First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, thanks for the add....
My name is Tim and I live in Central Jersey.
I am driving a Toyota Tacoma TRD.
I'm fairly new to overlanding this year but have been off roading for a few.
I'm looking forward to multi day trips and discovering new adventures.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone. Im Josh. I live full time in an RV. I had the big house and the fancy paycheck job but left it all behind to pursue adventure. Sold my 2017 Tacoma for a 2020 RAM Power wagon as the little Tacoma was not capable of towing much. Bought a 2022 Nash 29s travel trailer from Northwood. Been living and traveling this way a couple of years now. Been coast to coast but spend most of my time in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Recently started a YouTube channel " http://www.youtube.com/@MountainManOverland " Not much there yet, but Im working on that. Im on this site to learn from others and inform as I can. Hope to see you out on the trail!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New member here. Located here in North County San Diego. Been camping a lot in a motorhome and camper on an our dually. Just picked up a 1997 LX450 with factory lockers, to do some more remote overlanding and camping.

Other than baseline maintenance and repairs; Going to add front and rear bumpers, touch screen stereo, winch, roof rack, Dobinsons lift with 35’s, and looking forward to exploring outfitting with gear to camp with.

Excited to start a build and looking to get involved in some events.

Eventually would like to do some longer trips, multi state or even Mexico to Canada style.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey y'all, I'm Todd and my wife, Christina, are hooked on both fish and adventure! From our basecamp near Ute Lake, NM, we're casting lines and exploring trails in our trusty Ram 2500. While we love this beast, we're eyeing an SUV for comfy long hauls to hidden gems, epic catches, and cozy fireside nights. We're not newbies to the off-road scene, but the camaraderie of shared journeys is as exciting as a secret trout hole. So, whether you're seasoned veterans towing tiny adventurers or new to the overland life with your own rambunctious crew, cast a line of friendship our way! We're ready to swap rigs-to-rocking-kiddos tips, explore hidden gems, and share the magic of family adventures on the road. Let's hook up and reel in some unforgettable memories, together!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I’m new to the Overlanding scene
Wife and I are looking to find a novice- intermediate trails near Southern California any tips would be appreciated.
Rig is a 2019 FWC on a 2019 Tacoma set up to be sufficient for a weekend.
Looking for water / ocean / mountain/ creek/ and Valley views. Much appreciated for the community

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Merry Christmas Eve, all -- Hope you are enjoying the holiday with those you love.

John reporting aboard/checking in.

Retired Marine/DoN civilian. Been hiking and camping since I was little. I was born and raised in Northern New England (Northern NH and mid-coastal Maine). Joined the Big Green Rod and Gun Club (USMC) and was a professional camper for most of my adult life. So I'm not new to camping or off roading (I've off-roaded in some exotic places ... ;) ) ... or Exploring the unbeaten path. And until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know it was called "Overlanding" or that there were web sites .... or that it was this organized ... Well ... I got here as quick as I could! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Before I retired, I got a 2014 Ford/Quigley E-350. I've been having a lot of fun with it for about 7 years now. Recently added an Aluminess roof rack and Fiamma awning. Any users here who attended the '21 Quigley weekend at Burning Rock will remember me as "Church Bus" :) Looking forward to meeting up with any Northern VA/Western Shore of MD folks for whatever.

Love my Quigley and am still configuring it. It has to work as well as play so I can't completely configure it full time for off-roading/overlanding. Its pretty spartan and plain. It has to be rapidly reconfigurable between hauling stuff and setting up for fun. It also hauls my '49 Chevy 1-ton to events that I participate in.

Glad to be here!

John

Dead_Raven

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Dayton, Texas, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Averett
Member #

New member as of last night

Rig: 2001 XJ 2WD

I've watched a bunch of overlanders on YouTube and follow them as well for ideas on builds. I've done camping a good part of my life so I'm very familiar with it. Granted added a vehicle to travel to remote places is a bit different. But it's still an adventure I look forward to. As of now, my rig is bone stock. I only acquired it about 3 months ago. So, for the time, I've been doing minor repairs as it was in pretty good shape from the start. I do have a general direction to go with just have a lot of work and money ahead. I do plan on doing the 4x4 conversion. This was just a deal I couldn't pass up for the condition and price. Definitely would enjoy swapping ideas in the future or even pointers. Thanks in advance glad to be here.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

