Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi - new member - located in Westlake Village, in LA County, CA. Been camping for years with a teardrop with my 10 year old son up and down the coast of CA and interested now in exploring overlanding more closely. Novice level at best I would say.

Current truck is a 2016 Landrover LR4 which I am just getting ready for some adventures. Looking forward to meeting some new people and having some new experiences !
Greetings James, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello
I have been an explorer at heart and there is nothing more exciting than loading my vehicle up with gear and hitting a trail. I currently drive a 2016 jeep jku and i am slowly making my vehicle an overland vehicle.
I live in Western NY and It would not be uncommon for us to have horrible driving conditions in the winter. My vehicle is very capable in the winter but my goal is to make it very capable for all environments.
Greetings Jamie, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New guy here from Reno/Tahoe. Overlanding rig is a ‘23 RAM 4x4 diesel, decked out for camping, kayaking and fishing. Got the basics covered for shelter, power, air and water. Always take my two black labs with me so I invented a dog car seat and launched a new company. Currently at the PNW Overland Expo to showcase the product and probably buy a bunch of stuff I didn’t even know I needed… lol, that’s half the fun of overlanding!
Greetings Alex, welcome to Overland Bound!

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank IX
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi I’m Jeff from Alberta Canada. I’m driving a 2012 Ford F150. Still a stock truck but I’m getting into some nice areas.
Going to need help upgrading my ride, so great to be here.
Hi Jeff. Welcome to OB. You will receive more than help from this amazing group.

Greetings from Riyadh

Dimitri

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi I’m Jeff from Alberta Canada. I’m driving a 2012 Ford F150. Still a stock truck but I’m getting into some nice areas.
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Here you will find plenty of information around overlanding and members who are happe to help you if you have any question regarding outfitting your rig and explore the beautoful outdoors.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Jeff
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone!

My name is Josh.

Rig: I have a completely stock 2019 Cherokee KL Trailhawk.

Overlanding Experience: None at all! But I’ve got loads of tent camping and backpacking experience.
I’m looking forward to learning about overlanding and modifying my Jeep!
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Josh.

Rig: I have a completely stock 2019 Cherokee KL Trailhawk.

Overlanding Experience: None at all! But I’ve got loads of tent camping and backpacking experience.
I’m looking forward to learning about overlanding and modifying my Jeep!
Hallo josh
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I'm Joe, I have a bunch of friends that are terrible influences, and spending habits of college strippers. But hey, lame friends don't go with you into unknown places in their cars.
Hi Joe and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings, my name is sakaria Nekwaya from Namibia , thank you for having me here, if you are planning your trip in Namibia please share your experience,it will be helpful
Hi Sakaria,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

The Southern African Region is a great region for overlanding adventures. I was in Namibia about 15 years ago and it was a great trip. The country is said to have changed a lot in recent years?

Get in touch with our OB Africa Ambassador Christoff @Get Out GO. He has a vast experience in overlanding in that area and is always happy to help.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern