Rank VI

Advocate I

Folsom, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Anne
Last Name
Duffield
Member #

Maybe I should have posted here instead of a new thread lol! We're new. We'll be a 2 Ford Maverick FX4 family allowing us some limited opportunities at overlanding. Our son suggested it and, if your 17yo child wants to find more ways to spend time together, you are wise to find a way to make it happen. We don't have unrealistic expectations but with my physical limitations we shouldn't do anything crazy anyway! Looking forward to learning while we wait for my Maverick and see what we can do with my son's.
Welcome. Enjoy the ride!

EStokes

Rank VI

Pioneer I

Angel Fire, Colfax County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Maybe I should have posted here instead of a new thread lol! We're new. We'll be a 2 Ford Maverick FX4 family allowing us some limited opportunities at overlanding. Our son suggested it and, if your 17yo child wants to find more ways to spend time together, you are wise to find a way to make it happen. We don't have unrealistic expectations but with my physical limitations we shouldn't do anything crazy anyway! Looking forward to learning while we wait for my Maverick and see what we can do with my son's.
For those of us that have sons or daughters whom want to spend time outdoors with us at the ages where they could choose otherwise, means we did something right. Congrats!

EStokes

Rank VI

Pioneer I

First Name
Erich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2017 Tundra TRD CM
Other Vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I've always been an outdoor type of person and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. I hunt, fish and travel a lot for work. Overlanding is a great way to combine all those experiences!
I’ve used a Starlink some to get away even more on days where I have a light work schedule and can do it remotely.

lennyg3

Rank I

Contributor III

Northeast Pennsylvania
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Sklaney
Morning all,

New to the site, and relatively new to overlanding in any formal setting. Before kids, I spent many nights using the back seat of the truck as my "tent" when on fishing trips in remote areas, but kids and a wife necessitate me being more "civilized". I do have to admit, the RTT is much more comfortable than the back of the truck. haha. Family of 4 plus bubba our beagle. We love any and all things outdoors.. camping, hiking, fishing, riding, etc.... Good to be here. Thanks all

1) Picture... check
2) Location- Northeast Pennsylvania
3) Rig- 2017 CC Lariat EB F-150 as the overland rig, but the 4 wheelers and SxS see some duty locally for gound camping.
4) Overlanding Experience Background- Novice in a formal setting, but been camping/hiking/outdoors since i was a little kid,

Attachments

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol
Welcome to OB!

Tim

EStokes

Rank VI

Pioneer I

First Name
Erich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Morning all,

New to the site, and relatively new to overlanding in any formal setting. Before kids, I spent many nights using the back seat of the truck as my "tent" when on fishing trips in remote areas, but kids and a wife necessitate me being more "civilized". I do have to admit, the RTT is much more comfortable than the back of the truck. haha. Family of 4 plus bubba our beagle. We love any and all things outdoors.. camping, hiking, fishing, riding, etc.... Good to be here. Thanks all

1) Picture... check
3) Rig- 2017 CC Lariat EB F-150 as the overland rig, but the 4 wheelers and SxS see some duty locally for gound camping.
4) Overlanding Experience Background- Novice in a formal setting, but been camping/hiking/outdoors since i was a little kid,
Welcome, enjoying the outdoors is key. Overlanding comes in many different forms.

EStokes

Rank VI

Pioneer I

First Name
Erich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

We are Lee & Laura and we love exploring in our 1998 Defender.

So far we have explored our own country and a 3 week trip to Morocco. This year we will explore the Alps on the way to Italy as well as Corsica and then the Spanish Pyrenees later in there year.

To see more of us here is out youtube UCx1EupKbIIHh69A8PbhMX3w and insta 110_adventures

View attachment 255472
View attachment 255473

View attachment 255471
Welcome, Nice classic rig.

EStokes

Rank VI

Pioneer I

First Name
Erich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Whats going on name jon have a 2013 ram 1500 outdoorsman package truck looking forward to meeting new people and others builds. currently stationed in new jersey but ill be on the east coast of north carolina.
Welcome to a world wide and yet also a local community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Morning all,

1) Picture... check
Hello Lenny, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Morning all,

1) Picture... check
Hallo Lenny
Thats way we call a fisch
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

MGpoolguy82

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Carmichael, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Grenier
Member #

Morning all,

1) Picture... check
That looked like a great day for fishing.
Welcome to OB!. Mike from northern cali.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Morning all,

1) Picture... check
Hi Lenny,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Wow, that is a massive catch.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Gav

Rank VI

Member III

Windsor, Windsor And Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Gavin
Last Name
Blues
Member #

Morning all,

1) Picture... check
Welcome to OB!

Gav

Gav

Rank VI

Member III

Windsor, Windsor And Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Gavin
Last Name
Blues
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

We are Lee & Laura and we love exploring in our 1998 Defender.

So far we have explored our own country and a 3 week trip to Morocco. This year we will explore the Alps on the way to Italy as well as Corsica and then the Spanish Pyrenees later in there year.

To see more of us here is out youtube UCx1EupKbIIHh69A8PbhMX3w and insta 110_adventures

View attachment 255472
View attachment 255473

View attachment 255471
Hi Lee & Laura. Welcome to the group. Great to see another 110. The Pyrenees is awesome and really varied. Morocco is on my bucket list, will check your stuff out

Gav