I've watched a bunch of overlanders on YouTube and follow them as well for ideas on builds. I've done camping a good part of my life so I'm very familiar with it. Granted added a vehicle to travel to remote places is a bit different. But it's still an adventure I look forward to. As of now, my rig is bone stock. I only acquired it about 3 months ago. So, for the time, I've been doing minor repairs as it was in pretty good shape from the start. I do have a general direction to go with just have a lot of work and money ahead. I do plan on doing the 4x4 conversion. This was just a deal I couldn't pass up for the condition and price. Definitely would enjoy swapping ideas in the future or even pointers. Thanks in advance glad to be here.
Hello Jeremy (@Dead_Raven ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Jeremy and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Jeremy
Welcome to OBO
You seams to be very much alive and kicking
Compared with raven (:
Nice rig base you got there
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Good luck with the conversion, I know the TJ Rubicon drive trail works well with your rig.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound.

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Welcome to the OB family from us in France
Paul and Nicky

Endre_57522

Rank I

Contributor II

First Name
Endre
Last Name
Palik
Member #

Hi All,

I'm Andrew from Hungary. Travelling around the world since 2017. I'm going to start my new adventure on 20thFebruary from Halifax....Alaska...Ushuaia.

Rig: Mercedes UNIMOG 4023 self built

Born in Budapest but living all around the world :)

Thanks to be here!

Andrew

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi All,

I'm Andrew from Hungary. Travelling around the world since 2017. I'm going to start my new adventure on 20thFebruary from Halifax....Alaska...Ushuaia.

Rig: Mercedes UNIMOG 4023 self built

Born in Budapest but living all around the world :)

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
WOW
Hallo Andrew
Welcome to OBO
Have great fun on your upcoming trip
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all, thanks for the add....
My name is Tim and I live in Central Jersey.
I am driving a Toyota Tacoma TRD.
I'm fairly new to overlanding this year but have been off roading for a few.
I'm looking forward to multi day trips and discovering new adventures.
Greetings Tim, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone. Im Josh. I live full time in an RV. I had the big house and the fancy paycheck job but left it all behind to pursue adventure. Sold my 2017 Tacoma for a 2020 RAM Power wagon as the little Tacoma was not capable of towing much. Bought a 2022 Nash 29s travel trailer from Northwood. Been living and traveling this way a couple of years now. Been coast to coast but spend most of my time in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Recently started a YouTube channel " http://www.youtube.com/@MountainManOverland " Not much there yet, but Im working on that. Im on this site to learn from others and inform as I can. Hope to see you out on the trail!
Greetings Josh, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New member here. Located here in North County San Diego. Been camping a lot in a motorhome and camper on an our dually. Just picked up a 1997 LX450 with factory lockers, to do some more remote overlanding and camping.

Other than baseline maintenance and repairs; Going to add front and rear bumpers, touch screen stereo, winch, roof rack, Dobinsons lift with 35’s, and looking forward to exploring outfitting with gear to camp with.

Excited to start a build and looking to get involved in some events.

Eventually would like to do some longer trips, multi state or even Mexico to Canada style.
Greetings Sunny, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey y'all, I'm Todd and my wife, Christina, are hooked on both fish and adventure! From our basecamp near Ute Lake, NM, we're casting lines and exploring trails in our trusty Ram 2500. While we love this beast, we're eyeing an SUV for comfy long hauls to hidden gems, epic catches, and cozy fireside nights. We're not newbies to the off-road scene, but the camaraderie of shared journeys is as exciting as a secret trout hole. So, whether you're seasoned veterans towing tiny adventurers or new to the overland life with your own rambunctious crew, cast a line of friendship our way! We're ready to swap rigs-to-rocking-kiddos tips, explore hidden gems, and share the magic of family adventures on the road. Let's hook up and reel in some unforgettable memories, together!
Greetings Christina & Todd, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I’m new to the Overlanding scene
Wife and I are looking to find a novice- intermediate trails near Southern California any tips would be appreciated.
Rig is a 2019 FWC on a 2019 Tacoma set up to be sufficient for a weekend.
Looking for water / ocean / mountain/ creek/ and Valley views. Much appreciated for the community
Greetings Marauder, welcome to Overland Bound!