First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all, thanks for the add....
My name is Tim and I live in Central Jersey.
I am driving a Toyota Tacoma TRD.
I'm fairly new to overlanding this year but have been off roading for a few.
I'm looking forward to multi day trips and discovering new adventures.
Hi Tim,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello all, thanks for the add....
My name is Tim and I live in Central Jersey.
I am driving a Toyota Tacoma TRD.
I'm fairly new to overlanding this year but have been off roading for a few.
I'm looking forward to multi day trips and discovering new adventures.
Hallo Timothy
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Contributor III

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Keyser
Hello everyone. Im Josh. I live full time in an RV. I had the big house and the fancy paycheck job but left it all behind to pursue adventure. Sold my 2017 Tacoma for a 2020 RAM Power wagon as the little Tacoma was not capable of towing much. Bought a 2022 Nash 29s travel trailer from Northwood. Been living and traveling this way a couple of years now. Been coast to coast but spend most of my time in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Recently started a YouTube channel " http://www.youtube.com/@MountainManOverland " Not much there yet, but Im working on that. Im on this site to learn from others and inform as I can. Hope to see you out on the trail!

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello everyone. Im Josh. I live full time in an RV. I had the big house and the fancy paycheck job but left it all behind to pursue adventure. Sold my 2017 Tacoma for a 2020 RAM Power wagon as the little Tacoma was not capable of towing much. Bought a 2022 Nash 29s travel trailer from Northwood. Been living and traveling this way a couple of years now. Been coast to coast but spend most of my time in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Recently started a YouTube channel " http://www.youtube.com/@MountainManOverland " Not much there yet, but Im working on that. Im on this site to learn from others and inform as I can. Hope to see you out on the trail!
Hi Josh,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound.

SunnyPinhero

Rank II

Contributor III

Fallbrook, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Sunny
Last Name
Pinhero
Member #

New member here. Located here in North County San Diego. Been camping a lot in a motorhome and camper on an our dually. Just picked up a 1997 LX450 with factory lockers, to do some more remote overlanding and camping.

Other than baseline maintenance and repairs; Going to add front and rear bumpers, touch screen stereo, winch, roof rack, Dobinsons lift with 35’s, and looking forward to exploring outfitting with gear to camp with.

Excited to start a build and looking to get involved in some events.

Eventually would like to do some longer trips, multi state or even Mexico to Canada style.

Attachments

Theo3t

Rank I

Contributor II

Logan, Quay County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Threet
Service Branch
Army
Hey y'all, I'm Todd and my wife, Christina, are hooked on both fish and adventure! From our basecamp near Ute Lake, NM, we're casting lines and exploring trails in our trusty Ram 2500. While we love this beast, we're eyeing an SUV for comfy long hauls to hidden gems, epic catches, and cozy fireside nights. We're not newbies to the off-road scene, but the camaraderie of shared journeys is as exciting as a secret trout hole. So, whether you're seasoned veterans towing tiny adventurers or new to the overland life with your own rambunctious crew, cast a line of friendship our way! We're ready to swap rigs-to-rocking-kiddos tips, explore hidden gems, and share the magic of family adventures on the road. Let's hook up and reel in some unforgettable memories, together!

Contributor III

Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Marauder
Last Name
Convoy
I’m new to the Overlanding scene
Wife and I are looking to find a novice- intermediate trails near Southern California any tips would be appreciated.
Rig is a 2019 FWC on a 2019 Tacoma set up to be sufficient for a weekend.
Looking for water / ocean / mountain/ creek/ and Valley views. Much appreciated for the community

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New member here. Located here in North County San Diego. Been camping a lot in a motorhome and camper on an our dually. Just picked up a 1997 LX450 with factory lockers, to do some more remote overlanding and camping.

Other than baseline maintenance and repairs; Going to add front and rear bumpers, touch screen stereo, winch, roof rack, Dobinsons lift with 35’s, and looking forward to exploring outfitting with gear to camp with.

