• HTML tutorial

sapietrzak

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Pietrzak
what's the prepwork needed for that? Same as painting?
Honestly I just sanded enough to have a rough spot for the paint to stick. Then I just masked it all off. The bedliner Before applying I just wiped off the area for painting and sprayed it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Do you happen to have a picture of this RTT with the cover on? I'm curious if it takes up your whole rack being the XL version. Any room left for front runner boxes etc on the roof?

Do you happen to have a picture of this RTT with the cover on? I'm curious if it takes up your whole rack being the XL version. Any room left for front runner boxes etc on the roof?

Took another pic for you @OverlandLexusTN of the RTT on the Pioneer platform.

IMG_1402.JPG

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Took another pic for you @OverlandLexusTN of the RTT on the Pioneer platform.

View attachment 20618
Man that color really looks good. That would have been my next choice after white.

I'm really on the fence about the RTT. I have two kids so the two ladders and wall would be nice but I also need roof storage. I'm even considering the ground tent that connects to awning until I can acquire a trailer.

How long is the pioneer rack? I'm wondering if a full length expo rack would leave some space forward for two front runner boxes.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Man that color really looks good. That would have been my next choice after white.

I'm really on the fence about the RTT. I have two kids so the two ladders and wall would be nice but I also need roof storage. I'm even considering the ground tent that connects to awning until I can acquire a trailer.

How long is the pioneer rack? I'm wondering if a full length expo rack would leave some space forward for two front runner boxes.

Funny my next choice probably would have been white! Maybe we can trade when we're both ready for a change :).

If I had the $ I'd also prefer a trailer for this size of tent for sure, but that's just not in the budget. The two ladders are great, but I'd say the wall is more or less useless as it suddenly makes the tent seem too small. Additionally, we sleep "front to back" vs "left to right" so we have more room between each person and the wall hangs left to right. Hope that makes sense. It does mean crawling around each other for the person furthest from the ladder but the kids are short and there's room at their feet.

This Pioneer is 60" long and they make them up to 107" but you also have to go wider. That could work but I think you'd also want to use their mounting system that extends further forward over the sunroof vs the factory rails in order to provide support. Other full length racks like the K9 or Frontrunner use their own full length mounts that follow the rain gutters.

My RTT currently sits about 8-10" over the front of the 60" Pioneer so you could easily get another 24-36" of space with a longer rack. Plenty of room for some boxes, Jerry cans, etc. Hope that helps!

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

Just got some new shoes on "Baloo"...pick up BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 replacing the old KO's. It feels so good going down the road again. Broke them in out at Lake Hement, San Bernardino National Forest, 56570 CA-74. Spent the day on Thomas Mountain Trail...Came across Inland Empire 4x4 Club. They had 26 Rigs in their posse. The views where super. OB #0158

baloo4-2017 1low.jpg

baloo4-2017 3.jpgbaloo4-2017low.jpg

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Started spring underbody cleaning. Had quite a bit more mud stuck to things this year (which means I had some fun this winter).

So far just cleaned, wire brushed, sanded a few spots and started with the rust reformer. It seems to convert the rust pretty quickly and makes a nice black surface suitable for the rust barrier which is a bit more rubberized. It can also be directly applied to rust, but I think the reformer does a better job at chemically stopping rust.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX

Started spring underbody cleaning. Had quite a bit more mud stuck to things this year (which means I had some fun this winter).

So far just cleaned, wire brushed, sanded a few spots and started with the rust reformer. It seems to convert the rust pretty quickly and makes a nice black surface suitable for the rust barrier which is a bit more rubberized. It can also be directly applied to rust, but I think the reformer does a better job at chemically stopping rust.
Do you use standard paint brushes to apply the reformer and barrier? Never thought about doing this but I can see the value- your underbody looks so nice! No double-entendre intended.