Photography

• HTML tutorial
Until january, canon 5d mark ii and canon 60d. Also had 103 operating vintahe cameras that I would play with here and there. I used a variety of new and old and one off franken-lenses that i built out of curiosity. All stolen. Now im simple pimple. Found a barely used canon 300d with an 18-55 kit lens that operates perfectly. I also now have a new franken-lens that im close to accomplishing infinity focus with.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

E46BE065-959F-42F3-8E65-A82F3EC61E95.jpeg Hi all, jumping on this thread a bit late as I am new to the group. Excited to see other photogs here! I shoot with my Sony A7Rii and I love it. I travel extensively for work, so the small form factor of the mirrorless is perfect. I can put my 1.8 50mm prime on and it fits in a coat pocket, or I can add the vertical grip and break out the big guns with my 2.8 GM 24-70mm lens. I also use a 4.0 G 70-200mm for my zoom. I had the Sony A7ii before and loved it too, but upgraded last year before going to Nepal and have been soooo pleased. I also have an old Canon 20D that I had given to me and some assorted lenses, but I am just to enamoured with my Sony. Here is a shot from my Nepal trek! For those on Instagram feel free to check me out @ncatpics

Musubie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Los Angeles
View attachment 57711 Hi all, jumping on this thread a bit late as I am new to the group. Excited to see other photogs here! I shoot with my Sony A7Rii and I love it. I travel extensively for work, so the small form factor of the mirrorless is perfect. I can put my 1.8 50mm prime on and it fits in a coat pocket, or I can add the vertical grip and break out the big guns with my 2.8 GM 24-70mm lens. I also use a 4.0 G 70-200mm for my zoom. I had the Sony A7ii before and loved it too, but upgraded last year before going to Nepal and have been soooo pleased. I also have an old Canon 20D that I had given to me and some assorted lenses, but I am just to enamoured with my Sony. Here is a shot from my Nepal trek! For those on Instagram feel free to check me out @ncatpics
Mirrorless for me, too. I used to shoot a Canon 5D, but then I got old and my back didn't like schlepping all that stuff with me. I went the mirrorless route and couldn't be happier. Mine's a Fujifilm X-T2 (but hey, they use a Sony sensor, too!), and there are so many other things other than size and weight that make it ideal for me. Some of the fancy high-end glass suffered from back-focusing problems. But with focus peaking and being able to see exactly what the sensor sees, who cares about back-focusing? What the heck is back-focusing anymore?

I carry the 10-24mm 4.0, 85mm 1.2, and the 100-400 + macro and 1.4X extender; Cokin filter holders and Singh Ray filters, and all held to gather by the Gitzo Traveler and RRS BH-25 ballhead. It's seen me through my travels throughout the world, and the only reason I'd switch back to something the size of my old 5D would be to shoot the Fuljifilm GFX 50 medium format mirrorless.

DSCF1286.jpg
Storm over Lake Titicaca on the Bolivian side.

DSCF1602.jpg
Sunset along the North Rim, Grand Canyon.

Attachments

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Mirrorless for me, too. I used to shoot a Canon 5D, but then I got old and my back didn't like schlepping all that stuff with me. I went the mirrorless route and couldn't be happier. Mine's a Fujifilm X-T2 (but hey, they use a Sony sensor, too!), and there are so many other things other than size and weight that make it ideal for me. Some of the fancy high-end glass suffered from back-focusing problems. But with focus peaking and being able to see exactly what the sensor sees, who cares about back-focusing? What the heck is back-focusing anymore?

I carry the 10-24mm 4.0, 85mm 1.2, and the 100-400 + macro and 1.4X extender; Cokin filter holders and Singh Ray filters, and all held to gather by the Gitzo Traveler and RRS BH-25 ballhead. It's seen me through my travels throughout the world, and the only reason I'd switch back to something the size of my old 5D would be to shoot the Fuljifilm GFX 50 medium format mirrorless.

View attachment 58168
Storm over Lake Titicaca on the Bolivian side.

View attachment 58171
Sunset along the North Rim, Grand Canyon.
Sounds like a nice kit! Love your north rim shots too! I went to school in Flagstaff, so that part of the world has lots of fond memories and some amazing outdoors activities

Musubie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Los Angeles
Sounds like a nice kit! Love your north rim shots too! I went to school in Flagstaff, so that part of the world has lots of fond memories and some amazing outdoors activities
You a Lumberjack? I'm an old Wildcat myself. I do love Arizona. The whole 4 Corners, actually.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

I think this a great forum to have since so many of the places most of us explore the average vehicle would never be able to reach or have thought to seek out so this is quite relevant for sure. I am not the photographer and just my garbage phone for photos lol. The wife is the professional using her Canon Rebel T5-i EOS with an assortment of lenses and gear, definitely has an eye for landscaping photography for sure. Check her website and IG out! IG account @karifrinkphotography and her website http://karifrink.wixsite.com/karifrinkphoto

Reactions: Aussie571 and Ncat

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #