First Name
Jon
Last Name
Lambert
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello,
Jon Lambert here, I'm new to the membership, but not new to the overland concept. I've been following several of the overland channels on youtube for sometime now. Although my wife & I have not done much "overlanding" (not much in the midwest that I'm aware of.) We love camping and exploring whether that be hiking, Mtn biking etc. I've been on a handful of camping trips at a campground with the rig, but I want to get off the beaten path and wake up to some amazing views.

We live in Northern Illinois. I'm hoping to develop some community with-in the forum and get tips on dispersed camping locations

My Rig: Also daily driver - (2016, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Sport, Front Runner rack on a Leer Topper, with an FSR High Country 55 roof top tent.) I love to cook and have built a drawer system and use it for storage and a camp kitchen.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all. I live in Bellevue, NE. Retired from 22 years in the Air Force as Security Forces in Nov 2020 and stayed here working a contractor job on Offutt AFB. I purchased my 2016 Power Wagon July 2021 and have loved it since. I'm just looking around to see what all has been done by other PW owners. She's stock and a pure princess pavement for now, I'll be honest lol. But I want to get her out in the wild soon though. She currently has 61,900 miles on her.
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound. Congratulations on the retirement and thank you for your service!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,
Jon Lambert here, I'm new to the membership, but not new to the overland concept. I've been following several of the overland channels on youtube for sometime now. Although my wife & I have not done much "overlanding" (not much in the midwest that I'm aware of.) We love camping and exploring whether that be hiking, Mtn biking etc. I've been on a handful of camping trips at a campground with the rig, but I want to get off the beaten path and wake up to some amazing views.

We live in Northern Illinois. I'm hoping to develop some community with-in the forum and get tips on dispersed camping locations

My Rig: Also daily driver - (2016, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Sport, Front Runner rack on a Leer Topper, with an FSR High Country 55 roof top tent.) I love to cook and have built a drawer system and use it for storage and a camp kitchen.
Hello Jon, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the group and overlanding. Building out a 2021 Ram PW one step at a time.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
The closes meet-up to you is in El Dorado Hills,
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: JTLambert and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. I live in Bellevue, NE. Retired from 22 years in the Air Force as Security Forces in Nov 2020 and stayed here working a contractor job on Offutt AFB. I purchased my 2016 Power Wagon July 2021 and have loved it since. I'm just looking around to see what all has been done by other PW owners. She's stock and a pure princess pavement for now, I'll be honest lol. But I want to get her out in the wild soon though. She currently has 61,900 miles on her.
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Here is a page for your rig questions;
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,

Hello Jon, welcome to Overland Bound!

MMare

Rank II

Contributor II

Jackson, Cape Girardeau County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Maire
Member #

Hello,

Welcome Joe
New myself to OB.
Thanks for the rig pics!
Love it.
Mik

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Rig: 2021 Tacoma Trd-Off-road (also my daily)
Experience: novice

We are nature lovers and experienced hunters, excited to get into building a rig and having lots of overland adventures as a family!
Hi Danny! My name is Corey im one of the regional reps, the other is Mike @Roots66
What part of Central Texas are you in? Im down near the San Antonio.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

RESOURCE MAP

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

TacoSlangr

Rank III

Pathfinder II

Jarrell, Williamson County, Texas, United States
First Name
Danny & Julie
Last Name
Hubbard
Member #

Hi Corey, we live in Jarrell, near Round Rock. We will definitely be checking out that meetup soon!

Rig: 2021 Tacoma Trd-Off-road (also my daily)
Experience: novice

We are nature lovers and experienced hunters, excited to get into building a rig and having lots of overland adventures as a family!
Hi Danny! My name is Corey im one of the regional reps, the other is Mike @Roots66
What part of Central Texas are you in? Im down near the San Antonio.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

RESOURCE MAP

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

hello everyone! new one here and excited to share ideas and experiences.

Bellow a picture of my rig (JEH Outdoors mobile) 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Carbonpro edition

View attachment 226705
Dam, Dam, Dam... what a sweet looking rig, welcome to the team. With those grab handles - is that a DATINFAB rack on the back? I like those Black Rhino Wheels, did you add any airbag assist like Airlift 5000 in the back or HD Springs?

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

wowf

Rank II

Contributor II

SF
First Name
David
Last Name
Millard
Member #

Hi all!

My name's David. I’m a San Francisco based woodworker who gets outside as much as work and family will allow. I grew up in the north bay and, thanks to my dad, got to explore some roads now long-closed to the public. I wish I could remember more of them!

My husband and I get out about once a month for a three or four day weekend. After retirement in a few years, we hope to spend three months a year exploring our amazing continent, a few miles at a time!

I daily drove my family's '71 Bronco for 35 years or so (when it was running). Did a big restomod on it a few years ago and discovered that, surprise, even with all that work it still drove like an accident aggressively trying to happen at any speed above 50. So we moved on (after a few tears) to the 2017 WK2 in my profile pic. I've installed a winch, some underbody protection and 70 series KO2's, but am trying to do more adventuring than wrenching with her. My current project is a kitchen drawer/sleeping platform that will hopefully make setting up and breaking camp a less-than an hour event.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with other members and getting out on roads less traveled.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound!
Well let me first TIP my cap to you and thank you for your service, I am honored to have the chance to introduce myself (RAM/MOPAR NUT) and say Welcome to the team. Great choice in the Powerwagon, I have been looking into picking up one myself for the simple reason that OEM it comes ready to go. I also like the fact that if I want to go big I can slap a set of 37's on one with no lift modifications. Did you get the option for the dual alternators? I think if I do pick one up I will start with a few power/off the grid upgrades like the dual HD alternators, REDARC dual battery kit, and then move to maxing out the range with an extended tank. I really like what AEV and EXP1 has on the market but again I tend to go overboard from time to time.