Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
28 spline 9 inch... time for 31 spline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Nice carnage!

I went with a buddy in the fall to Uwharrie and we did that exact same thing to the 31 spline shaft in his F150. We lucked out and found a pair of shafts in a junk yard and had it back together by lunch and wheeling. There are pictures in the trip report forum here from the trip. It even tore the spanner nut out of his third member.

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

You have never had to replace a diff on a 6x6 because the end destroyed the diff...70 at 70 sounds like "turn the radio up the noise will go away"
No I haven't because I personally have no need for such a rig. I will just put a 31 spline chromoly upgrade in and hopefully never worry again. Axles are just to small for what I do

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Mike2 and TerryD

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nice carnage!

I went with a buddy in the fall to Uwharrie and we did that exact same thing to the 31 spline shaft in his F150. We lucked out and found a pair of shafts in a junk yard and had it back together by lunch and wheeling. There are pictures in the trip report forum here from the trip. It even tore the spanner nut out of his third member.
Any other time is be luafhunf about broken parts but I leave for Potts in 9 days. So gotta upgrade fast

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

Well the good news is Yukon called me back and they are shipping me another set of axle to get me out onto this trip and planning for a year. They are doing this as a no-cost replacement and they said to just throw broke ones away.

Go once I get home if anybody is interested in a 58 inch wide 9 inch with 4:88 gears Yukon shafts and a Detroit Locker I will have one for sale.

Because I cut the 8.8 out of apart Explorer I had and I'm going to use the 9-inch sale money to gear and lock it

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I got a wild hair after supper and with the help of my trusty 1/2" impact, pulled the rear swaybar of the Xterra! Rear RadFlos should be here shortly and then I've got to get the rear AALs and u-bolt flip for it.

tmp_25581-IMG_20170410_195930-893591426.jpg

Reactions: SCrunner