First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Hey Everyone,

I've received quite a few questions about the point and rank system in the forums.

The most important thing to understand is that the rank system being built over time by design. We've actually put considerable time into thinking what is MOST relevant within the overland community, and how we might reward different level members. Here are some details.
  1. There are 4 trophy "tracks". They are:
    1. Overland Bound Ambassador - Community focused, and primarily forum activity.
    2. Overland Bound Adventurer - For those who travel a lot, and share their routes and experience.
    3. Overland Bound Innovator - For do-it-yourself-ers, and idea generators contributing new ideas to Overlanding.
    4. Overland Bound Challenger - Extreme Challenge Series
  2. Each track has 15 trophies.
  3. Trophies can be displayed on your profile once awarded.
  4. Trophies award "points".
  5. Completing every trophy in all tracks will award the maximum number of points, and the highest rank.
  6. Points increase your "Rank"
  7. Trophies have requirements. Some are forum-based (automatic) but some will need to be verified. For example, the Overland Bound Challenger Trail Blazer II trophy might require a verified water crossing.
The Ambassador Track is complete. There are 15 possible Trophies, for a total of 3,970 points. That would get you to Rank 6 of 10, but keep in mind, rank 10 is 15,000 points.

To display the badges in the forums, go to your profile and select the earned badge you would like to display!

Here are the Trophy Requirements:

Ambassador Trophy Requirements:

View attachment 1154

This is how it all fits together to eventually become a Legendary Member:

View attachment 1153
What is the difference between Rank and Level?

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Thanks Michael,
I have seen that explanation a while ago and didn’t know if it was current. For instance I didn’t see the Challenger Trail Blazer II water crossing available any longer.

Specifically just out of curiosity I see I am at Level 7 but Rank V but with my 2779 points I should be Rank VI according to attachment 1153 and I don’t know what Level 7 means if anything? Attachment 1153 indicates you need 2454 for Rank VI.
just curious about all this no crisis just messing around with the site to figure stuff out.
Congratulations on the success of OB it has really taken off, I image you are swamped with emails these days.
Brett

Reactions: Keatonsmith

South_Puget_Sound_OL

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roy, WA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pinick
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I've received quite a few questions about the point and rank system in the forums.

The most important thing to understand is that the rank system being built over time by design. We've actually put considerable time into thinking what is MOST relevant within the overland community, and how we might reward different level members. Here are some details.
  1. There are 4 trophy "tracks". They are:
    1. Overland Bound Ambassador - Community focused, and primarily forum activity.
    2. Overland Bound Adventurer - For those who travel a lot, and share their routes and experience.
    3. Overland Bound Innovator - For do-it-yourself-ers, and idea generators contributing new ideas to Overlanding.
    4. Overland Bound Challenger - Extreme Challenge Series
  2. Each track has 15 trophies.
  3. Trophies can be displayed on your profile once awarded.
  4. Trophies award "points".
  5. Completing every trophy in all tracks will award the maximum number of points, and the highest rank.
  6. Points increase your "Rank"
  7. Trophies have requirements. Some are forum-based (automatic) but some will need to be verified. For example, the Overland Bound Challenger Trail Blazer II trophy might require a verified water crossing.
The Ambassador Track is complete. There are 15 possible Trophies, for a total of 3,970 points. That would get you to Rank 6 of 10, but keep in mind, rank 10 is 15,000 points.

To display the badges in the forums, go to your profile and select the earned badge you would like to display!

Here are the Trophy Requirements:

Ambassador Trophy Requirements:

View attachment 1154

This is how it all fits together to eventually become a Legendary Member:

View attachment 1153
Where do I add my region to upgrade to Contributer 2?

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
Sorry Mike. I love your Youtube content, and the idea of the community. I even met you in Flagstaff last year and am sorry I did not get back to chat more. But the whole system I just saw makes this seem like a Competition. I am going to have to give this some serious thought before i pay memberships and get involved.

Mike

Reactions: murps

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Sorry Mike. I love your Youtube content, and the idea of the community. I even met you in Flagstaff last year and am sorry I did not get back to chat more. But the whole system I just saw makes this seem like a Competition. I am going to have to give this some serious thought before i pay memberships and get involved.

Mike
It’s not a competition... it’s just to have fun... for me it helps set goals for my Overlanding... the badge system actually made me feel accountable for my self and hunker down and start checking off personal goals, like getting my Technicians License, stop complaining about improper trail edict and start actually doing something about it, planning trips further away than my back door, getting out and meeting other like minded individuals, and lastly and most importantly the system has helped me focus on helping others in need.
So Mike, what seams like a competition to you is actually a profession map for yourself... by the way, you can hide all badges in your profile.

One last thing... I’m Mike, and Michael Murguia is Michael.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I guess some might achieve ALL of the badges but some of us can't. for example the ones where Instagram or other social media site photographs are required are out of my grasp. I'm not 12 years old anymore so the likes of Facebook and other Instatwitterbook posts are not something I dabble with any longer and therefore I'll never achieve those badges.

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
I guess some might achieve ALL of the badges but some of us can't. for example the ones where Instagram or other social media site photographs are required are out of my grasp. I'm not 12 years old anymore so the likes of Facebook and other Instatwitterbook posts are not something I dabble with any longer and therefore I'll never achieve those badges.

Well the thing is I could easily sit down and start filling the map with Resources and camp sites, but why?

I doubt many of the American users would ever need them.

FeistyFJgirl

Rank IV

Advocate III

Bedford, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
First Name
SHAWNA
Last Name
LEE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJL699
How do we select a path and see the requirements for each step up?

Brand newbie here...

I also was looking at the map and in my area and the areas I go to often, there isn't markers for the state parks, camping, trails etc that I frequent. How can I contribute to adding those and will they count towards leveling up?

TY!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Badges and trophies and whatnot are fine but they are for you, not a competition or race, though some attack it as if it is, so for them it is, others, do not care if I get one or not, does not mean anything to me, I am here for the people, trails and camping, hopefully all 3 at once. I really never thought of it as a map to self improving and Mike Rose said above, that is going to make me think a bit about......I also would love to get my HAM license and while everyone tells me it is super easy, my ADD F's with my brain so it is at best 50/50 for me, not end of the world if I do not have it (like trophies and badges) but might be nice to get.

SO again they are for YOU! How you handle them is up to you, there is no wrong or right way to them.......
Just my thoughts,
Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Thread locked, any issues or questions please post in the "Support" area: Support

Jim

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
The Trophy and badge system has been completed. All tracks are populated with appropriate achievements. Rank 7 is a pretty good goal. Any Rank 7 Overland Bound Member would be an asset on any trip or expedition. Rank goes to 10. That is a very hard goal. I'm at 9 for now.

1641060094894.png

Status
Not open for further replies.