Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. Finally retiring in one week and ready to hit the trails
Welcome To Overland Bound
Great forum name!!!!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Matt & Melissa here with our two boys from Orange County, CA.
We are avid car campers taking month long road trips in our 2020 Subaru Outback Oynx XT.
We recently purchases a Taxa Woolly Bear and can’t wait to get out on some trails. We are new to Overlanding but everything about it is what we love to do!
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt and Melissa
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Nick here, just joined and went overlanding for the first time this weekend.

I currently live in the Olympia, WA area but am in the military so that changes pretty often.

My rig is a 2010 Toyota Tundra DC “Rock Warrior”, Xtrusion Overland Rack and Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic Tent.

As far as experience goes, I’d consider myself a beginner. I’ve spent a lot of time on forest roads and have done some off-roading but have never done anything too challenging.

Looking forward to being part of the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound Nick
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
'13 FJ Trail Teams Edition
Sandpoint, Idaho
View attachment 208966
Welcome to Overland Bound
Great photo
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
I'm Stu, a new member in Arvada, CO. I drive a basically stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKUR and have been exploring every backroad I can find for years. I met some forum members at Overland Expo Mountain West last weekend and am excited to join the fun!

Cheers and see you on the trail!
Welcome to Overland Bound Stu
Glad you got to meet the RM Crew.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @Iridium Fort Collins
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
New member from OKC.
I just purchased a
2016 Nissan Frontier Pro4 X
Going to get it set up for overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All...I'm a new member as of today. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos the last several months and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have not bought a vehicle yet, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get. I'm not sure if we want a lite slide in camper or just a camper top or if we want to pull a small lite weight trailer that's built for over-landing. I am open to hear suggestions. We live in the Travelers Rest, SC area and we love the mountains. Next year sometime we want to travel out west to do some beginner type over-landing, camping and fishing in Montana and Colorado. I'll be traveling with my wife, I think she's looking forward to this next adventure. Thank You in advance for any recommendations on any type trucks, any information would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
R Coker
Hello Ryan and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Noob here. I’ve lurked for a while and finally became a member. I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 as a daily family hauler that gets me around the cattle pasture for fishing. I’m here to get out, explore more, and meet cool and interesting people along the way.
Hello Nate and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Been interested for a while, but now finally moving forward into it a little bit more. Working on purchasing a RTT on the trailer and setting that up and have the kayaks on top of the Jeep since it's a DD and don't go camping as much as I'd like to. Adulting gets in the way.

1) View attachment 209184
2) Northern Virginia
3) 2021 Jeep Gladiator
4) General camping, hammocking. Usually with Trail Ragnar Relays or up in WV.
Hello Jason and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello friends! I'm Dave from the Napa Valley in California. Glad to have finally joined! Looking forward to being a part of this community. Love my first and 4th gen 4-runners and used some extra time at home during covid to build out a nice camping vehicle. This is a great community I can tell. Have watched every one of the Overland bound youtube videos and have learned so much.
Hello Dave and welcome to Overland Bound!

jmcgilroy

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Central California, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Callahan
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6KAV
New member from central coast area California. Previously did motorcycle adventure touring but I'm getting a bit long-in-the-tooth for another trip up the Dalton Hwy on a motorcycle. Just starting a Silverado build-out with a pop-up style shell camper. SCUBA diving in remote lakes is what I'm after.

Aledilltyd

Rank 0

Contributor I

Salisbury, Wiltshire, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aled
Last Name
Evans
Service Branch
REME
Hi Overlanders. I'm Aled and live in the UK. I am new to overlanding but have Canoed and Camped for years.

i am building my first rig on a Pinzgauer 716 M (softtop) which has just been demobbed form the British Army.

I have a Bushcompany Alpha rooftent and a bushcompany 270 Max awning to go with it.

the truck is still in for registration, painting and various other minot stuff but i will post some picks once it is home again.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello All...I'm a new member as of today. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos the last several months and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have not bought a vehicle yet, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get. I'm not sure if we want a lite slide in camper or just a camper top or if we want to pull a small lite weight trailer that's built for over-landing. I am open to hear suggestions. We live in the Travelers Rest, SC area and we love the mountains. Next year sometime we want to travel out west to do some beginner type over-landing, camping and fishing in Montana and Colorado. I'll be traveling with my wife, I think she's looking forward to this next adventure. Thank You in advance for any recommendations on any type trucks, any information would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
R Coker
Personally I'm a Toyota guy. There are a lot of opinions on what rig to have but I have found Toyota to be the most reliable. That said all rigs have compromises that you will have to make. I have a FJ Cruiser and love it. I have found it o be the best all around rig for what I do. I also have a trailer that will go on some adventures with me but it really depends on what I plan on doing. The trailer makes a great base camp if you are wanting to do day trips from a central location and want to loop back to it every night. If you are going on an extended trip that moves every night then a trailer may not be the best option. Or mix it up like I do and have it when you need it. Mine also carries motorcycles. If I'm going to a place where I want to party every night the trailer is a must and becomes the center of the fun. I did a 2000 mile loop around the UP and the TWT and left it behind. Having options is good. I'd suggest coming to Overland Expo in VA in October to see what others have built and how they use their rigs.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi All! 5280boss here.

We are in the Denver, Co area and have a 2021 Chevy TrailBoss along with some ATV’s we use for our adventures.

Happy to join and gain knowledge and some day be able to help provide some knowledge.
Welcome Ryan! I'm in Denver too, feel free to reach out if you need anything!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi,
I'm Stu, a new member in Arvada, CO. I drive a basically stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKUR and have been exploring every backroad I can find for years. I met some forum members at Overland Expo Mountain West last weekend and am excited to join the fun!

Cheers and see you on the trail!
Welcome Stu! I'm in Denver, feel free to reach out if you need anything!