OB Members Colorado

• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

So have any of you been up to Turquoise Lake? If so, how are the MTB trails and fishing?
World class biking trails around Haggerman's pass. Not a biker myself but I know that there are a number of races up there all summer. Some of those folks are crazy. While driving over the pass I watched a Guy bombing a bike trail lose control and crash into the side of the truck in front of me. The Turquoise Lake rd / Loop (FR 9/ 9c / 4) is a fun less technical ride. Though at 2miles up the thin air makes is more technical than the hills if you are from the lowlands :D .

Fishing for large lake trout and medium rainbows is great this time of year as they have just defrosted and are hungry. if you can get over to the west end inlet near the MayQueen CG. Rainbows are usually up Bush creek and Lake fork if you are into fly fishing, While the Lake trout are in the bottom of the inlet channel churn. Some years also have luck by the Dam other years not so much. Dam tends to get better later in the summer.

Enjoy the area It is one of my Colorado favorites! Twin lakes a bit south of there is also great for fishing and hiking.
Boort

Crashing Rhino

Rank II

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KEØWAJ
So have any of you been up to Turquoise Lake? If so, how are the MTB trails and fishing?
World class biking trails around Haggerman's pass. Not a biker myself but I know that there are a number of races up there all summer. Some of those folks are crazy. While driving over the pass I watched a Guy bombing a bike trail lose control and crash into the side of the truck in front of me. The Turquoise Lake rd / Loop (FR 9/ 9c / 4) is a fun less technical ride. Though at 2miles up the thin air makes is more technical than the hills if you are from the lowlands :D .

Fishing for large lake trout and medium rainbows is great this time of year as they have just defrosted and are hungry. if you can get over to the west end inlet near the MayQueen CG. Rainbows are usually up Bush creek and Lake fork if you are into fly fishing, While the Lake trout are in the bottom of the inlet channel churn. Some years also have luck by the Dam other years not so much. Dam tends to get better later in the summer.

Enjoy the area It is one of my Colorado favorites! Twin lakes a bit south of there is also great for fishing and hiking.
Boort
Thanks! That is some great info! Appreciate it.

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Service Branch
Former EMT
Hi everyone. I am Bill. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I Drive a 2008 stock Toyota Tacoma DCSB. I am currently designing and building a sleeping platform for the bed and preparing for an 8 week sabbatical. The first week is me by myself in the woods, decompressing, reading, fishing, Mountain Biking, Hammocking and resting. I joined to seek wisdom from others who have gone before me. I am a rookie to say the least. I have watched a lot of Youtube learning about overloading, camping & survival. Looking forward to the engagement from you all. View attachment 231215
I made a DIY sleeping platform for the bed of my Ranger. Only reason I don't use it super often now is because my truck is a short bed. Excellent camping option for keeping out of the weather and packing up quickly. Let me know if you want me to send pictures over for some inspiration.

Crashing Rhino

Rank II

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KEØWAJ
Hi everyone. I am Bill. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I Drive a 2008 stock Toyota Tacoma DCSB. I am currently designing and building a sleeping platform for the bed and preparing for an 8 week sabbatical. The first week is me by myself in the woods, decompressing, reading, fishing, Mountain Biking, Hammocking and resting. I joined to seek wisdom from others who have gone before me. I am a rookie to say the least. I have watched a lot of Youtube learning about overloading, camping & survival. Looking forward to the engagement from you all. View attachment 231215
I made a DIY sleeping platform for the bed of my Ranger. Only reason I don't use it super often now is because my truck is a short bed. Excellent camping option for keeping out of the weather and packing up quickly. Let me know if you want me to send pictures over for some inspiration.
That would be awesome! I got like 2.5 weeks till I leave and have not even started in it yet. I do need to seal the cap better to the bed.

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
Hello Coloradan's. My name is Gil Kajiki, I live in Timanth / Fort Collins. I live here with my wife Kim, and my aging Chocolate Lab Emi. I've got a 96 Land Cruiser FJ80. it's a pretty capable vehicle. I'm not a rock crawler, but I wanted to build it so I can get to some fishing spots that your average car can't get to. I'm up for some off-roading to some small stream fly fishing camping spots. I'd love to connect with those of you that are familiar with No Co area want to off road to some secret fly fishing spots. My wife would rather not her picture so I'll show you my rig and my pooch.
7D0EDCB3-418C-4F3E-BC99-F2444C733EB5_1_105_c.jpegB8A6FE78-737F-481B-82C8-D8BE6BAFB775_1_105_c.jpeg

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello Coloradan's. My name is Gil Kajiki, I live in Timanth / Fort Collins. I live here with my wife Kim, and my aging Chocolate Lab Emi. I've got a 96 Land Cruiser FJ80. it's a pretty capable vehicle. I'm not a rock crawler, but I wanted to build it so I can get to some fishing spots that your average car can't get to. I'm up for some off-roading to some small stream fly fishing camping spots. I'd love to connect with those of you that are familiar with No Co area want to off road to some secret fly fishing spots. My wife would rather not her picture so I'll show you my rig and my pooch.
View attachment 231822View attachment 231823
Welcome, Gil!

Reactions: Dr Gil

RangerChris

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Reigle
Member #

Just joined! We just moved from sc to here in Fort Collins, CO. Looking for some new trail buddies!

We've got a kitted-out '99 4Runner and we just got a '21 Ford Ranger that's going to be the new "overland" build. TONS of parts showing up this week for it!

Attachments

Reactions: zgfiredude

AlamoCruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Does anybody in the Denver metro area/slightly outside of it do custom rock sliders? I am in serious need of flat kickout rock sliders for my 2003 LX470 prior to going to Ouray and Moab at the end of August, but I have a feeling most offroad fabrication shops won't be able to make it happen in time due to long lead times with their customer base

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Does anybody in the Denver metro area/slightly outside of it do custom rock sliders? I am in serious need of flat kickout rock sliders for my 2003 LX470 prior to going to Ouray and Moab at the end of August, but I have a feeling most offroad fabrication shops won't be able to make it happen in time due to long lead times with their customer base
Look up White Rhino Fabrication on Facebook. They are out of Mississippi, but might can get you handled before your trip.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I recently moved from Oregon to Colorado with my dog along with my overlanding Subaru Outback. I currently reside in Golden so I can be closer to my family. Almost twenty years ago, I resided in Boulder. Next month, I will be attending Overland Expo Mtn West.
Welcome!

@Iridium will be eager to talk to you!

Reactions: Cascadia

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I recently moved from Oregon to Colorado with my dog along with my overlanding Subaru Outback. I currently reside in Golden so I can be closer to my family. Almost twenty years ago, I resided in Boulder. Next month, I will be attending Overland Expo Mtn West.
Welcome to the community! I'm in the process of planning a meet n greet/rigs n coffee near expo, would love to see how you've set up your outback and get you out there with us ! Feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I know one of my coworker's spouses does fabrication work not sure if he's done sliders for a 470 before but if you'd like I can put you in touch with him.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Ft. Collins is a bit of a drive on my end but if my schedule is open, I would do my best. I look forward to meeting everyone at the Expo. Here is a preview of my Outback.

View attachment 235652
We go all over, and have a fairly active community depending on what kinda trouble you're looking to get into I'm hoping to get more of the awd crowd more involved but we can chat privately about that :)

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Service Branch
Former EMT
Welcome (back)!