Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Looks like fun.
Was the Magruder Corridor the trail in Idaho you were talking about last weekend?

After you mentioned an Idaho trail I started looking at different routes. A fun trip for next summer might be east on the Magruder Corridor to Darby, north on the highway to Lolo then take the Lolo motorway back west. It's a couple of the sections from the IBDR, but each one is over 100 miles so you'd want to spend a couple days on each to explore some of the side roads. Lots of history on those two routes and the scenery looks awesome.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

We had some events come up so we are going to push the fab day that was scheduled for tomorrow to next Saturday the 14th. Me and @PNW EXPLR will try and keep you all updated on a place and time.

Reactions: Monty_moose_gen2

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Sandpoint Steve has started his Monthly Inland Northwest Conference Call back up. It’s still the third Sunday of every month at 7:30 PM Pacific time. The first call will be November 15th. Steve is going to be discussing solar and battery power setups.

I don’t know if I will be doing a monthly call or not, but I have a call scheduled for this Sunday (November 8 @ 7:30 PM Pacific). The topic of conversation for the night will be about pre-trip emergency planning, and what to do in the event something goes wrong when you are out solo. For more information about the call check out the RP Everything Just Went Sideways

We had a member last week get stranded and they walked about 10 miles out of the back country in sub freezing temperatures in the dark. I will be going over lessons learned and how the new OB.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
If anyone wants a subscription to GAIA. They are having a sale on their premium membership.
I just got my REI sale paper last night and they will have the garmin in-reach mini satellite communicator on sale for $250.00 if anyone was waiting for a sale to pull the trigger.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Looks like fun.
Was the Magruder Corridor the trail in Idaho you were talking about last weekend?

After you mentioned an Idaho trail I started looking at different routes. A fun trip for next summer might be east on the Magruder Corridor to Darby, north on the highway to Lolo then take the Lolo motorway back west. It's a couple of the sections from the IBDR, but each one is over 100 miles so you'd want to spend a couple days on each to explore some of the side roads. Lots of history on those two routes and the scenery looks awesome.
Yep. The macgruder corridor is the one that I mentioned

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I just got my REI sale paper last night and they will have the garmin in-reach mini satellite communicator on sale for $250.00 if anyone was waiting for a sale to pull the trigger.
I looked at this last week to see what it was from one of RDO's vendors and this was their price. I might pull the trigger so it has the warranty.

Reactions: Ghosting

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Magruder Corridor in case anyone is curious

GPX viewer

Attachments

Reactions: G.Goodwin

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Magruder Corridor in case anyone is curious

GPX viewer
Check it the Lolo motorway too. We did them both in one 5day trip.

Reactions: M Rose

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
We had some events come up so we are going to push the fab day that was scheduled for tomorrow to next Saturday the 14th. Me and @PNW EXPLR will try and keep you all updated on a place and time.
This is on me guys. I apologize, I thought my haul season was finished, then the phone rang.

I want this fab day to not just be a "hang out and watch" but a sort of work shop. I am going to prepare some tube sections, and some pieces of plate for guys to practice on.
I will work on getting all of that ready this week in between putting the 4runner back together and pulling the T-case on my boys 1994 Ram 2500.

I am truly excited to help @garrett.goodwin4320 with his project, as well as help teach a few basic fab techniques, as well as some welding.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

This is on me guys. I apologize, I thought my haul season was finished, then the phone rang.

I want this fab day to not just be a "hang out and watch" but a sort of work shop. I am going to prepare some tube sections, and some pieces of plate for guys to practice on.
I will work on getting all of that ready this week in between putting the 4runner back together and pulling the T-case on my boys 1994 Ram 2500.

I am truly excited to help @garrett.goodwin4320 with his project, as well as help teach a few basic fab techniques, as well as some welding.
I’m excited to actually fab some parts for something. I haven’t done much but have always wanted too. If this goes well then the winch Mount will be next and maybe a rear bumber and then sliders and then....and then....lol

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I’m excited to actually fab some parts for something. I haven’t done much but have always wanted too. If this goes well then the winch Mount will be next and maybe a rear bumber and then sliders and then....and then....lol
.......a welding machine, and then a tube bender, a band saw, a plasma cutter, a cold saw, a divorce......... another welding machine...

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

.......a welding machine, and then a tube bender, a band saw, a plasma cutter, a cold saw, a divorce......... another welding machine...
Have the welder just need all of the others. Ha ha. Maybe not the divorce though lol been drooling over the Miller 220. Always wanted to learn how to TIG

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE

That is what we did.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF

I miss doing fab work...

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch