Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
No what I mean is..... let's pick a badge at random...... for example Advocate 2. There are a number of requirements like submitting 10 questions and other bits and pieces. Is there a way of finding out how many of the requirements have been completed and which are the outstanding requirements need to be fulfilled to complete the badge / trophy?
I hope that makes sense
Oh i get ya. I misunderstood. I'm still trying to figure out the nuances of the points system myself. Hopefully someone can provide some insight. I'm kinda curious too.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Oh i get ya. I misunderstood. I'm still trying to figure out the nuances of the points system myself. Hopefully someone can provide some insight. I'm kinda curious too.
I can manually check on the backend, but this is not something that is revealed to the users of the forums. It's a "on off" system now. I like the idea though. There are a few things I'd like to add to the trophy system in terms of features. Right off the top of things to do:
  1. Complete the Adventurer Innovator and Challenger tracks
  2. Update some of the requirements for Ambassador
  3. Clearly define "Rewards" for achieving the completion of a track (Challenge Coins, Patches).
Let me know if you have more questions about this!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Can you pick which badge you want to display? Seems like it displays only the most recent accomplishment.
It's a bit clunky. You have to go to "Personal Details" the click the badge image to change it, then click the current featured badge to in-feature, then click a new badge = clunky.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

sully3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

WOW as a newbie I looked and I'm not even gonna try to figure it out yet. so if some gets it, hope they get a easy read for it lol

Reactions: 91B/91S and Michael

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Frustrating system when point/ levels disappear, once previously earned. Made me give up on it.

Reactions: BobG

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Trophies, Badges, and Ranks: this looks a little like Gamification. I'm new, and don't know how this has been received by the community. Is this still something that is being developed? For me, this looks like another fun way (for some) to enjoy the Forum and community.

With that said. In the track "Overland Bound Innovator". Can you give me an example of " Demonstrate two different methods for accomplishing the same goal in camp"? What would be the best thread to post this in, for "Share with the community" requirement.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Is this still something that is being developed?
Yes, sporadically. You might notice that Michael is the only member who has been awarded anything from the Innovator and Challenger tracks. And that several of the badges in the Pathfinder track have not been defined. This is a back burner project for Michael, and only gets new badges added infrequently.

Reactions: Michael and BobG

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Yes, sporadically. You might notice that Michael is the only member who has been awarded anything from the Innovator and Challenger tracks. And that several of the badges in the Pathfinder track have not been defined. This is a back burner project for Michael, and only gets new badges added infrequently.
I totally understand. Hats off to Michael for doing so much, given he has a day job. Corrie must put in some long hours, to keep up with the growth of this community. So much to do, so little time to do it...

T

The Raven

Is there anyplace that defines what the rockers are? "benefactor" "supporter" etc.

Reactions: Michael

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Im
I totally understand. Hats off to Michael for doing so much, given he has a day job. Corrie must put in some long hours, to keep up with the growth of this community. So much to do, so little time to do it...
Im not sure Michael is solely responsible for OB. I should imagine there are quite a number of others who play a huge role in OB success. I take my hat off to them all

Status
Not open for further replies.