Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone and thanks OB!

Located in western Wyoming.
2021 Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Box
Novice: Looking to build my truck into an overland rig over the next several months.

My wife and I really enjoy being in the mountains (US and especially Canada (impatiently waiting for Covid restrictions to lift)) and we are looking to make the truck into something that can support us off grid. Plans are in place to purchase a Bushveld RTT from OVS, the bed rack is ordered and en route. Will continue to add other items as time allows.

Looking forward to being a part of the OB community. Seems to be great, great people on here.

Thanks again,

Jeff

A pic of my bare pickup (waiting to be upfitted):
View attachment 223627
Hello Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Experience: Novice

My wife and I are planning our maiden voyage to the Ocala national forest in Florida for the first week in May. We are currently in the process of building out our beginner rig and are looking forward to the journeys to come!
Hallo Alec
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello community! My name is Jackson, I’m from SC. 2 years into actual overlanding. I’ve camped and adventured all my life. I downloaded this app about a year ago but I forgot all about it. I followed Venture4WD on YouTube and got some map files from him. Awesome guy if you want to check him out. Very thorough with his videos and map files. But I’m here now and I’m loving all the information I’m seeing. Everyone seems to be very friendly and that’s a refreshing thing when it comes to the interwebs.

I’m running a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost with a custom DIY off-road camping trailer. I know most people would think that’s a bit excessive, especially being just me and my two dogs. But it works for us.

Looking forward to meeting and talking with all of you.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello community! My name is Jackson, I’m from SC. 2 years into actual overlanding. I’ve camped and adventured all my life. I downloaded this app about a year ago but I forgot all about it. I followed Venture4WD on YouTube and got some map files from him. Awesome guy if you want to check him out. Very thorough with his videos and map files. But I’m here now and I’m loving all the information I’m seeing. Everyone seems to be very friendly and that’s a refreshing thing when it comes to the interwebs.

I’m running a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost with a custom DIY off-road camping trailer. I know most people would think that’s a bit excessive, especially being just me and my two dogs. But it works for us.

Hallo Jackson
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Wheel2Live Outdoors

Rank V

Advocate II

De Queen, AR 71832
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Welcome Jackson. Yes, Venture4wd is awesome. I joined OB in late '17 and soon after life got in the way but now that my son is getting older I realize just how much he loves being in nature and naturally this community is a wealth of information.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey folks. Initially thought I could do some good adventuring in a golf wagon tdi but FWD only goes so far. I’m tossing efficiency to the wolves and getting into a higher mile 2013 suburban. Let the games begin!
Hi and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

My wife and I are planning our maiden voyage to the Ocala national forest in Florida for the first week in May. We are currently in the process of building out our beginner rig and are looking forward to the journeys to come!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Jackson and welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Alec
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Jackson, welcome to Overland Bound.

cln8tr

Rank I

Contributor III

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Colin
Last Name
MacRae
Hi all, new-ish to overlanding and hope to find some excellent advice on here!

1) No photos yet ! blank slate so far just ordered a bed rack, we have a Smittybilt XL RTT with Annex that we are going to drop up there
2) Location (General area is fine) - Edmonton Alberta, Canada
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2021 F-150 Powerboost
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Novice haven't done it for years. Used to hit the back country in wall tents for quading trips but its been a while!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

1) No photos yet ! blank slate so far just ordered a bed rack, we have a Smittybilt XL RTT with Annex that we are going to drop up there
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Novice haven't done it for years. Used to hit the back country in wall tents for quading trips but its been a while!
Hallo colin
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Colin, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition tiers Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound Jackson.
Because you downloaded the app a year ago, Please Make sure it is the most recent release.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. A great local resource is @NC-Trooper
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Jackson, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Colin, welcome to Overland Bound!

OleWilly

Rank I

Contributor II

Dayton Valley Golf Course, Palmer Drive, Dayton, NV, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Cupp
Member #

Greetings Everyone

We’re very excited to become members and explore the wealth of knowledge here, meet others with similar interests and explore and enjoy the “outback”!
We are very fortunate to live in an area rich in history and areas to be discovered…. Dayton Nevada.
Additionally I am very blessed to be employed by Carson City Parks and Rec - “Open Spaces”.
My job is to take care of all the outlying historic properties the city has acquired over the years to preserve the heritage of the area. There is over 8500 acres of old ranches, rail beds, canyons, old mining areas and more.
We moved here from Oregon last year - I’m an old logger and miss the woods - but this area and overland bound is sure opening new horizons for us!