Travelnut17

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cortez, Montezuma County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Tonja
Last Name
Peterson
Hello all, my name is Tonja and I’m new to OB.
My hubby and I are working on building up a full time Overlander on an 80 series to travel central and South America in after retirement.
We live in sw Colorado and love to hike and hit the trails in the silverton /ouray area and the bears ears/ glen canyon area of Utah.

Attachments

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello all, my name is Tonja and I’m new to OB.
My hubby and I are working on building up a full time Overlander on an 80 series to travel central and South America in after retirement.
We live in sw Colorado and love to hike and hit the trails in the silverton /ouray area and the bears ears/ glen canyon area of Utah.
Welcome to both! That sounds like a great plan.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Newb here. Thanks for having me....
Welcome to the community! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need anything we have a fairly active community here in Colorado. Season is coming up in a hurry!

Moment4Life

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Cross
Patrick here, hello everyone. New to overlanding, not new to what nature has to offer as I grew up camping and traveling. Building out a 2018 Dodge Ram Rebel which I have put a soft topper and up top rack on, Ikamper 2.0 king size is on the trailer in driveway awaiting install as it is heavy LOL , I have been grabbing gear here and there and often find camp kitchen stuff at estate sales at a reasonable price point. Ikamper bed has been upgraded to king air mattress and few parts that were missing (bought Ikamper used) have been installed. With the busy day to day I cannot wait to get away down a dirt road and enjoy the outdoors with my sidekicks Maggie and Sebastian my 4 legged fur babies, Sharpei lab and chihuahua min pin mix. Thanks everyone

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Patrick here, hello everyone. New to overlanding, not new to what nature has to offer as I grew up camping and traveling. Building out a 2018 Dodge Ram Rebel which I have put a soft topper and up top rack on, Ikamper 2.0 king size is on the trailer in driveway awaiting install as it is heavy LOL , I have been grabbing gear here and there and often find camp kitchen stuff at estate sales at a reasonable price point. Ikamper bed has been upgraded to king air mattress and few parts that were missing (bought Ikamper used) have been installed. With the busy day to day I cannot wait to get away down a dirt road and enjoy the outdoors with my sidekicks Maggie and Sebastian my 4 legged fur babies, Sharpei lab and chihuahua min pin mix. Thanks everyone
Welcome to the community! You cant talk about puppers with out showing us pics! Also need to see how you're outfitting that rebel! Hopefully this will be a good busy season and we can meet up out on trail !

Reactions: zgfiredude

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome to you too, Patrick!

Enthusiast III

Great looking Ram!

Does Anyone have any recommendations for a beginner winter camp spot, 1 to 2 hours outside the Denver metro area?

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ

Eily

Rank IV

Contributor III

Westminster, CO, USA
First Name
Eileen
Last Name
Manzer
Member #

Good day,

Signing in to say hello to the Rocky Mountain group. We have been in Denver area for 20 years, have been on many trails here, have played in Moab, have completed the COBCDR, and have linked many of the Colorado trails together to create our own "overlanding route" in order to explore the surrounding mountains of Colorado.
. 20160710_095301.jpg20160709_122433.jpg20160710_144507.jpg20180508_155707.jpgIMG_1679.JPG20200719_185732.jpg20221003_113552.jpg20220927_132836.jpg20221003_114754.jpg

My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to complete the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route in July. Hoping to find others who might be interested in joining us. It is a 1250-mile trip through Idaho and we are planning to take about 3 weeks.

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Good day,

Signing in to say hello to the Rocky Mountain group. We have been in Denver area for 20 years, have been on many trails here, have played in Moab, have completed the COBCDR, and have linked many of the Colorado trails together to create our own "overlanding route" in order to explore the surrounding mountains of Colorado.
. View attachment 251301View attachment 251302View attachment 251303View attachment 251304View attachment 251305View attachment 251307View attachment 251309View attachment 251308View attachment 251310

My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to complete the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route in July. Hoping to find others who might be interested in joining us. It is a 1250-mile trip through Idaho and we are planning to take about 3 weeks.
Welcome, Eily! Sounds like you guys are planning an epic trip for this summer, make sure to create a Rally Point if you can to allow others to easily join your trip!

Reactions: Boort and Eily