Eventually would like to do some longer trips, multi state or even Mexico to Canada style.
Hello Sunny, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey y'all, I'm Todd and my wife, Christina, are hooked on both fish and adventure! From our basecamp near Ute Lake, NM, we're casting lines and exploring trails in our trusty Ram 2500. While we love this beast, we're eyeing an SUV for comfy long hauls to hidden gems, epic catches, and cozy fireside nights. We're not newbies to the off-road scene, but the camaraderie of shared journeys is as exciting as a secret trout hole. So, whether you're seasoned veterans towing tiny adventurers or new to the overland life with your own rambunctious crew, cast a line of friendship our way! We're ready to swap rigs-to-rocking-kiddos tips, explore hidden gems, and share the magic of family adventures on the road. Let's hook up and reel in some unforgettable memories, together!
Hello Todd and Christina, welcome to Overland Bound.
Blessings for your service, I also appreciate it tremendously.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Wife and I are looking to find a novice- intermediate trails near Southern California any tips would be appreciated.
Looking for water / ocean / mountain/ creek/ and Valley views. Much appreciated for the community
Hello, welcome to Overland Bound.

Stovebolt

Rank I

Enthusiast I

So. MD
First Name
John
Last Name
Milliman
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Merry Christmas Eve, all -- Hope you are enjoying the holiday with those you love.

John reporting aboard/checking in.

Retired Marine/DoN civilian. Been hiking and camping since I was little. I was born and raised in Northern New England (Northern NH and mid-coastal Maine). Joined the Big Green Rod and Gun Club (USMC) and was a professional camper for most of my adult life. So I'm not new to camping or off roading (I've off-roaded in some exotic places ... ;) ) ... or Exploring the unbeaten path. And until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know it was called "Overlanding" or that there were web sites .... or that it was this organized ... Well ... I got here as quick as I could! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Before I retired, I got a 2014 Ford/Quigley E-350. I've been having a lot of fun with it for about 7 years now. Recently added an Aluminess roof rack and Fiamma awning. Any users here who attended the '21 Quigley weekend at Burning Rock will remember me as "Church Bus" :) Looking forward to meeting up with any Northern VA/Western Shore of MD folks for whatever.

Love my Quigley and am still configuring it. It has to work as well as play so I can't completely configure it full time for off-roading/overlanding. Its pretty spartan and plain. It has to be rapidly reconfigurable between hauling stuff and setting up for fun. It also hauls my '49 Chevy 1-ton to events that I participate in.

Glad to be here!

John

Attachments

TSO_NJ

Rank V

Explorer I

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

Merry Christmas Eve, all -- Hope you are enjoying the holiday with those you love.

Retired Marine/DoN civilian. Been hiking and camping since I was little. I was born and raised in Northern New England (Northern NH and mid-coastal Maine). Joined the Big Green Rod and Gun Club (USMC) and was a professional camper for most of my adult life. So I'm not new to camping or off roading (I've off-roaded in some exotic places ... ;) ) ... or Exploring the unbeaten path. And until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know it was called "Overlanding" or that there were web sites .... or that it was this organized ... Well ... I got here as quick as I could! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Before I retired, I got a 2014 Ford/Quigley E-350. I've been having a lot of fun with it for about 7 years now. Recently added an Aluminess roof rack and Fiamma awning. Any users here who attended the '21 Quigley weekend at Burning Rock will remember me as "Church Bus" :) Looking forward to meeting up with any Northern VA/Western Shore of MD folks for whatever.

Love my Quigley and am still configuring it. It has to work as well as play so I can't completely configure it full time for off-roading/overlanding. Its pretty spartan and plain. It has to be rapidly reconfigurable between hauling stuff and setting up for fun. It also hauls my '49 Chevy 1-ton to events that I participate in.

Glad to be here!

John
Welcome John! Greetings from the New Jersey Coastal Plain. BTW: our son also served in the USMC 2013 to 2017. Finished his IRR this past November (2 year extension). Glad to read about your past outdoor knowledge and experience. Wishing you a Merry Christmas too!

Last edited:

Adam_32194

Rank IV

Steward I

Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Awesome rig. Also check out IH8MUD website for detailed maintenance instructions. That’s a great vehicle!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Glad to be here!

John
Hallo John
Welcome to OBO
Merry Christmas from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Marauder
Welcome to OBO
Merry Christmas from
Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Todd
Welcome to OBO
And Merry Christmas from
Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Sunny
Welcome to OBO
And merry Christmas from
Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hello and welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice LX450. Enjoy your trips with the rig.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern