Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello all Tommy here,
New this but cant wait to get my feet wet. My rig which will be my daily driver is a 2020 Subaru Ascent. Not looking to bury it but looking to go down the paths of the less traveled. Any ideas on upgrades and places to start would be most appreciated. Thanks
Hallo Tommy
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all Tommy here,
New this but cant wait to get my feet wet. My rig which will be my daily driver is a 2020 Subaru Ascent. Not looking to bury it but looking to go down the paths of the less traveled. Any ideas on upgrades and places to start would be most appreciated. Thanks
Hello Tommy, welcome to Overland Bound. Start from the ground (tires) and move up for your modifications.

ArJayDubbaU

Rank V

Traveler III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome To Overland Bound Reggie
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map on your trip across the country to find other members and events in the areas you are in. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you very much for all the resource guidance!

Tmelton

Rank II

Contributor III

Owings, MD, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Melton
Member #

Hello all Tommy here,
Hello Tommy, welcome to Overland Bound. Start from the ground (tires) and move up for your modifications.
That’s what I was thinking, looking at a set of Continental terraincontact A/Ts. They seem to have some good reviews.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2021 Tacoma Trd-Off-road (also my daily)
Experience: novice

We are nature lovers and experienced hunters, excited to get into building a rig and having lots of overland adventures as a family!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all Tommy here,
Welcome To Overland Bound Tommy
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

Hello all Tommy here,
Hello Tommy. Newbie here too! Also looking forward to getting out this year.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all Tommy here,
Hello Tommy, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

We are nature lovers and experienced hunters, excited to get into building a rig and having lots of overland adventures as a family!
Hello Danny, welcome to Overland Bound!

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

Kansas here.
total noob.
got the outdoor bug recently when we visited the southwest.
headed to Moab the end of this month. Not into crawling, just cool trails and scenic views.
glad to have found this place.
Welcome from GA Ryno! I'm a noob too but that's not gonna stop me from getting out and having a little adventure.

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

Hi! I am Rich from Ravensdale, WA. I am a lifelong outdoor adventurer, but new to the overlanding community. I switched from a full-size GMC to a Wrangler as my primary offroad vehicle a few years ago. After several years of research and planning, I'm in the process of building up my '21 JLU Rubicon for more adventures with my family. I will be doing a mix of my own builds and purchases and will be very interested in OB community feedback and recommendations.

Glad to be a part of the community.
Welcome from GA Rich! You have a great platform to build from. Enjoy the process.

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

Welcome to OB TacoSlangr! I'm new to this too and so looking forward to outdoor adventures.

ryanpaulaf1

Rank I

Contributor III

Bellevue, NE, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Paul
Service Branch
USAF
Hi all. I live in Bellevue, NE. Retired from 22 years in the Air Force as Security Forces in Nov 2020 and stayed here working a contractor job on Offutt AFB. I purchased my 2016 Power Wagon July 2021 and have loved it since. I'm just looking around to see what all has been done by other PW owners. She's stock and a pure princess pavement for now, I'll be honest lol. But I want to get her out in the wild soon though. She currently has 61,900 miles on her.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi all. I live in Bellevue, NE. Retired from 22 years in the Air Force as Security Forces in Nov 2020 and stayed here working a contractor job on Offutt AFB. I purchased my 2016 Power Wagon July 2021 and have loved it since. I'm just looking around to see what all has been done by other PW owners. She's stock and a pure princess pavement for now, I'll be honest lol. But I want to get her out in the wild soon though. She currently has 61,900 miles on her.
Hallo Ryan
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

JTLambert

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Rockford, Winnebago County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Lambert
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello,
Jon Lambert here, I'm new to the membership, but not new to the overland concept. I've been following several of the overland channels on youtube for sometime now. Although my wife & I have not done much "overlanding" (not much in the midwest that I'm aware of.) We love camping and exploring whether that be hiking, Mtn biking etc. I've been on a handful of camping trips at a campground with the rig, but I want to get off the beaten path and wake up to some amazing views.

We live in Northern Illinois. I'm hoping to develop some community with-in the forum and get tips on dispersed camping locations

My Rig: Also daily driver - (2016, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Sport, Front Runner rack on a Leer Topper, with an FSR High Country 55 roof top tent.) I love to cook and have built a drawer system and use it for storage and a camp kitchen.

Attachments