Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I'd be down to come out as long as the decision maker doesn't have plans for us that weekend. I better get to work on the WJ, Santa brought me some new 4.5" lift Clayton off road coils! Now I gotta decide next step/direction to go with my suspension so I can get them on.

I also got my storage boxes for the rear about 90% complete so its time to figure out the next winter project.
View attachment 181635View attachment 181636View attachment 181637
Those are some nice storage boxes.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Nice job on the boxes!
Thanks! Trying to keep this winter's mods geared more towards overland and not as much for wheeling, but with the lift springs plans might change. Might be some other suspension upgrades and lockers in the Grands future.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I would like to invite you guys to our annual Slab Meet & Greet in February. Most of the time the weather is warm enough to stand around and a few times it was very cold. We also co-host a clean up a month later which we will camp the night before if all works out.

Here is the link for the M&G:
15th Annual EWE Slab ORV Meet & Greet - 2/20/21
I’m off that day and have it on the calendar. Hope to meet up with a couple of you.

Reactions: Ceg and PNW EXPLR

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Bought myself a new years present. Ordered the Baofeng UV-82. Will definitely need some help on programming but I'm sure it is just figuring out how it works to be able to use it.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Bought myself a new years present. Ordered the Baofeng UV-82. Will definitely need some help on programming but I'm sure it is just figuring out how it works to be able to use it.
Get a programming cable and download Chirp. Baofengs aren’t just a device that you charge the battery and get right in the air with. They are actually one of the most complicated radios to set up, and almost impossible to set up without a programmer.
Once you download and install Chirp though, it becomes very easy to set up. @PNW EXPLR, @Sandpoint Steve and myself have Chirp Files we can share with you to also make the process a lot smoother. When are you getting your Ticket?

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Get a programming cable and download Chirp. Baofengs aren’t just a device that you charge the battery and get right in the air with. They are actually one of the most complicated radios to set up, and almost impossible to set up without a programmer.
Once you download and install Chirp though, it becomes very easy to set up. @PNW EXPLR, @Sandpoint Steve and myself have Chirp Files we can share with you to also make the process a lot smoother. When are you getting your Ticket?
That’s my goal for this month

Reactions: M Rose

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
That’s my goal for this month
@JL Lou is also familiar with Chirp and programming.

Make sure you buy the authentic $19.99 programming cable. They have a chip in them. The cheap knock offs sometimes don't work. Ask me how I know.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
@JL Lou is also familiar with Chirp and programming.

Make sure you buy the authentic $19.99 programming cable. They have a chip in them. The cheap knock offs sometimes don't work. Ask me how I know.
I am willing to help. And I have a cable if you want to borrow it. I believe that the cable and software is the only way to program a repeater on a Baofeng

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I am willing to help. And I have a cable if you want to borrow it. I believe that the cable and software is the only way to program a repeater on a Baofeng
It’s not the only way, but by far the easiest way...

the easiest radio I’ve used yet for on the fly programming without needing a pc is the Icom IC-7100. Spin the VFO to a Repeater’s output frequency and the radio takes care of the rest... you can even put it into a repeater scan mode and it will look for repeaters within range... pretty neat... but it’s a pricey rig... cheapest I have seen was $745 normally they go for just shy of $1000. It’s also more radio than a tech can use.

Last edited:

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I’ve got this license plate bracket for a light mount that I don’t need. Does anyone on here want it? I would take a pack of beer for it lol

Attachments

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Might need some help this weekend. I am hoping to get my new winch installed. Last night I got it mounted to the winch plate. I will need to remove my front bumper in order to mount the plate. I will be borrowing an engine hoist from my father in law to do the heavy lifting. Thinking Saturday, weather is supposed to be good. I will provide frosty refreshments.
0105212055_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Ceg and M Rose

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Well, I am working this weekend. I am off tomorrow if you want to do it early. You have my number.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Well, I am working this weekend. I am off tomorrow if you want to do it early. You have my number.
I appreciate your willingness to help Lou. Unfortunately I am not prepared enough for tomorrow. Still need to go get the hoist and have plans for early afternoon.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I appreciate your willingness to help Lou. Unfortunately I am not prepared enough for tomorrow. Still need to go get the hoist and have plans for early afternoon.
I should be around Saturday if you need a hand, just let me know what time. If the weather turns to crap we can always bring it out to the shop and do it inside.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I should be around Saturday if you need a hand, just let me know what time. If the weather turns to crap we can always bring it out to the shop and do it inside.
Do you have a hoist at the shop?

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Like a 2 post for lifting the whole pickup or just something to lift the bumper?
To lift the bumper we have a few things we could use, forklift would probably be the easiest or an air lift for raising the front end of a vehicle. We do have a 2 post lift but it isn't heavy enough for bigger pickups, we have a bigger one I just need to get it put up this winter.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Like a 2 post for lifting the whole pickup or just something to lift the bumper?
To lift the bumper we have a few things we could use, forklift would probably be the easiest or an air lift for raising the front end of a vehicle. We do have a 2 post lift but it isn't heavy enough for bigger pickups, we have a bigger one I just need to get it put up this winter.
Just for lifting the bumper off and back on. Will be close to 300#'s going back on.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Just for lifting the bumper off and back on. Will be close to 300#'s going back on.
Should have anything we would need to do it out there if you want to plan for that rather than borrowing a hoist. It is about a 20 min drive out there, not super far but also not real close if you forget a part at home.... I've done that a few times and wasted an afternoon I planned to be productive.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR