Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

A whole bunch of us have spent many hours collecting rubbish from Dartmoor. We'e spent several weekends in the last few months. Shame there wasn' another OB member to verify

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
If a trophy requires 3 threads started in Q and A, 10 posts in Q and A, and 40 likes do the likes have to come from the Q and A posts/threads or is it total likes?

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

If a trophy requires 3 threads started in Q and A, 10 posts in Q and A, and 40 likes do the likes have to come from the Q and A posts/threads or is it total likes?

There doesn' appear to be anyway of knowing what is needed to complete a Badge. ie 8 posts in 10 completed - 2 to complete etc

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
There doesn' appear to be anyway of knowing what is needed to complete a Badge. ie 8 posts in 10 completed - 2 to complete etc
If you go to your profile you can click postings and it will help you figure that out.

Voodoo 1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I just started paying attention to trophies and points and such and I was confused at first because the trophy requirements talk about the # of posts you have made but when you look at your activity tracker it says messages instead of posts. Not a huge deal but confused me for a few minutes when I was trying to understand the whole thing.
I was in the same boat, but starting to understand. I posted early on (last week) YouTube was my daily routine after I get home from work and unwind. Now I find myself on the forum reading and learning (day & night).
I was receiving points, not understanding why (but that's okay) I enjoy it. But I joined up, because of the like-minded people within Overland Bound. It's mind-blowing, the vast number of members and countries that are involved - that is what really pulled me in.
I'm doing what I have always been doing, driving, exploring, having fun - since the mid-80's. And with that, I can add my 30 years of overlanding - my knowledge, thoughts, ideas that I have learned (and of course my mistakes) lol.
It hasn't even been a week since I signed on, and I have already gained some outstanding ideas that I am going to implement.

See you on the trails ;)

Last edited:

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I was in the same boat, but starting to understand. I posted early on (last week) YouTube was my daily routine after I get home from work and unwind. Now I find myself on the forum reading and learning (day & night).
I was receiving points, not understanding why (but that's okay) I enjoy it. But I joined up, because of the like-minded people within Overland Bound. It's mind-blowing, the vast number of members and countries that are involved - that is what really pulled me in.
I'm doing what I have always been doing, driving, exploring, having fun - since the mid-80's. And with that, I can add my 30 years of overlanding - my knowledge, thoughts, ideas that I have learned (and of course my mistakes) lol.
It hasn't even been a week since I signed on, and I have already gained some outstanding ideas that I am going to implement.

See you on the trails ;)
"Keep It Wild"
I enjoyed your comments. I will point out there are certain individuals who seem to enjoy making arrogant / sarcastic comments. I guess only to satisfy their own desperate needs. One individual particularly should know better due to their aging years and the position they hold.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

................. and boredom is setting in. Im going through all the forums and reading everuthing.
Kinda similar situation - been reading up on all sorts of topics, and started looking at other peoples levels, badges etc... in the process then realised quite a few have reached a maximum .... mine for example. Being curious ..... how is this, when there others with much higher levels and points? Idle curiosity and the challenge ..... :tearsofjoy:

level.jpg

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Kinda similar situation - been reading up on all sorts of topics, and started looking at other peoples levels, badges etc... in the process then realised quite a few have reached a maximum .... mine for example. Being curious ..... how is this, when there others with much higher levels and points? Idle curiosity and the challenge ..... :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 46381
I just hit the same thing. Im pretty sure points still rack up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: nickburt
Status
Not open for further replies.