Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

10 am ....ish.
Sounds good, I'll try to stop by if I'm not working. I'm sure you have everything covered tool wise, but is there anything you want me to bring? Hand tools, power tools, tube bender, hole saw jig, bench top brake, dimple dyes?

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
10 am ....ish.
Sounds good, I'll try to stop by if I'm not working. I'm sure you have everything covered tool wise, but is there anything you want me to bring? Hand tools, power tools, tube bender, hole saw jig, bench top brake, dimple dyes?
Dimple dies would add a nice look to the skid plate. I do not have a press though.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Oh yeah, If you have a welding hood, bring it as well as any PPE you would like to protect yourselves with. If not, no worries. I have some extra.....and a first aid kit.

Reactions: M Rose

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
So Saturday went well. Between @G.Goodwin @MrWilsonWJ , Patrick, and myself, a plan of attack was formed.
It was a productive day, but we failed to finish.
@G.Goodwin and I were able to get back together yesterday and get the Fab completed.
Here are a few pics I took along the way. I am sure Garrett will post the painted final product in time.
1114201159_HDR.jpg
1114201211a_HDR.jpg
1114201334_HDR.jpg
1115201447_HDR.jpg

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

So Saturday went well. Between @G.Goodwin @MrWilsonWJ , Patrick, and myself, a plan of attack was formed.
@G.Goodwin and I were able to get back together yesterday and get the Fab completed.
Here are a few pics I took along the way. I am sure Garrett will post the painted final product in time.
View attachment 177218
View attachment 177219
View attachment 177220
View attachment 177221
Lookin' good! Are you guys welding in the sheet metal or using bolts? If it's not attached yet and you guys want to put in some dimpled holes we can bring it out to the shop one of these evenings or this weekend.

Reactions: Ghosting

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Lookin' good! Are you guys welding in the sheet metal or using bolts? If it's not attached yet and you guys want to put in some dimpled holes we can bring it out to the shop one of these evenings or this weekend.
We added tabs and rivnuts to attach the plate. Some dimples would look good.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

We added tabs and rivnuts to attach the plate. Some dimples would look good.
Just let me know and we can figure out a time to drill and press it. I have dies for 1/2",3/4",1",1 1/4", 1 1/2" 1 3"4", 2" and 2 1/2".
I agree that it would look good, even if you can’t see the bottom at the moment. Let me get it printed this weekend hopefully and then we can find a time to make a meet up.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I agree that it would look good, even if you can’t see the bottom at the moment. Let me get it printed this weekend hopefully and then we can find a time to make a meet up.
Sounds good, now with King Jay's new lockdown rules it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere or doing anything for a while so whenever you have time should work.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Reactions: Ceg

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Came across these, not sure about the brands or if anyone is in the market for them but the price doesn't look bad.
Christmas gifts for yourself!

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
View attachment 177218
View attachment 177219
View attachment 177220
View attachment 177221
Cant wait to see the final product

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
View attachment 177218
View attachment 177219
View attachment 177220
View attachment 177221
Yeah, me too! Cough, @G.Goodwin , cough lol

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

View attachment 177218
View attachment 177219
View attachment 177220
View attachment 177221
If I hadn’t dropped the ball and bought supplies I would’ve been painting it tomorrow. However I don’t have the paint or primer to get the job done. Hopefully Friday night I can get something going on it.

The day we started this is the day my wife decided to start 10 projects around my house. Most were large tasks that took some time. I’ve finally finished about 4 of them between days off and after work time. I’m tired of tripping over it and just want it on and see that light bar in action. My goal is this weekend for it to be painted, installed and light bar wired up.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
View attachment 177218
View attachment 177219
View attachment 177220
View attachment 177221
If I hadn’t dropped the ball and bought supplies I would’ve been painting it tomorrow. However I don’t have the paint or primer to get the job done. Hopefully Friday night I can get something going on it.

The day we started this is the day my wife decided to start 10 projects around my house. Most were large tasks that took some time. I’ve finally finished about 4 of them between days off and after work time. I’m tired of tripping over it and just want it on and see that light bar in action. My goal is this weekend for it to be painted, installed and light bar wired up.
Sounds like you guys have a ton going on, plus the holiday.
So .., why is it not done?! ....Lol

Last edited: