Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
1) View attachment 271145
2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
4) Hi all! I have zero overlanding/off road experience, but I'm hoping I can find some mild trails near me where I can exploit the Quattro system without risking it too much!
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
4) Hi all! I have zero overlanding/off road experience, but I'm hoping I can find some mild trails near me where I can exploit the Quattro system without risking it too much!
Hello Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound.

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Hey Kevin, welcome to OB! Ask plenty of questions, there's a lot of information here.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Novice overlander here. Central Arkansas.
2018 Toyota 4Runner Sr5. Nothing to crazy yet.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Chris Starling

Rank V

Contributor III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Starling
Member #

Hey everyone, I guess it’s my turn now.

My name is Chris Starling and I’m from upstate South Carolina. My rig is 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU on 35’s, as well as 1995 Wrangler YJ on 33’s. Both have been great, but as the family grew our need for the bigger JKU has too. We love camping and I’m trying to grow a love for it in our kids too, which so far has been easy. Being able to do it in a comfortable ride and teaching them to be more self reliant is just a plus. I’ve been into off-roading and camping since before I could drive and being able to combine them is great! I’m looking forward to using the map/app for advice, as well as all of y’alls brains too!
271288-7224a6e74a16d13c0fdb1a82f616be6f.jpg

Attachments

Tribe-16

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scherer
New to the board! Been camping and wheeling for 20 years, fairly new to the overloading. Mostly truck camp out of our tow rig, 2001 Ford F250 7.3L. We have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler and a 1969 Jeepster Commando. Our truck is outfitted with a 23 Zero RTT, 23 Zero 270 awning, shower setup with hot water, 20 gallon tank, solar, inverter, and rear seat delete.

Attachments

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

New to the board! Been camping and wheeling for 20 years, fairly new to the overloading. Mostly truck camp out of our tow rig, 2001 Ford F250 7.3L. We have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler and a 1969 Jeepster Commando. Our truck is outfitted with a 23 Zero RTT, 23 Zero 270 awning, shower setup with hot water, 20 gallon tank, solar, inverter, and rear seat delete.
Nice setup, welcome to OB from us in France
Cheers Paul and Nicky

TTFR

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Murphy
New to the board, for the most part, new to off roading. Did a light build on a 97' Cherokee a decade ago, which was replaced with a 2002 Nissan Xterra SC 4x4, that was lightly offroaded.

Just added my 2012 Audi Q7 Diesel build to the rig build page. It's going up 3", on 33's.

When we finish that, we'll be working on lifting our Ford Lightning EV, and figuring out some powering solutions for it, to make it a home away from home, likely with a built up trailer, extra battery pack, and mobile panel system.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

My name is Chris Starling and I’m from upstate South Carolina. My rig is 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU on 35’s, as well as 1995 Wrangler YJ on 33’s. Both have been great, but as the family grew our need for the bigger JKU has too. We love camping and I’m trying to grow a love for it in our kids too, which so far has been easy. Being able to do it in a comfortable ride and teaching them to be more self reliant is just a plus. I’ve been into off-roading and camping since before I could drive and being able to combine them is great! I’m looking forward to using the map/app for advice, as well as all of y’alls brains too!
View attachment 271271
Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Adam, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New to the board, for the most part, new to off roading. Did a light build on a 97' Cherokee a decade ago, which was replaced with a 2002 Nissan Xterra SC 4x4, that was lightly offroaded.

Just added my 2012 Audi Q7 Diesel build to the rig build page. It's going up 3", on 33's.

When we finish that, we'll be working on lifting our Ford Lightning EV, and figuring out some powering solutions for it, to make it a home away from home, likely with a built up trailer, extra battery pack, and mobile panel system.
Hello Shawn, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 271271
Hi Chris,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice Jeep.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern