's some awesome work!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Received the new DV8 887 wheels (17x9 +20mm offset) and had them installed. Unfortunately they reinstalled the 7mm spacers I had on the front so I can't say yet if the wheels will eliminate rubbing by themselves. With the spacers installed I have no rubbing even at full lock so I'm happy so far. I'll try removing them next week and see what happens. They totally transformed the look of the truck. It would be nice if they were lighter than 32lbs but for $139/ea I'm not complaining.

Very nice tires! [emoji1362]

Reactions: JCWages

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Picked up an Oztent Tagalong on a closeout deal so figured I’d see how it worked out with an ARB awning, and compare it to RTT sleeping as well.

Went and camped on a spur of the moment outing this weekend to try it out.

For anyone curious, the Tagalong works perfectly with an ARB. You just need the dual zipper insert from Rhino Rack, which slides into the ARB channel and has the correct zipper for the Tag.

I really liked having sleeping quarters I could stand in and still maintain the function of my awning, since the ARB awning doesn’t-still love that thing though! I used my cot inside, which is not as comfortable as the mattress in the Tepui, but that can be changed. Slept pretty well, even though it was a cold night in the mid 20’s. Plenty of room inside the Oz.

The Tagalong was so cheap it was worth trying before eventually maybe doing an RV from Oztent. I’m digging the setup.

View attachment 86235

View attachment 86236
So let me get this right. The Oz Tent TAG ALONG will zip to the ARB Awning if I get the Rhino Rack TAG ALONG zipper, correct? Also, I take it the tent can be roped off from the front and be used "free standing", detached from the awning ?

I have the awning and have been looking for this exact set up.
Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabjku and David S

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

I got a new blower motor resistor so I can have three fan speeds again. Went to dollar store and got some supplies to help with the painting and fixing of my heater box and while I was there I found that my dollar store has the $20 neverwet kits so I bought a couple to do my seat and probably my tarp I use as an awning for the sides of the bed

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

OMG.. i just found this for sale in the UK for 29.5K GBP
and its only allowed to be sold outside of europe.

2012 Land Rover Defender 130 RMA Workshop, 2 door, 2 seater, left hand drive (LHD), fitted 2.2 litre Puma 122hp turbo diesel engine, 6 speed gearbox with high + low transfer box with centre diff lock, heavy duty 3500kg chassis (3.5 ton) gross vehicle weight (GVW), heavy duty suspension, twin coil rear springs, front + rear anti-roll bars + ventilated disc brakes.
Unique and Superb specification as follows:
Sand exterior black front wheel arches, 2 front seats, lowline cubby box, air conditioning, electric front windows, central locking, remote alarm, black rubber flooring and transmission tunnel, seat covers, RMA rear body with side lockers + roller shutter rear door (all lockable), electric start Yanmar diesel engine, 4kva 230V/50HZ generator and poweld EW200DC welder, unielectric 1.5kw electric compressor and storage tank, heavy duty rear bumper fitted removable rear gantry, rear vice, portable hi-lift jack, ARB touring fold out awning, interior locker + stowage area/work area lights, cab mounted light bar + flashing light, snorkel, heavy duty front bumper, checquer plate wingtops, twin 20 litre jerry cans + spare wheel (rear of cab), KPH speedo, EU2 emissions, only used for demonstration purposes, ideal for site/rally/expedetion/safari/mobile workshop etc etc.

1546876148130WS1.JPG 1546876148130WS1.JPG 1546876154130WS2.JPG 1546876159130WS3.JPG 1546876163130WS4.JPG 1546876168130WS5.JPG 1546876174130WS6.JPG 1546876179130WS7.JPG 1546876186130WS8.JPG 1546876191130WS9.JPG 1546876197130WS10.JPG 1546876204130WS11.JPG 1546876211130WS12.JPG 1546876217130WS13.JPG 1546876223130WS14.JPG 1546876231130WS15.JPG 1546876238130WS16.JPG 1546876244130WS17.JPG 1546876251130WS18.JPG 1546876259130WS19.JPG 1546876266130WS20.JPG

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

OMG.. i just found this for sale in the UK for 29.5K GBP
and its only allowed to be sold outside of europe.

2012 Land Rover Defender 130 RMA Workshop, 2 door, 2 seater, left hand drive (LHD), fitted 2.2 litre Puma 122hp turbo diesel engine, 6 speed gearbox with high + low transfer box with centre diff lock, heavy duty 3500kg chassis (3.5 ton) gross vehicle weight (GVW), heavy duty suspension, twin coil rear springs, front + rear anti-roll bars + ventilated disc brakes.
Unique and Superb specification as follows:
Sand exterior black front wheel arches, 2 front seats, lowline cubby box, air conditioning, electric front windows, central locking, remote alarm, black rubber flooring and transmission tunnel, seat covers, RMA rear body with side lockers + roller shutter rear door (all lockable), electric start Yanmar diesel engine, 4kva 230V/50HZ generator and poweld EW200DC welder, unielectric 1.5kw electric compressor and storage tank, heavy duty rear bumper fitted removable rear gantry, rear vice, portable hi-lift jack, ARB touring fold out awning, interior locker + stowage area/work area lights, cab mounted light bar + flashing light, snorkel, heavy duty front bumper, checquer plate wingtops, twin 20 litre jerry cans + spare wheel (rear of cab), KPH speedo, EU2 emissions, only used for demonstration purposes, ideal for site/rally/expedetion/safari/mobile workshop etc etc.

View attachment 86902 View attachment 86902 View attachment 86903 View attachment 86904 View attachment 86905 View attachment 86906 View attachment 86907 View attachment 86908 View attachment 86909 View attachment 86910 View attachment 86911 View attachment 86912 View attachment 86913 View attachment 86914 View attachment 86915 View attachment 86916 View attachment 86917 View attachment 86918 View attachment 86919 View attachment 86920 View attachment 86921
That's is just lovely.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

So let me get this right. The Oz Tent TAG ALONG will zip to the ARB Awning if I get the Rhino Rack TAG ALONG zipper, correct? Also, I take it the tent can be roped off from the front and be used "free standing", detached from the awning ?

I have the awning and have been looking for this exact set up.
Thanks for posting.
Hey Motoboss, you are correct. Just get the Sunseeker Double Zipper, insert it into the ARB awning rail, and you'll have a zipper to attach the front/face of the Tag Along tent-it works perfectly. With the second zipper on the Double Zipper, you could attach an awning extension, or rainfly over top of the Tag. Just remember that the Tag Along's come in different sizes, just like the awnings, so you want to have the correct size. I have the ARB 2500 awning, and the RV-5 Tag.

As far as freestanding the Tag....I doubt this will work very well. The front of the Tag has no rigid framing, as it uses the rigid portion of the awning to maintain it's shape. It is definitely designed to be used with an awning. I guess you could tie off each front corner of the Tag and tie it to a point higher than the actual tent, which would keep the front of the tent standing at full height, vs. anchoring it to the ground and having it collapse.(kind of hard to explain, but hopefully you understand what I mean).

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Hey Motoboss, you are correct. Just get the Sunseeker Double Zipper, insert it into the ARB awning rail, and you'll have a zipper to attach the front/face of the Tag Along tent-it works perfectly. With the second zipper on the Double Zipper, you could attach an awning extension, or rainfly over top of the Tag. Just remember that the Tag Along's come in different sizes, just like the awnings, so you want to have the correct size. I have the ARB 2500 awning, and the RV-5 Tag.

As far as freestanding the Tag....I doubt this will work very well. The front of the Tag has no rigid framing, as it uses the rigid portion of the awning to maintain it's shape. It is definitely designed to be used with an awning. I guess you could tie off each front corner of the Tag and tie it to a point higher than the actual tent, which would keep the front of the tent standing at full height, vs. anchoring it to the ground and having it collapse.(kind of hard to explain, but hopefully you understand what I mean).
Thanks for the heads up on the zipper. I do see the free standing could be an issue. I have extra poles which could work to support the front side if unzipped from the awning . I have the ARB 2000 awning and the ARB Awning room but really like the idea of the useable porch you get with your set up.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Thanks for the heads up on the zipper. I do see the free standing could be an issue. I have extra poles which could work to support the front side if unzipped from the awning . I have the ARB 2000 awning and the ARB Awning room but really like the idea of the useable porch you get with your set up.
Hmmm...yea, being that you have the 2000 you'd have a tough time getting the wider Tag Along to work. The awning poles need to mate up to the ends of the Tag to provide support. Maybe the smaller Tag's would work?? I'm not sure what the width is on the smaller versions.

The ARB and ARB Awning Room is an awesome setup! I have the ARB room as well, and love it. I just wanted to be able to utilize the awning, and have sleeping quarters, so the Tag was perfect.

Last edited: