Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello Everyone,

John here from the San Diego area. My wife and I are in our late 50's and hoping to meet up with like minded adventurers for weekend trips and longer overland trails. We did a lot of car camping, when the kids were young, out of a Jeep Cherokee in the 80's, then later is a F250 full size truck with a slide in camper, then to a Class C RV. Seems we have come full circle lol. Getting out of the campground structure and into the wild is our desire now.

Here is our rig.
2021 Jeep JLU
We are novice Overlanders and good Adventure seekers. :)

View attachment 237199
Hallo John
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

JCross

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Decatur, AL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Cross
Member #

Hello to all my name is John and I live in north Alabama. I have always liked to and wanted to explore and see new places but sometimes life gets in the way. I have reach a point in my life that I can now go. I am planning to overland The Continental Divide Trail across New Mexico or Colorado with a couple of friends in 2025.

1659821258920.png

Bill915

Rank IV

Contributor III

Horizon City, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Barber
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5HGA
My name is William.
View attachment 237044
Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Experience: novice overlander, with experience in camping and offroading.
Hello William (@Bill915 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

There isn't much out your way as far as meet ups go. However, that just means you can start one if you feel so inclined.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Thank you for the welcome and OB information Corey. I look forward to setting up a local meet up in the near future.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello to all my name is John and I live in north Alabama. I have always liked to and wanted to explore and see new places but sometimes life gets in the way. I have reach a point in my life that I can now go. I am planning to overland The Continental Divide Trail across New Mexico or Colorado with a couple of friends in 2025.

View attachment 237230
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

Jess B

Rank I

Contributor III

Canandaigua, NY, USA
First Name
Jess
Last Name
Blanchard
Hey!
The names Jess, I live in Upstate New York I'm 28 years old and I purchased a Frontier this year with the plans of starting to do some overlanding. I just started work as a software engineer and with my new job I have a lot of freedom of movement which brought me here. I haven't made any modifications to my vehicle at this time and my camping experience has been limited to mostly day hikes with some overnight trips. Looking to connect with people nearby who are more experienced and get to know some new people in my area.

TOMICON

Rank IV

Traveler III

Spooner, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Mackey
Member #

Hello everyone, Yup I’m the new guy on here, gotta start somewhere. Please feel free to reach out and say hi to me. I’m looking forward to any meets or adventures. Hope for some good Laughs and new friends along the way.

Location- Spooner, WI

Experience- I have had a few years experience trail riding and camping from living in northern MN and just adventure driving and going off-roading in convoys with groups of friends. I’m definitely a outdoors and adventure enthusiast.

Vehicle- 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Edition
2” Mopar Fox Shocks full suspension lift
Aftermarket front bumper
12,000 Lb smittybuilt winch
Synthetic winch line
Aftermarket light bar
Aftermarket light bar windshield wrap around brackets
Aftermarket ditch lighting
Aftermarket rear bumper on order
Alien gear full sun shade
Aftermarket accessories power switch panel
22x12 -51 wheels
35” pantagonia Mud tires
I know there is more just can’t think, please give me a shout if anyone wants to do a ride. Also I will be headed to Pigeon Forge, TN for the Jeep invasion hope too see you guys down there, also if you have any input for that trip let me know I haven’t been there before. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
Hey!
The names Jess, I live in Upstate New York I'm 28 years old and I purchased a Frontier this year with the plans of starting to do some overlanding. I just started work as a software engineer and with my new job I have a lot of freedom of movement which brought me here. I haven't made any modifications to my vehicle at this time and my camping experience has been limited to mostly day hikes with some overnight trips. Looking to connect with people nearby who are more experienced and get to know some new people in my area.
Jess, welcome to OB. This is a great community and we are glad that you have joined!!
Kindly, Sean

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
Hello everyone, Yup I’m the new guy on here, gotta start somewhere. Please feel free to reach out and say hi to me. I’m looking forward to any meets or adventures. Hope for some good Laughs and new friends along the way.

Location- Spooner, WI

Experience- I have had a few years experience trail riding and camping from living in northern MN and just adventure driving and going off-roading in convoys with groups of friends. I’m definitely a outdoors and adventure enthusiast.

Aftermarket front bumper
Synthetic winch line
Aftermarket light bar
22x12 -51 wheels
35” pantagonia Mud tires
I know there is more just can’t think, please give me a shout if anyone wants to do a ride. Also I will be headed to Pigeon Forge, TN for the Jeep invasion hope too see you guys down there, also if you have any input for that trip let me know I haven’t been there before. Thanks in advance!
Tomicon, welcome to OB. That is an awe looking Gladiator. It is great to have you in the forum.
Kindly, Sean

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Location- Spooner, WI

Aftermarket front bumper
Synthetic winch line
Aftermarket light bar
22x12 -51 wheels
35” pantagonia Mud tires
Hallo Tom
Welcome to OBO
Nice rig buy the way
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey!
Hallo Jess
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

View attachment 237230
Hallo John
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello! Been owner of this 1994 FZJ80 for 15 years. Was our everyday driver for 8 of those. Became the snow and surf wagon. Been bringing her up to snuff with allot of overdue maintenance, body and paint, a 4" lift, 33" tires on stock powder coated rims. Slee short bus front bumper. Still waiting on the rear. I'm an avid mountain biker, love camping, but relatively new to the off road/overland scene. Learning!
Hi Carlos,

Welocme to Overland Bound.

The FZJ80 is a great platform for an overlanding rig. Here in Europe ver rare and hard to find one. Enjoy!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello everyone! I am Eric from Leesburg, Virginia, USA. I am a novice at Overlanding and just getting started. In my youth, I backpacked and camped all the time. My other hobby is motorcycle touring across the US and Canada.

My rig is a 2022 Ford Raptor and starting my journey to figure out how I outfit my rig with a dizzying number of options! :smile: First priority seems like it should be recovery!! I hope to meet-up someday.

View attachment 237151View attachment 237152
Hi Eric,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all, after many many years of dreaming, the wife and I finally took the plunge and bought a cargo trailer toy hauler to convert into our own personal adventure trailer. We've got a bunch of kids so even the relatively tame activity of heading to a campground is an adventure for us.

I'm planning to slowly convert our rig into something we can comfortably boondock with over time.
Hi Tbird,

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Everyone,

John here from the San Diego area. My wife and I are in our late 50's and hoping to meet up with like minded adventurers for weekend trips and longer overland trails. We did a lot of car camping, when the kids were young, out of a Jeep Cherokee in the 80's, then later is a F250 full size truck with a slide in camper, then to a Class C RV. Seems we have come full circle lol. Getting out of the campground structure and into the wild is our desire now.

Here is our rig.
2021 Jeep JLU
We are novice Overlanders and good Adventure seekers. :)

View attachment 237199
Hi John and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 237230
Hi John,

Sounds like a awesome trip you are planning! And wow, that looks like a great rig.

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey!
Hi Jess and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Location- Spooner, WI

Aftermarket front bumper
Synthetic winch line
Aftermarket light bar
22x12 -51 wheels
35” pantagonia Mud tires
Hi Tom,

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y’all I’m Luke

Riverside, CA

2001 Toyota 4Runner (2wd :( )

Experience: Beginner - little to none at all
But looking forward to some trips and meeting some amazing people and having a great time with this community!!
Welcome to Overland Bound Luke
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn