Photography

• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I have been contemplating 43 cameras but the Fuji X series has really sparked my interest. Good form factor ( not as small as 43s or N1) but definitely smaller than DSLR. Glass is superb based on everything I've read. The APSC sensor has great IQ and many people rave about the Fuji color rendition. ... I'm surprised I havent seen any posts about Fuji.
@SpikeMD

I always ran Fuji films when shooting events. I bought the S3Pro the day it came out. The skin tones from Fuji films and cameras can't be beat. (Even by the Nikon D810, I've yet to get hands on the 850) Had they kept up the DSLR lineup I'd still have one today. (Just gave the S3 to the Nephew as an upgrade to his Fuji Instax.) My only concern with the S3 was had to keep a faster camera for action (It could not keep up with a flower toss at a wedding for example.) I've not shot enough with the recent series to say if they have resolved the speed issue but I took a couple out at a Mike's camera Test drive event and the color still can't be beat.

IIRC Granite Bay is Just outside of Sacramento Ca correct? If so consider visiting the Zoo when they come to town: https://mikescamera.com/sacramento-zoo-demo-day.html If they run the show like they did in Denver and Colo Spgs. You get to borrow cameras from point and shoot up to Full on Pro bodies and lenses. Walk around and shoot it for an hour then swap it for another one. Best way ever to try before you buy.

Boort

DLWilson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Flemington, NJ
Member #

I've been shooting off and on for the last 14 years. It all started with a High School Photography class. I loved the film process but digital has spoiled me. In the past I've shot with a Canon AE-1, Rebel XT, 1D MKII, Olympus OMD 5, Canon 6d, and now have a Fuji XT-1. For me, I love the size and quality of the XT-1 and the lenses are great. Now I have to balance rig upgrades with new photo gear.. might need a second job!

Here is a link to some of my work. Linky

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I am having trouble adding photos to my profile. do you have any tips.
It appears the only way one can add images to their profile at present (at least from what I see via browser on desktop/laptop; not sure yet about app or via mobile site) is to have the image hosted elsewhere, then link to it with a URL. That's different then the way it works in a post, where you can upload an image from your computer or device and put it into a post wherever you want. Are you trying to add a photo to your Personal Details/About You section?

I'll ask about it, and see if that's intentional. If it's meant to be the same as a forum post, uploading an image directly, not linking to it, I'll see what can be done to fix it. Either way, @Paladin2020, I'll post back here with what I find out.

Cool?

Thanks,

Road

Reactions: DLWilson

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

It appears the only way one can add images to their profile at present (at least from what I see via browser on desktop/laptop; not sure yet about app or via mobile site) is to have the image hosted elsewhere, then link to it with a URL. That's different then the way it works in a post, where you can upload an image from your computer or device and put it into a post wherever you want. Are you trying to add a photo to your Personal Details/About You section?

I'll ask about it, and see if that's intentional. If it's meant to be the same as a forum post, uploading an image directly, not linking to it, I'll see what can be done to fix it. Either way, @Paladin2020, I'll post back here with what I find out.
@Paladin2020
I think I uploaded my Profile pic to a post, then grabbed the URL form the post and added it as my profile Pic. This worked for my case, Not sure if it will also work for you.

Boort

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@Paladin2020 - If you're looking to add images to your profile other
@Paladin2020
I think I uploaded my Profile pic to a post, then grabbed the URL form the post and added it as my profile Pic. This worked for my case, Not sure if it will also work for you.

Boort
I think @Paladin2020 may be asking how to add photos to one's Personal Details/About You part of the profile, or perhaps Signature, both of which only allow pics hosted elsewhere for now. I'm looking into whether or not that can be changed to upload directly, too. Hopefully he'll see these posts and let us know where he wants to add photos.

Changing one's profile pic/avatar can be done via direct upload from computer or mobile device if using a browser. I don't see any way to change profile info or pic with the OBTalk App.

BUT, in playing around with things, I found out you can copy/paste an image into your Personal Details/About You section or into your Signature. No url or direct upload necessary. I didn't know we could do that. I'd want it to be a small image, I would think.

Paladin2020

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crawfordville, FL
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Ruby Mnt Goats.jpg

Ruby Mnt Goats 4.jpg

Ruby Mnt Goats 3.jpg

Ruby Mnt Goats 2.jpg

Ruby Mn't in Feb of 2017
@Paladin2020 - If you're looking to add images to your profile other

I think @Paladin2020 may be asking how to add photos to one's Personal Details/About You part of the profile, or perhaps Signature, both of which only allow pics hosted elsewhere for now. I'm looking into whether or not that can be changed to upload directly, too. Hopefully he'll see these posts and let us know where he wants to add photos.

Changing one's profile pic/avatar can be done via direct upload from computer or mobile device if using a browser. I don't see any way to change profile info or pic with the OBTalk App.

BUT, in playing around with things, I found out you can copy/paste an image into your Personal Details/About You section or into your Signature. No url or direct upload necessary. I didn't know we could do that. I'd want it to be a small image, I would think.
I'd like to add them to the Photography Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I'd like to add them to the Photography Forum.
You just did add them; this is the photography forum. I see you added them to another photography thread, too.

No need, though, to add them all so many times in the same post. I'll go in and fix it for you.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

That is a really high quality photo! Would you happen to have an example of a landscape photo taken with it? This might the compact replacement I've been looking for.
The closest to landscape photography I have, straight off the camera @Plisken

DSC00736 by Joachim Sandven, on Flickr