Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

ah, that is why it was familiar. Yes.
And no, could never use an emblem which I do not deserve or serve.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
ah, that is why it was familiar. Yes.
And no, could never use an emblem which I do not deserve or serve.
It was not meant to be a serious suggestion my friend i thought you would have regonised the ensig stright away as your loction being were its is. Pegasus is widely used by ex para we have. Tree surgeons etc in the area with it Builders etc Always makes for conversation but attracts some negertive attension allso

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

No, one of the reasons is that my memory doesnt work that way. The other reasons is that I went out of the military over 30 years ago. And the last one is that in the Netherlands we dont have a dedicated Paratrooper regiment.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
No, one of the reasons is that my memory doesnt work that way. The other reasons is that I went out of the military over 30 years ago. And the last one is that in the Netherlands we dont have a dedicated Paratrooper regiment.
But a fine special forces according to my friends , i purchased i dutch forces sleeping bag system. Unused and a cracking bit of kit bivy bag and all season. In a compresion bag £80 steal Bnt

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Back to the trailers ive purchesd a set of disco wheels for my trailer no need spacers so i am reliable told not hings easy in this venture

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Great, and yes, trailers in europe isnt easy. Strangly we dont have a real market for it. No demand and no manufacturers.
And what is on the market does not fit most of the requirements. And certainly not mine.

I think a Teardrop Trailer is the closest of what we would like to have. But there is a big but with it. They are too wide. To have a 2 person bed between the wheels makes the trailer too wide.
220cm is wider as many of our SUV/4x4 light trucks we have.
Therefor mine will be higher, but will have the bed above the wheels. So, mine has a width of just 161cm which is the same as my Frontera.
Hight will be around 200cm and length is overall just a bit more as 400cm.
These measurements asure me that the trailer goes where ever I go with the car.

I think due loading the trailer correctly I think the offroad capability will be good, maybe great. That is something we will find out soon.

Today I made two extensions for the back of the chassis. So the box will be carried in the back as well by the chassis.
I will extend them to a full fledged protection to keep rocks and such away from the box.

So with these, which will be demountable, I can build the protection away from the trailer and when ready mount it again
And the chassis will be around 50cm longer in the back before the protection follows the line of the box.

And it will look like this, but I hope the work with metal I can do better as the work with Paint.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Ive bought raptor for my. Wheel arches on my truck and am going to do the lower band on the box on my trailer

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Raptor is great stuff, will cover the Trailer with it too. Just dont know if I can use transparent over exsisting paint and stickers. If so , I hope I can make some nice little markings on it.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

So today I was at the company that is building my trailer and I made some adjustments to the chassis.
Simple adjustments but they work out fine and will be the basis for the protection I have in the back when all is done.

And I was very pleased that when it was on it, it was just one mm of right and left. So, very pleased. This because I have made them at home and had to hold the measurments in mind of the chassis itself.
Not bad for a non mechanic.

Then I went inside and we had some talks, and walk through the building. And I saw my box. Well, more or less. It was still in Ikea form. Rolled up. :tonguewink:

Today, and the rest of the week, these sheets of fabric, together with the purpe foam stuff will be the panels from which my box will be build.
Here you can see the table were these sheets will be cut, glued and pressed into the panel which will be strong and light.

And it is a very long table, which is needed as the front, roof and back section will be in one piece.

I hope I can show you next week more and hopefully an almost ready trailer.

Now it is time to go to the Expo at Bad Kissingen. Ciao.

Reactions: [DO]Ron and Steve

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello again,

Yesterday I went to Lelystad to help with the build of my new Trailer and I am very pleased with the results.
I hoped it would be ready but, no, there is way more work to do. But it is starting to look like it.
This week most will be done and next Tuesday I will pick it up.
The only thing that maybe wont be there is the door. That is ordered, but still hasnt arrived.
But if it aint there, the hole for the door will be in it, and I will pick it up and can finish it.
The owner of the company will come and assemble the door when it has arrived. So, no time wasted then.
Here some pictures of the results of these two days.

And here the moment that the roof was fitted. It was the longest roof in one piece they ever fitted.
Point is the roof starts right at the bottom on the front and ends on top of the depart angle part at the back. Which means that there will be no cuts from front to back.
Very nice done.
I hope I will be able to show you some pictures on Friday.

Reactions: [DO]Ron and Steve

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well, another update.

And tomorrow, I am gonna pick it up and then the window in the front, the hatches on the left and right, the door hole and the solar panel will be mounted as well.
I hope the door will be there as well, but if not, it will come a bit later.
But tomorrow I will be able to drive it home.
So excited.

Reactions: [DO]Ron