Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I'm Trying to complete the badges in OB Ambassador. The next set of badges require Boot Camp approval. Looking through the threads, it looks like the last review/approvals was at least a year ago. I recognize @Michael is very busy, and appreciate everything that he does. Is this a task that could be entrusted to others in the leadership team. It just seams that a year is a long time between reviews/approvals.

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
I'm Trying to complete the badges in OB Ambassador. The next set of badges require Boot Camp approval. Looking through the threads, it looks like the last review/approvals was at least a year ago. I recognize @Michael is very busy, and appreciate everything that he does. Is this a task that could be entrusted to others in the leadership team. It just seams that a year is a long time between reviews/approvals.
Yes the Moderator's/Staff aprove or deny the trophy requests based on the criteria in an ongoing basis. They are approved daily.....

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Yes the Moderator's/Staff aprove or deny the trophy requests based on the criteria in an ongoing basis. They are approved daily.....
Including submissions in "Contribute an article" to Overland Bootcamp? I was under the impression that only Michael, approved articles to be moved to Overland Bound Boot Camp (tagged with OB Approved). Is this not accurate?

Last edited:

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Including submissions in "Contribute an article" to Overland Bootcamp? I was under the impression that on my Michael, approved articles to be moved to Overland Bound Boot Camp (tagged with OB Approved). Is this not accurate?
The boot camp articles had been approved by Michael only up to this point. We are discussing this currently and may have a solution to get the boot camp approval process to be a little more sustainable now that Michael is outrageously busy.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you guys!

The boot camp articles had been approved by Michael only up to this point. We are discussing this currently and may have a solution to get the boot camp approval process to be a little more sustainable now that Michael is outrageously busy.
Yes! I have relatively few requirements, though they the quality needs to be high.
  1. Accurate and well researched
  2. Explain with images when possible
  3. On topic and succinct though thorough
That's about it, but yes, requires time and a bit of iteration!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Thank you guys!

Yes! I have relatively few requirements, though they the quality needs to be high.
  1. Accurate and well researched
  2. Explain with images when possible
  3. On topic and succinct though thorough
That's about it, but yes, requires time and a bit of iteration!
Could you look over my submissions, and see if they pass muster. I'm happy to: enhance, edit, modify as required.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Could you look over my submissions, and see if they pass muster. I'm happy to: enhance, edit, modify as required.
I did! They are very good! What is the source for the "Safe Encounters" series? Might be good to include it to be safe. The Lions, Wolves, and Bears articles would roll up nicely into an article for the main site!

M

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I did! They are very good! What is the source for the "Safe Encounters" series? Might be good to include it to be safe. The Lions, Wolves, and Bears articles would roll up nicely into an article for the main site!

M
I'm adding reptiles next. Much of the information is from the NULS documentation. This is also used by the National Forest and Park service. NOLS helped rewrite Leave No Trace, to be compatible with current thinking. I have most of their library. Good source of information, for anyone interested in outdoor activities.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I'm adding reptiles next. Much of the information is from the NULS documentation. This is also used by the National Forest and Park service. NOLS helped rewrite Leave No Trace, to be compatible with current thinking. I have most of their library. Good source of information, for anyone interested in outdoor activities.
Great! Thank you!

M

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Hey, at all I really like the Idea of Archievements! The ones you invented are awesome and hard to get but we'll work on that :)
I have only one thing that bothers me, these Goals are only for Forum stuff, like providing a Route. What about some like these:

- General
- Visit another Country with a fellow Overlander
- Help a Overlander/fellow Motorist in need! (Towing or Mechanical assistance)
- Trail Assistance (Help a Member Stuck in a Trail)
- Show your Rig to the World (by a post in forum) - Check!
- Invite a new Member (by Invite Card)

- Exploration
- Aimless Explorer: Visit 3 Countrys with your Rig
- Trailblazer: Visit 6 Country with your Rig
- Pathfinder: Visit 15 Country with your Rig
- Ranger: Visit 30 Country with your Rig
- Legendary Explorer: Has visited more that 30 Countrys around the Globe

- Base Camp
- One Man Shelter: Have a Base Camp with 1-2 Tents (Roof Tents, Normal Ground Tents or 1-Man Tents)
- Basic BaseCamp: Have at least 5 Tents on the Side
- Small Colony: Have 15 Tents deployed on the Campside
- OB Headquater: Have at Least 30 Tents on a Campground

- Trail completion
- Crawler: Complete one Trail
- Trailblazer: Complete 3 Trails
-

- On the Grid:
- Sunday Driveout: Drive 100 Kilometers on Highways - Check!
- Wrong Road: Drive 600 Kilometers on Highways - Check!
- Long-Distance Driver: Drive 1500 Kilometers on Highways
- Trucker: Drive 3000 Kilometers on Highways

- Off the Grid:
- Country Roader: Drive 300 Kilometers on non-Highway Roads
- Detour-Taker: Drive 600 Kilometers on non-Highways Roads
- Forest Road Crawler: Drive 1000 Kilometers on non-Highways Roads and 100 Kilometers on non-serviced Roads (Offroad)
- Dirt Lover: Drive 2000 Kilometers on non-Highways Roads and 500 Kilometers on non-serviced Roads (Offroad)

- Self-sufficient Camping
- Stay off the Grid for more that 5 Days without Refueling or Restocking

- Helper:
-First Aid:
- Help a OB Member in need of Medical Assistance
- Give a lesson in how to set up your Vehicle for first Aid situations
- Give a lesson how to react in case of emergency
- Participate in any Lesson given by OB Members
- Driving Skills
- Participate in a Offroad Driving Lesson
- Participate in any Driving Lesson (provided by ADAC in Germany for example)

Thats a lot and now your wondering who will all confirm that stuff? Well it's something for the future. But once there is a App with GPS tracking it will be a lot easyer. Also taking Pictures and sharing them helps.

It's late and im tiered but I will extend the List later.

Greetings and thanks for the awesome Community!
Ryder

Status
Not open for further replies.