Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Should have anything we would need to do it out there if you want to plan for that rather than borrowing a hoist. It is about a 20 min drive out there, not super far but also not real close if you forget a part at home.... I've done that a few times and wasted an afternoon I planned to be productive.
Yeah, lets plan for that. Saturday's good for you? What time?

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Might need some help this weekend. I am hoping to get my new winch installed. Last night I got it mounted to the winch plate. I will need to remove my front bumper in order to mount the plate. I will be borrowing an engine hoist from my father in law to do the heavy lifting. Thinking Saturday, weather is supposed to be good. I will provide frosty refreshments.
View attachment 182657
I was planned to be off but ended up swapping with someone to get some better days off. I’ll send ya a text when I’m off to see what your progress is. Hopefully @MrWilsonWJ can make it happen with the shop tools. Always nice having access to some better equipment.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Yeah, lets plan for that. Saturday's good for you? What time?
Tomorrow works, I'm usually up early-ish on the weekends. 9 a.m at Kahlotus Korners Shell station sound good? It's the gas station at the exit off of HWY 12 to head out the Pasco Kahlotus Hwy. towards Juniper Dunes.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Tomorrow works, I'm usually up early-ish on the weekends. 9 a.m at Kahlotus Korners Shell station sound good? It's the gas station at the exit off of HWY 12 to head out the Pasco Kahlotus Hwy. towards Juniper Dunes.
Works for me.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

I miss all the good stuff lately, would love to lend a hand but have to pack up the wife and get her headed to Ohio. Her dad just had a double bypass yesterday. Almost bachelor life for a while, got to teach the 14 year old to be self-sufficient for a bit (he can't ask mom for everything, will be at a loss for a few days I think).

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Mike, here's the jump pack I was telling you about. Boost Pack ES580. It's a couple years old so they might have a new model number but should be able to look up specs for this to compare. Anyone else looking at jump packs, I've had good luck with this one and it has enough juice to start my Cummins.
20210109_132523.jpg20210109_132435.jpg20210109_132448.jpg

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Mike, here's the jump pack I was telling you about. Boost Pack ES580. It's a couple years old so they might have a new model number but should be able to look up specs for this to compare. Anyone else looking at jump packs, I've had good luck with this one and it has enough juice to start my Cummins.
View attachment 183041View attachment 183042View attachment 183043
I convinced my work to buy me a little one when I was in my old position. It was the GB150. I was very impressed with it. Could jump a combine from a dead cold. It is probably overkill for all of us but I liked their layout and they have a fast charger for their products as well that charges the whole unit in under an hour. They have different models based on motor size.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
View attachment 183041View attachment 183042View attachment 183043
I convinced my work to buy me a little one when I was in my old position. It was the GB150. I was very impressed with it. Could jump a combine from a dead cold. It is probably overkill for all of us but I liked their layout and they have a fast charger for their products as well that charges the whole unit in under an hour. They have different models based on motor size.
Saw these at Costco today just an FYI
Down the rabbit hole I go......

Reactions: G.Goodwin

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

BPL4.jpg

Made it out to the woods this weekend to test out my cold weather camp setup and it was a success, no frost bite! Really I think it only got down to the low 20's but I stayed nice a toasty sleeping in the Jeep. Me and a couple buddies went up to Bull Prairie Lake campground outside of Heppner, there was around 12" of snow on the way in and in spots around camp. Ice on the lake was around 10" thick with few people out ice fishing Saturday. Didn't do much running the roads around there but looked like it would be a good spot to go back and explore this spring/summer.
BPL3.jpgBPL1.jpgBPL2.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
View attachment 184320

Made it out to the woods this weekend to test out my cold weather camp setup and it was a success, no frost bite! Really I think it only got down to the low 20's but I stayed nice a toasty sleeping in the Jeep. Me and a couple buddies went up to Bull Prairie Lake campground outside of Heppner, there was around 12" of snow on the way in and in spots around camp. Ice on the lake was around 10" thick with few people out ice fishing Saturday. Didn't do much running the roads around there but looked like it would be a good spot to go back and explore this spring/summer.
View attachment 184321View attachment 184322View attachment 184323
Hepner is a lot of fun to explore in May/June before the fire band are in place. Looks like you had a lot of fun Dustin. Would my stock 4Runner make it to the lake right now? I’m starting to get the camping itch again badly.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hepner is a lot of fun to explore in May/June before the fire band are in place. Looks like you had a lot of fun Dustin. Would my stock 4Runner make it to the lake right now? I’m starting to get the camping itch again badly.
There was no snow on the highway but once you turned off on the FS road it was probably between 6"-12" for the 2-3 miles into the lake. It was tracked up and packed so getting in wasn't a problem you might push snow with the axle in a few places. There was an older stock Tahoe in there on Saturday so I would think the 4Runner would make it in. Past the campground a few mile on the FS road the snow was gone with only a little in the trees, but we didn't venture too far and weren't really looking for dispersed spots. But if you make it up there the outhouses were unlocked so that was a bonus.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
There was no snow on the highway but once you turned off on the FS road it was probably between 6"-12" for the 2-3 miles into the lake. It was tracked up and packed so getting in wasn't a problem you might push snow with the axle in a few places. There was an older stock Tahoe in there on Saturday so I would think the 4Runner would make it in. Past the campground a few mile on the FS road the snow was gone with only a little in the trees, but we didn't venture too far and weren't really looking for dispersed spots. But if you make it up there the outhouses were unlocked so that was a bonus.
Thanks Dustin for the road report. I might have to look into a trip here in the very near future. My wife hates camping in the cold, but I actually enjoy it.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Dustin, I found the next mod for your WJ ( 2nd gen Grand Cherokee for our non Jeep friends).

View attachment 144254
@JL Lou , I saw one of these made out of a WK in Kennewick the other day! It was going by on a trailer and my first thought was what the hell is that El Camino looking thing, then I remember this picture you posted. I wish I would have been faster with my camera.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV