Rank II

Contributor III

Angwin, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
carelock
Member #

Hello friends! I'm Dave from the Napa Valley in California. Glad to have finally joined! Looking forward to being a part of this community. Love my first and 4th gen 4-runners and used some extra time at home during covid to build out a nice camping vehicle. This is a great community I can tell. Have watched every one of the Overland bound youtube videos and have learned so much.

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Noob here. I’ve lurked for a while and finally became a member. I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 as a daily family hauler that gets me around the cattle pasture for fishing. I’m here to get out, explore more, and meet cool and interesting people along the way.
Welcome from Tulsa Nate!
Welcome to the family. One of the great things about this forum is the amount of Rams hanging out.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All...I'm a new member as of today. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos the last several months and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have not bought a vehicle yet, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get. I'm not sure if we want a lite slide in camper or just a camper top or if we want to pull a small lite weight trailer that's built for over-landing. I am open to hear suggestions. We live in the Travelers Rest, SC area and we love the mountains. Next year sometime we want to travel out west to do some beginner type over-landing, camping and fishing in Montana and Colorado. I'll be traveling with my wife, I think she's looking forward to this next adventure. Thank You in advance for any recommendations on any type trucks, any information would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
R Coker
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound. I made a choice in vehicles based on reliability as I am terrible at turning a wrench. I also do not enjoy “wrenching”. :)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello friends! I'm Dave from the Napa Valley in California. Glad to have finally joined! Looking forward to being a part of this community. Love my first and 4th gen 4-runners and used some extra time at home during covid to build out a nice camping vehicle. This is a great community I can tell. Have watched every one of the Overland bound youtube videos and have learned so much.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
There is an occasional meet up in Santa Rosa that you might be interested in.
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello good people, I am from Sparks, NV and am so excited to part of a good group. I recently purchased a new Ford F250 and want to build it for the overland challenges that await.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Been interested for a while, but now finally moving forward into it a little bit more. Working on purchasing a RTT on the trailer and setting that up and have the kayaks on top of the Jeep since it's a DD and don't go camping as much as I'd like to. Adulting gets in the way.

1) View attachment 209184
2) Northern Virginia
3) 2021 Jeep Gladiator
4) General camping, hammocking. Usually with Trail Ragnar Relays or up in WV.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Noob here. I’ve lurked for a while and finally became a member. I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 as a daily family hauler that gets me around the cattle pasture for fishing. I’m here to get out, explore more, and meet cool and interesting people along the way.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @PreRunnr & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All...I'm a new member as of today. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos the last several months and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have not bought a vehicle yet, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get. I'm not sure if we want a lite slide in camper or just a camper top or if we want to pull a small lite weight trailer that's built for over-landing. I am open to hear suggestions. We live in the Travelers Rest, SC area and we love the mountains. Next year sometime we want to travel out west to do some beginner type over-landing, camping and fishing in Montana and Colorado. I'll be traveling with my wife, I think she's looking forward to this next adventure. Thank You in advance for any recommendations on any type trucks, any information would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
R Coker
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone.

Ours names are Zack & Melissa. We are out of SE Wisconsin and brand new to over landing. About to have a family of 4 as we speak and getting into the planning stages of take this clan out into nature.
Rigs for now are our 5th Gen Rav4 and 18' Tundra TRD Off Road. Probably going to slowly build those but out first purchase might be a OPUS or another off road camper trailer since we will have younger children with us for now.

Really looking forward to learning out of state areas since Wi has little off roading trails for full sized vehicles. Along with being a hunter this all will fit in perfectly.
Welcome to Overland Bound Zack & Melissa
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are in Wyoming, We want to convert this one over for a trip to Alaska. And haul dogs.
2011 ram 5500, 6.7 Cummins, I have built lots of vehicles. Should be interesting and fun.
That Crew Buggy has some history off-road I bet.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @WyOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 209140

Hey y'all! I'm excited to join this forum and learn as much as I can about overlanding. I'm currently residing in Mississippi.
I drive a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek with a few mods.
I have done my share of traversing through mud, ruts, rocks, sand, and rivers. Still fairly new to the overland game but hoping to change that!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All, my name is Scott. I live in Scottsdale, AZ with my wife and 2 little girls (3 and 5). We love to go and explore and looking to start camping. I have been slowly working on building out my Toyota LC200. Looking forward to potentially enjoying some time outdoors with everyone. Cheers
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

We're excited to have just joined the Overland Bound community. We've been watching the YouTube channel for over a year now and finally joined to be a part of what sounds like an amazing community. We've done a bunch of car camping over the years but would consider ourselves beginners when it comes to overlanding and really getting off-road and exploring the roads less traveled. We have a 2021 Subaru Ascent with plans to build it out but in the meantime have been getting on some easy trails to get a feel for what it can do in stock form. We're in the Los Angeles area and looking forward to connecting with others in the OB community to learn and share what we can.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All! 5280boss here.

We are in the Denver, Co area and have a 2021 Chevy TrailBoss along with some ATV’s we use for our adventures.

Happy to join and gain knowledge and some day be able to help provide some knowledge.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @Iridium Fort Collins
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. Finally retiring in one week and ready to hit the trails
Great forum name!!!!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Matt & Melissa here with our two boys from Orange County, CA.
We are avid car campers taking month long road trips in our 2020 Subaru Outback Oynx XT.
We recently purchases a Taxa Woolly Bear and can’t wait to get out on some trails. We are new to Overlanding but everything about it is what we love to do!
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt and Melissa
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Nick here, just joined and went overlanding for the first time this weekend.

I currently live in the Olympia, WA area but am in the military so that changes pretty often.

My rig is a 2010 Toyota Tundra DC “Rock Warrior”, Xtrusion Overland Rack and Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic Tent.

As far as experience goes, I’d consider myself a beginner. I’ve spent a lot of time on forest roads and have done some off-roading but have never done anything too challenging.

Looking forward to being part of the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound Nick
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose