US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I recently moved from Oregon to Colorado with my dog along with my overlanding Subaru Outback. I currently reside in Golden so I can be closer to my family. Almost twenty years ago, I resided in Boulder. Next month, I will be attending Overland Expo Mtn West.
welcome, Betsy! I live in Arvada so not far from you. Sweet setup! Also, great is a great location.

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter
Good morning OB CO! I’m new to the group, and overland bound. I was told about it last weekend at the overland expo. Previously had no idea it existed! Anyway, my name is Joe, I live in Littleton, and I’m relatively new to overlanding, though I’ve been camping my whole life. I’m excited to explore this new world beyond the expo, and get out there with y’all! My current rig is a 2014 Jeep Compass. Mostly stock, but I’m planning on changing out to a Toyota, possibly this weekend. I’ll be building up my rig from scratch, so I’ll be coming here for advice, and tips! Haha. Excited to be here! Happy Friday!

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Good morning OB CO! I’m new to the group, and overland bound. I was told about it last weekend at the overland expo. Previously had no idea it existed! Anyway, my name is Joe, I live in Littleton, and I’m relatively new to overlanding, though I’ve been camping my whole life. I’m excited to explore this new world beyond the expo, and get out there with y’all! My current rig is a 2014 Jeep Compass. Mostly stock, but I’m planning on changing out to a Toyota, possibly this weekend. I’ll be building up my rig from scratch, so I’ll be coming here for advice, and tips! Haha. Excited to be here! Happy Friday!
Welcome, Joe! Glad you found out about this amazing community.

A new Toyota this weekend sounds really exciting! Which model are you looking at?

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter

A new Toyota this weekend sounds really exciting! Which model are you looking at?
i have my eye in a RAV4. It’s going to be my daily driver, so I don’t want to sacrifice my MPG while also having a capable rig to get me where I need/want to go. I’ve seen some impressive builds on the RAV4, so im confident I’ll be able to make it my own.

Macetrek

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
JD
Last Name
Mejstrik
Member #

Welcome!!! I’m totally bummed I couldn’t make it to the EXPO, but maybe welcome to team Toyota! What are you looking at?

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

i have my eye in a RAV4. It’s going to be my daily driver, so I don’t want to sacrifice my MPG while also having a capable rig to get me where I need/want to go. I’ve seen some impressive builds on the RAV4, so im confident I’ll be able to make it my own.
I hear you! MPGs on the current gen of Tacomas / 4Runnera is pretty bad for todays standards… if you can wait maybe take a look at the new gen that should be presented hopefully next year!

RAV4 is very nice too

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter
The expo was awesome! I learned a lot, and had a blast chatting up all the vendors. I’m looking at getting into a RAV4. It will be my daily driver, so I’m going to build it up, but within reason (I still need it to fit in a parking garage, haha), and I don’t want to sacrifice my MPG. My uncle actually said he has a flat bed trailer he’ll sell me for $50 that I can build up into an overland trailer. So I’m excited at that prospect too, just need to make sure whatever I get can tow! Haha

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter

I hear you! MPGs on the current gen of Tacomas / 4Runnera is pretty bad for todays standards… if you can wait maybe take a look at the new gen that should be presented hopefully next year!

RAV4 is very nice too
My little Compass is tapping on death’s doorstep, so I’m not sure I can wait too long, but I’ll look into it, and see how long Toyota is planning to make us wait for the new releases, and what their projected specs are. I’d love to get a Tacoma, but yeah, their MPG is pretty brutal…

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Welcome to the community Joe! Praise be another convert !!! Lol. You're going to love the rav 4, we just bought my wife a hybrid and she absolutely loves it. We'll have to get you out with us some time soon!. When you get to building her up feel free to reach out, I'm always up for a weekend wrenching on rigs!

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter
Welcome to the community Joe! Praise be another convert !!! Lol. You're going to love the rav 4, we just bought my wife a hybrid and she absolutely loves it. We'll have to get you out with us some time soon!. When you get to building her up feel free to reach out, I'm always up for a weekend wrenching on rigs!
Hello! I’m definitely excited about getting into a Toyota. They’re such great vehicles. Abba they last forever! Haha. I’m down to meet up, for sure!

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Welcome Joe. Where you able to go to the Meet up at expo as well? Have you been set up on telegram for local Colorado stuff yet? Lots of Toyota guys so they can help out a bunch for sure…Carlo trail_runn4r should be able to get you set up on telegram

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter
Welcome Joe. Where you able to go to the Meet up at expo as well? Have you been set up on telegram for local Colorado stuff yet? Lots of Toyota guys so they can help out a bunch for sure…Carlo trail_runn4r should be able to get you set up on telegram
Hello! I wasn’t aware there was a meet up at the expo! I would’ve gone, for sure. I’ll be there next year too. I’m not on telegram yet, no. What is that?

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Good morning OB CO! I’m new to the group, and overland bound. I was told about it last weekend at the overland expo. Previously had no idea it existed! Anyway, my name is Joe, I live in Littleton, and I’m relatively new to overlanding, though I’ve been
camping my whole life. I’m excited to explore this new world beyond the expo, and get out there with y’all! My current rig is a 2014 Jeep Compass. Mostly stock, but I’m planning on changing out to a Toyota, possibly this weekend. I’ll be building up my rig from scratch, so I’ll be coming here for advice, and tips! Haha. Excited to be here! Happy Friday!
Hello! I wasn’t aware there was a meet up at the expo! I would’ve gone, for sure. I’ll be there next year too. I’m not on telegram yet, no. What is that?
Send a direct message to trail_runn4r here on OB. He will send you an invite. Most of the Colorado front range members communicate thru telegram. It’s pretty active.

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter
Good morning OB CO! I’m new to the group, and overland bound. I was told about it last weekend at the overland expo. Previously had no idea it existed! Anyway, my name is Joe, I live in Littleton, and I’m relatively new to overlanding, though I’ve been
camping my whole life. I’m excited to explore this new world beyond the expo, and get out there with y’all! My current rig is a 2014 Jeep Compass. Mostly stock, but I’m planning on changing out to a Toyota, possibly this weekend. I’ll be building up my rig from scratch, so I’ll be coming here for advice, and tips! Haha. Excited to be here! Happy Friday!
Send a direct message to trail_runn4r here on OB. He will send you an invite. Most of the Colorado front range members communicate thru telegram. It’s pretty active.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: MSD

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
I’m sure Golden even looks different now vs 20years ago!
Softroad Nation does meet ups/trails and 90% of them have off-road Subaru set ups.
Welcome back.
Thank you. I have done a few softroading day trips with some Subaru groups since I moved back in mid-May. The Front Range has changed a bit in the last 20 years...especially Boulder.