Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Liberty 4x4 trail photos are up on the EWE Northern Cle Elum Ranger District 4×4 Overland Trip - Day 1 of 4 Report.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

What do people use for shower/poop stalls? The wife and I are thinking of doing a roof top style but didn’t know what the group does. Thanks for any ideas.

Reactions: M Rose

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

What do people use for shower/poop stalls? The wife and I are thinking of doing a roof top style but didn’t know what the group does. Thanks for any ideas.
Stansport Cabana Privacy Shelter
Is it pretty quick to setup/takedown? Store pretty compact?

We keep looking at the roof rack mounted as it’s just a little bit more than these styles but didn’t know if it was really worth it

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Is it pretty quick to setup/takedown? Store pretty compact?

We keep looking at the roof rack mounted as it’s just a little bit more than these styles but didn’t know if it was really worth it
This is nice to place away from camp if you do group camp outs. We take it overland Jeep camping in case someone needs to use it. It make a great changing room for the boys when they go swimming in Toy on our Blue Mountain Overland Trip.

It is easy to set up and doesn't take up to much room. My sits on the rear fender between the Roll Bar and the side of Jeep tub in the JKU.

Here is a photo of it on the hood of my Son's YJ.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
WABDR Section 3 & Liberty photos are up on the EWE Northern Cle Elum Ranger District 4×4 Overland Trip - Day 2 of 4 Report.

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
We use the exact same stall as @Ceg. While easy to set up and take down and packs small, we are moving to a roof mounted one for her 4Runner build because I will be adding a roof mounted DIY solar shower and the roof top mounted shelter will be much easier to use with a shower.

Reactions: G.Goodwin and Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Liberty & Gallagher photos are up on the EWE Northern Cle Elum Ranger District 4×4 Overland Trip - Day 3 of 4 Report.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Gallagher Head Lake & Van Epps photos are up on the EWE Northern Cle Elum Ranger District 4×4 Overland Trip - Day 4 of 4 Report.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

We use the exact same stall as @Ceg. While easy to set up and take down and packs small, we are moving to a roof mounted one for her 4Runner build because I will be adding a roof mounted DIY solar shower and the roof top mounted shelter will be much easier to use with a shower.
This is exactly what I’m thinking of doing. I found an awning style that was $70 more than the pop up’s that have been shown. I’m about to pull the trigger since if we don’t like it, we aren’t out much.

Reactions: Ceg

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

This is the cheapest one I’ve found

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
This is the cheapest one I’ve found

Thanks G, that is better priced than the ones I have been looking at… did you happen to see the gas water heater as well…

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Next weekend we will be at the Pioneer Power Show & Swap Meet at the Central Washington WA Museum in Union Gap. This is a cool event we have been vending at since 2016. There is a lot of old equipment to see, tractor pulls, old equipment demos, parade, a Kiddie Train, and so much more.

There is swap meet space available for those who want to sell some of the unneeded stuff taking up our space for new stuff. We are in that area selling food. Camp in your space.

Hope to see you there!

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Sounds like a good time. Sorry i have to work,

Reactions: Ceg

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

So I’m trying to find a local place to get eye nuts for our roof rack and came across Grainger. They have two different versions. A low carbon and a Zinc. Does someone know more about steel than I do that can tell me which would work for just holding totes and a solar shower to the rack?

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So I’m trying to find a local place to get eye nuts for our roof rack and came across Grainger. They have two different versions. A low carbon and a Zinc. Does someone know more about steel than I do that can tell me which would work for just holding totes and a solar shower to the rack?
Either one will work… low carbon is going to rust quicker, but can be powder coated or pained to minimize oxidation… where as galvanized will rust and there isn’t much of anything you can do to prevent it.