Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. New to Overlanding but anxious to get deep into it, at least within the next several months. I'm a retired businessman, with hobbies that include recreational tree climbing, nature photography and family appreciation. My rig has been a 2001 Toyota Sequoia, but I am now on the verge of dropping the hammer for both an F150 Hybrid or Lightening, and an Overland Mission Summit camper trailer. I can't think of anything more cutting edge. My research suggest that these are both currently at the top of the game and more readily available than anything that might offer comparable options, and be available from a fair and reputable mfg/dealer. Being all electric, via solar, wind and hydro is my goal, but the extended range from a hybrid vehicle seems a lot more overland friendly.

If anyone is going through this same type of beginning mindset, please share your insights.
Hello John, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good morning all,

New member from St. Louis Missouri. I drive a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. Still relatively new to Overlanding, however my wife and I have been camping for years and doing smaller trips.

Still learning the ropes of the website, however am not new to forums so it's all feeling pretty familiar.

Thank you.
Hello Alex, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. New to Overlanding but anxious to get deep into it, at least within the next several months. I'm a retired businessman, with hobbies that include recreational tree climbing, nature photography and family appreciation. My rig has been a 2001 Toyota Sequoia, but I am now on the verge of dropping the hammer for both an F150 Hybrid or Lightening, and an Overland Mission Summit camper trailer. I can't think of anything more cutting edge. My research suggest that these are both currently at the top of the game and more readily available than anything that might offer comparable options, and be available from a fair and reputable mfg/dealer. Being all electric, via solar, wind and hydro is my goal, but the extended range from a hybrid vehicle seems a lot more overland friendly.

If anyone is going through this same type of beginning mindset, please share your insights.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound. So I was wondering, do you use hooks to climb with? I am a longtime lineman for a telco (baby bell) and I used to, when younger, hook poles.

Familytime

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
VanHorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5EWD
Hey Everyone!! Finally decided to join the party online here! Hope to find even more inspiration and maybe even provide some!!View attachment 202911
Welcome! Nomatter where I turn, it seems like I keep bumping into you. I enjoy your content on all platforms.

Have you done a video or blog maybe about your awning?

Contributor I

Blackfalds, AB, Canada
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Dionne
Member #

Welcome! Nomatter where I turn, it seems like I keep bumping into you. I enjoy your content on all platforms.

Thanks, David, I thoroughly enjoy making it so I love it when people enjoy watching haha!

I have done one on the awning, had to do a repair and upgrade to it over the winter months last season.

Familytime

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
David
Last Name
VanHorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5EWD

Thanks, David, I thoroughly enjoy making it so I love it when people enjoy watching haha!

I have done one on the awning, had to do a repair and upgrade to it over the winter months last season.
Very cool! I will have to check it out. Thanks

Alex Moranz

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Missouri, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Moranz
Member #

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone!! Finally decided to join the party online here! Hope to find even more inspiration and maybe even provide some!!View attachment 202911
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Blindman Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound John
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
You might ask this question here; General Overland Discussion you will get way more traction.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Blindman Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning all,

New member from St. Louis Missouri. I drive a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. Still relatively new to Overlanding, however my wife and I have been camping for years and doing smaller trips.

Still learning the ropes of the website, however am not new to forums so it's all feeling pretty familiar.

Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

Reactions: ExploreOrr

Familytime

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
David
Last Name
VanHorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5EWD
Hello all! My name is David, I've been lurking in the corner for long enough and finally decided to make it official and join. So here I am... I live in the Great state of Texas, Arlington Tx to be exact. I am married to my wonderful bride Daniéle and together we have our son Ollie who is 5 years old. I love being in the woods although I haven't been in a very long time. I feel the stress of "city life" and long for nature. My goal here is to not only make like-minded friends to camp and have trips with but to find a family friendly and safe environment that I can bring my son to and hopefully one day my wife as well (She is not an outdoorsy kind of person). Maybe some offer wives can help in that area...

Anyway,...My "rig" is a 2015 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. I bought it a year ago and have been do little things to it here and there...window tint, rain guards, Ham radio, accessory tray, phone mount and charging station, LED lights... I have other ideas like a lift, tires, bumpers but of course those require more green stuff than I have so little bits at a time.

I do love to take road trips but again, green stuff. Back in my single days I traveled for a living and loved every minute. As for offroading, I have grown up in the Fort Worth, Arlington, Mansfield area and most of where I used to "offroad" has a shopping outlet or mall. I would like to check out a local offroad park in the near future so if you are interested, send me a message. That may be my first rally point.

Anyway, glad to be here and can't wait to see what the future holds!
Hello David (@Familytime), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. My wife loves the outdoors and always goes overlanding with me. If you are ever in the Central Texas area, bring her to one of our monthly meets in Round Rock and she can talk to my wife about it.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Thank you for all of this information. My wife is always looking at those thrifty apps or sites like Craigslist. She has
asked me a handful of times about driving down to your neck of the woods to grab this item or that...so I may able to take you up on your offer. I will keep it in mind.
Thank you

Contributor I

Blackfalds, AB, Canada
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Dionne
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound John
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
You might ask this question here; General Overland Discussion you will get way more traction.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
As the longest-serving Mission Overland Employee it makes me all warm inside to see fellow adventure enthusiasts considering our product we really do put a ton of love and care into our builds!