First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Where to camp around the Tri-Cities?

I love wheeling Juniper Dunes but do not like camping there. I am done with the noise of the loud side-by-sides and ATVs running next to our camp all hours of the night. Same as Moses Lake and Beverly Dunes.

So I am looking for somewhere near Juniper Dunes to camp. Dispersed camping is best but a RV Park may work if the cost isn't a lot. I also don't want to camp in Tweekerville.

I am hoping to do the Juniper Dunes Clean Up if they have it again in the Spring when I can make it. The normal weekend falls on Easter in 2023 and that is a no go for me.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I don't know of a whole lot in the area that would be dispersed. There is two game management areas further out the highway past the turn off for Juniper, big Flats and Lost Island but I don't know if they are open for camping. There is Levey park which is a little closer than those, but again not sure if it is open for camping. Other then those places I think the only thing would be private land or in a park.

Reactions: Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I don't know of a whole lot in the area that would be dispersed. There is two game management areas further out the highway past the turn off for Juniper, big Flats and Lost Island but I don't know if they are open for camping. There is Levey park which is a little closer than those, but again not sure if it is open for camping. Other then those places I think the only thing would be private land or in a park.
Thanks. I am not finding anywhere to camp other than RV parks. Not crazy about that type of camping but it would be better than a long day driving.

I don't know anyone anymore that has private land around there.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Here is the EWE Divide Ridge 4×4 Trip Video:

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Idk if anyone has looked at the meet up in Idaho next month but I’m thinking on heading up there for it. Try and meet some people from another state for more trip ideas. Still thinking on doing the ID BDR next year but time will tell.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Idk if anyone has looked at the meet up in Idaho next month but I’m thinking on heading up there for it. Try and meet some people from another state for more trip ideas. Still thinking on doing the ID BDR next year but time will tell.
I was looking at that last week. Depending on weather I could be up for the trip.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Me too. I would like to see that truck!

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Same boat as the cruiser I see
Yeah, It was drivable when I got it but not reliable enough for long trips so made the hard decision to build it right the first time. Try to make progress each week.
You’re better than I am! I moved it from my parents to my place in the hope to spend time and it hasn’t helped. I’m at the wiring stage and still not a fan of it even with the new harness. Hope to spend time this weekend since it’s a long one.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Yeah, It was drivable when I got it but not reliable enough for long trips so made the hard decision to build it right the first time. Try to make progress each week.
You’re better than I am! I moved it from my parents to my place in the hope to spend time and it hasn’t helped. I’m at the wiring stage and still not a fan of it even with the new harness. Hope to spend time this weekend since it’s a long one.
Just break in down into small bite sized pieces.
- Lay harness out and separate engine bay, cabin, tail lights
- Mount fuse box
- Route Wires
-Engine bay
-interior
-rear
Start making easy connections, like tail lights.
Blah blah blah, just don’t think “I gotta finish the wiring” instead think “ today I’m gunna wire the left tail light”.
This is how I approach large tasks.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Just break in down into small bite sized pieces.
- Lay harness out and separate engine bay, cabin, tail lights
- Mount fuse box
- Route Wires
-Engine bay
-interior
-rear
Start making easy connections, like tail lights.
Blah blah blah, just don’t think “I gotta finish the wiring” instead think “ today I’m gunna wire the left tail light”.
This is how I approach large tasks.
Makes perfect sense