Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Me and @garrett.goodwin4320 will be heading up to the blues tomorrow to cruise around for a while if anyone wants to come along. Above is our planned route starting in Tollgate and coming out at Walla Walla.

Plan is to meet at the Spirit gas station (the one with firehouse subs in it) in Burbank at 8:30 am then head for Tollgate. Stop for lunch and a camp fire somewhere along the way and then continue out to Walla Walla. Most of the route is FS roads but there is some sections a little more trail like and it will probably be muddy up there, might come across some snow too.

It's a little last minute, but open to anyone interested in a little Halloween hangover cruise.

Ghosting

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Pendleton OR
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Haug

Me and @garrett.goodwin4320 will be heading up to the blues tomorrow to cruise around for a while if anyone wants to come along. Above is our planned route starting in Tollgate and coming out at Walla Walla.

Plan is to meet at the Spirit gas station (the one with firehouse subs in it) in Burbank at 8:30 am then head for Tollgate. Stop for lunch and a camp fire somewhere along the way and then continue out to Walla Walla. Most of the route is FS roads but there is some sections a little more trail like and it will probably be muddy up there, might come across some snow too.

It's a little last minute, but open to anyone interested in a little Halloween hangover cruise.
Can I meet you guys at Tollgate? I'd be coming from Pendleton. I'm guessing you'd be there round 10:00

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
T
Can I meet you guys at Tollgate? I'd be coming from Pendleton. I'm guessing you'd be there round 10:00
That sounds good. How about at the Alpine Outpost Tollgate store. PM sent

Reactions: Ghosting

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

For some reason my tablet was logged out so I didn't see this earlier. Yes that works, see you in tollgate. See the rest of you guys shortly in Burbank.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Well I hope you all had a great trip. You should be back by now I would think.
I am bummed I couldn't join you all. Had to get the 4runner coated,

This is a before,
IMG_20201101_175044_420.jpg
And this is after,
IMG_20201101_175044_431.jpg
IMG_20201101_175044_430.jpg
It turned out pretty good. I ran out of material, so will need to order a couple bottles to add some thickness to the hood and roof.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Some pictures from our run.

IMG_1020.JPG

Airing down, Tinkerbell is supervising.

IMG_1028.JPG

Fall colors looking toward the Grand Rohnde river Just east of lookout mountain.

Elevation 5,150 ft
Coordinates 45.84992, -117.78734

IMG_0034 (1).jpg

Lunch spot with a view

IMG_1031.JPG

Panorama of the lunch spot

Elevation 4,940 ft
Coordinates 45.89338, -117.75925

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Well I hope you all had a great trip. You should be back by now I would think.
I am bummed I couldn't join you all. Had to get the 4runner coated,

This is a before,
View attachment 175529
And this is after,
View attachment 175530
View attachment 175531
It turned out pretty good. I ran out of material, so will need to order a couple bottles to add some thickness to the hood and roof.
Looks good, that's the same color I have been planning to do the WJ eventually but maybe with some black on the lower part of the body.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Thanks to everyone that came out yesterday, we had a good time. Again I failed to take any pictures to post, I need to get better at that. Anyone have any ideas for another run before the snow flies and it gets cold? Also I'm still looking for any takers on washing the mud off my rig...

Reactions: Ceg

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Thanks to everyone that came out yesterday, we had a good time. Again I failed to take any pictures to post, I need to get better at that. Anyone have any ideas for another run before the snow flies and it gets cold? Also I'm still looking for any takers on washing the mud off my rig...
Want to meet at the Kennewick RDO and use their pressure washer and water haha. Thinking I might do that today instead of hitting up the one on the way home.

There was a group that did some trails outside of Leavenworth a couple of weekends ago. I will look to see if I can find that one again. I was hoping to go on it but the radiator didn't show up in time. Could go this Sunday if people are free? I'm probably going to California the next weekend but if I end up not going then I would be down for a trip then as well. The wife is now hooked so I'm finally getting the funding I've been needing to get some toys to make life a little easier.

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

One of these days I will make it out to a damn trail run with you all.

Sadly my Montero committed suicide the other day..... so the search for a suitable replacement is underway.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Want to meet at the Kennewick RDO and use their pressure washer and water haha. Thinking I might do that today instead of hitting up the one on the way home.

There was a group that did some trails outside of Leavenworth a couple of weekends ago. I will look to see if I can find that one again. I was hoping to go on it but the radiator didn't show up in time. Could go this Sunday if people are free? I'm probably going to California the next weekend but if I end up not going then I would be down for a trip then as well. The wife is now hooked so I'm finally getting the funding I've been needing to get some toys to make life a little easier.
I saw that Sugarloaf trip and was wanting to go as well.
I'm gonna be in Roslyn area this weekend so it'll be a couple weeks before I can get out again.

I'm glad your wife had fun, it's a big thing to get them to enjoy it when you go out. It really helps for turning a hobby of yours into a family activity. Before long she'll be wanting her own rig...

Reactions: G.Goodwin

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I saw that Sugarloaf trip and was wanting to go as well.
I'm gonna be in Roslyn area this weekend so it'll be a couple weeks before I can get out again.

I'm glad your wife had fun, it's a big thing to get them to enjoy it when you go out. It really helps for turning a hobby of yours into a family activity. Before long she'll be wanting her own rig...
I already have her lined up to drive the 4Runner while I run the FJ. She just wants to drive when its not so technical so she can figure out how to pick lines. Figured the next outing I'll just have her drive and ill enjoy the scenery.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I have washed mine 3 times already.... I really hate the mud aftermath.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Reactions: Ceg and Ghosting