First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,
I'm Stu, a new member in Arvada, CO. I drive a basically stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKUR and have been exploring every backroad I can find for years. I met some forum members at Overland Expo Mountain West last weekend and am excited to join the fun!

Cheers and see you on the trail!
Hello Stu, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Nick here, just joined and went overlanding for the first time this weekend.

I currently live in the Olympia, WA area but am in the military so that changes pretty often.

My rig is a 2010 Toyota Tundra DC “Rock Warrior”, Xtrusion Overland Rack and Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic Tent.

As far as experience goes, I’d consider myself a beginner. I’ve spent a lot of time on forest roads and have done some off-roading but have never done anything too challenging.

Looking forward to being part of the community!
Hello Nick, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,

Matt & Melissa here with our two boys from Orange County, CA.
We are avid car campers taking month long road trips in our 2020 Subaru Outback Oynx XT.
We recently purchases a Taxa Woolly Bear and can’t wait to get out on some trails. We are new to Overlanding but everything about it is what we love to do!
Hello Matt and Melissa, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All! 5280boss here.

We are in the Denver, Co area and have a 2021 Chevy TrailBoss along with some ATV’s we use for our adventures.

Happy to join and gain knowledge and some day be able to help provide some knowledge.
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All!

We're excited to have just joined the Overland Bound community. We've been watching the YouTube channel for over a year now and finally joined to be a part of what sounds like an amazing community. We've done a bunch of car camping over the years but would consider ourselves beginners when it comes to overlanding and really getting off-road and exploring the roads less traveled. We have a 2021 Subaru Ascent with plans to build it out but in the meantime have been getting on some easy trails to get a feel for what it can do in stock form. We're in the Los Angeles area and looking forward to connecting with others in the OB community to learn and share what we can.
Hello Mario, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All, my name is Scott. I live in Scottsdale, AZ with my wife and 2 little girls (3 and 5). We love to go and explore and looking to start camping. I have been slowly working on building out my Toyota LC200. Looking forward to potentially enjoying some time outdoors with everyone. Cheers
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 209140

Hey y'all! I'm excited to join this forum and learn as much as I can about overlanding. I'm currently residing in Mississippi.
I drive a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek with a few mods.
I have done my share of traversing through mud, ruts, rocks, sand, and rivers. Still fairly new to the overland game but hoping to change that!
Hello Sly, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone.

Ours names are Zack & Melissa. We are out of SE Wisconsin and brand new to over landing. About to have a family of 4 as we speak and getting into the planning stages of take this clan out into nature.
Rigs for now are our 5th Gen Rav4 and 18' Tundra TRD Off Road. Probably going to slowly build those but out first purchase might be a OPUS or another off road camper trailer since we will have younger children with us for now.

Really looking forward to learning out of state areas since Wi has little off roading trails for full sized vehicles. Along with being a hunter this all will fit in perfectly.
Hello Zack and Melissa, welcome to the OB family.

RCOKER

Rank 0

Contributor I

Travelers Rest, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Coker
Hello All...I'm a new member as of today. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos the last several months and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have not bought a vehicle yet, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get. I'm not sure if we want a lite slide in camper or just a camper top or if we want to pull a small lite weight trailer that's built for over-landing. I am open to hear suggestions. We live in the Travelers Rest, SC area and we love the mountains. Next year sometime we want to travel out west to do some beginner type over-landing, camping and fishing in Montana and Colorado. I'll be traveling with my wife, I think she's looking forward to this next adventure. Thank You in advance for any recommendations on any type trucks, any information would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
R Coker

Norvak

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Draper
Member #

Noob here. I’ve lurked for a while and finally became a member. I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 as a daily family hauler that gets me around the cattle pasture for fishing. I’m here to get out, explore more, and meet cool and interesting people along the way.

rebelwolfinva

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Prince William County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Hinkle
Member #

Been interested for a while, but now finally moving forward into it a little bit more. Working on purchasing a RTT on the trailer and setting that up and have the kayaks on top of the Jeep since it's a DD and don't go camping as much as I'd like to. Adulting gets in the way.

1) 1631052725417.png
2) Northern Virginia
3) 2021 Jeep Gladiator
4) General camping, hammocking. Usually with Trail Ragnar Relays or up in WV.

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Been interested for a while, but now finally moving forward into it a little bit more. Working on purchasing a RTT on the trailer and setting that up and have the kayaks on top of the Jeep since it's a DD and don't go camping as much as I'd like to. Adulting gets in the way.

1) View attachment 209184
2) Northern Virginia
3) 2021 Jeep Gladiator
4) General camping, hammocking. Usually with Trail Ragnar Relays or up in WV.
Welcome, be sure to checkout Compact Camping Trailers Maker Of No Weld Trailer Racks - Compact Camping Trailers for your trailer needs. Warning your rig becomes an obsession.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Noob here. I’ve lurked for a while and finally became a member. I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 as a daily family hauler that gets me around the cattle pasture for fishing. I’m here to get out, explore more, and meet cool and interesting people along the way.
Welcome from Tulsa Nate!