First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Everyone

We’re very excited to become members and explore the wealth of knowledge here, meet others with similar interests and explore and enjoy the “outback”!
We are very fortunate to live in an area rich in history and areas to be discovered…. Dayton Nevada.
Additionally I am very blessed to be employed by Carson City Parks and Rec - “Open Spaces”.
My job is to take care of all the outlying historic properties the city has acquired over the years to preserve the heritage of the area. There is over 8500 acres of old ranches, rail beds, canyons, old mining areas and more.
We moved here from Oregon last year - I’m an old logger and miss the woods - but this area and overland bound is sure opening new horizons for us!
Hello Dennis, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greeting y’all from the Bay Area.
I’ve started building up my MB G550 to be an overland rig.
First thing was fixing a the little broken things on the truck, a 2” lift, some 33” BFG KO2 tires, and a new 12” screen for the head unit.
Need to order a roof rack system soon also.
And going to start looking for winch and some rock sliders and armor for the bottom.
View attachment 223806
View attachment 223807
Hello Austin, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone!

Just found this community and I'm happy I did!

I live in Los Angeles and have been overlanding for about 8 years now--started with a Diesel Jeep Liberty and upgraded to a 2009 V8 4Runner about four years ago and have been slowly building up the Gold Eagle to get my family and I out there.

My favorite stomping grounds are Death Valley, the Los Padres NF (Mt. Pinos Ranger District) and Johnson Valley BLM / Mojave NP. I love the desert.

We're active Scouters and are always looking for other families to cruise with--none of our kids' friends fams have vehicles that can keep up with us and we like camping in places where no reservations are possible ;)

During Covid, I started filming complete trail runs to build a visual trail encyclopedia and to answer my friends questions, "Can I make it with my vehicle?" The Community might find them interesting, you can check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ko9_u8OYmLj0UYwn72Q2w

Mod List:
  • 275/70/17 KO's
  • 2' Icon Lift
  • GAMIVITI Rack (highly recco these guys)
  • Kenwood TM-V71 Radio
  • WaterPort Weekender
  • ARB compressor under the hood

Looking forward to meeting some of you in person one of these days!

Cheers,

P & The Gold Eagle

View attachment 223854
Greetings Pierson, welcome to Overland Bound!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello Everyone!

I live in Los Angeles and have been overlanding for about 8 years now--started with a Diesel Jeep Liberty and upgraded to a 2009 V8 4Runner about four years ago and have been slowly building up the Gold Eagle to get my family and I out there.

My favorite stomping grounds are Death Valley, the Los Padres NF (Mt. Pinos Ranger District) and Johnson Valley BLM / Mojave NP. I love the desert.

We're active Scouters and are always looking for other families to cruise with--none of our kids' friends fams have vehicles that can keep up with us and we like camping in places where no reservations are possible ;)

During Covid, I started filming complete trail runs to build a visual trail encyclopedia and to answer my friends questions, "Can I make it with my vehicle?" The Community might find them interesting, you can check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ko9_u8OYmLj0UYwn72Q2w

Mod List:
  • 275/70/17 KO's
  • 2' Icon Lift
  • Kenwood TM-V71 Radio
  • WaterPort Weekender

Cheers,

P & The Gold Eagle

View attachment 223854

Welcome! I grew up in Torrance but live in TX now.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Greeting y’all from the Bay Area.
I’ve started building up my MB G550 to be an overland rig.
First thing was fixing a the little broken things on the truck, a 2” lift, some 33” BFG KO2 tires, and a new 12” screen for the head unit.
Need to order a roof rack system soon also.
And going to start looking for winch and some rock sliders and armor for the bottom.
View attachment 223806
View attachment 223807
Welcome to the group! cant wait to see your finished rig and your adventures.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Greetings Everyone

We’re very excited to become members and explore the wealth of knowledge here, meet others with similar interests and explore and enjoy the “outback”!
We are very fortunate to live in an area rich in history and areas to be discovered…. Dayton Nevada.
Additionally I am very blessed to be employed by Carson City Parks and Rec - “Open Spaces”.
My job is to take care of all the outlying historic properties the city has acquired over the years to preserve the heritage of the area. There is over 8500 acres of old ranches, rail beds, canyons, old mining areas and more.
We moved here from Oregon last year - I’m an old logger and miss the woods - but this area and overland bound is sure opening new horizons for us!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hi all, new-ish to overlanding and hope to find some excellent advice on here!

1) No photos yet ! blank slate so far just ordered a bed rack, we have a Smittybilt XL RTT with Annex that we are going to drop up there
2) Location (General area is fine) - Edmonton Alberta, Canada
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2021 F-150 Powerboost
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Novice haven't done it for years. Used to hit the back country in wall tents for quading trips but its been a while!
Welcome and enjoy your travels

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone and thanks OB!

Located in western Wyoming.
2021 Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Box
Novice: Looking to build my truck into an overland rig over the next several months.

My wife and I really enjoy being in the mountains (US and especially Canada (impatiently waiting for Covid restrictions to lift)) and we are looking to make the truck into something that can support us off grid. Plans are in place to purchase a Bushveld RTT from OVS, the bed rack is ordered and en route. Will continue to add other items as time allows.

Looking forward to being a part of the OB community. Seems to be great, great people on here.

Thanks again,

Jeff

A pic of my bare pickup (waiting to be upfitted):
View attachment 223627
Welcome such beautiful country up there!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello community! My name is Jackson, I’m from SC. 2 years into actual overlanding. I’ve camped and adventured all my life. I downloaded this app about a year ago but I forgot all about it. I followed Venture4WD on YouTube and got some map files from him. Awesome guy if you want to check him out. Very thorough with his videos and map files. But I’m here now and I’m loving all the information I’m seeing. Everyone seems to be very friendly and that’s a refreshing thing when it comes to the interwebs.

I’m running a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost with a custom DIY off-road camping trailer. I know most people would think that’s a bit excessive, especially being just me and my two dogs. But it works for us.

Looking forward to meeting and talking with all of you.
Welcome to the group! there is no wrong way (mostly haha) as long as you are getting out there and doing it! do what works for you and your needs.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello - Just moved to Pueblo, Colorado last year from Arizona. I have a 2007 Fj Cruiser that is still basically stock but am starting some upgrades. I was looking for info on overlanding in CO and stumbled into OB. Looking forward to meeting some folks for trips to higher elevations.
Welcome I love that areas!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hey folks. Initially thought I could do some good adventuring in a golf wagon tdi but FWD only goes so far. I’m tossing efficiency to the wolves and getting into a higher mile 2013 suburban. Let the games begin!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Experience: Novice

My wife and I are planning our maiden voyage to the Ocala national forest in Florida for the first week in May. We are currently in the process of building out our beginner rig and are looking forward to the journeys to come!
Welcome and that will be an awesome trip I lived in Florida for about 10 years just outside of the forest I loved it there.

Wheel2Live Outdoors

Rank V

Advocate II

De Queen, AR 71832
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Mod List:
  • 275/70/17 KO's
  • 2' Icon Lift
  • Kenwood TM-V71 Radio
  • WaterPort Weekender

Cheers,

P & The Gold Eagle

View attachment 223854
welcome to OB Pierson.