Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,
My main rig is a 1993 Jeep YJ. 4.0 with about 5.5 inch lift on 33s. I am relatively new to overlanding but not new to camping.
Hello Roy, welcome to Overland Bound. Roy you should remove your complete address
Hey everyone! My husband Mike and I have been overlanding in South America for 2 years and are now concluding our trip in Chile. If you need more info on travelling in Chile during the pandemic, just ping me (:
Hello Roy, welcome to Overland Bound. Roy you should remove your complete address from your profile, never a good idea to put that out on the web.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings, everyone! I'm Brian from Mohave county, Arizona! I haven't done any overlanding yet, but I recently acquired a 2002 M1123 and I'm fixing it up with the general plan being to make it an overland vehicle that remains somewhat true to it's military history. My only inhibiting factors at this point are time and money to make it how I truly want, so this will be a long term project vehicle for me!
Hello Brian
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone!

Not really all that new to off road driving, however; I am relatively new to overlanding. I got started in 2015 with a 2015 Jeep and ended up trading because of a lot of mechanical issues. I learned so valuable lessons building the JKU and took those lessons and applied them to my current Jeep JLU.

I have a 2018 JLU Sahara on an AEV 2.5 lift, 35x12.5x17, steel bumpers, 10k lb winch (synthetic) enough light to be considered a second star (I’m a night shifter, so I wheel a lot at night) and a Garvin Expedition Rack.

I’ve been to MOAB and wheeled Poison Spider Mesa, Crystal Geyser, Hell’s Revenge, Fins and Things and Top of the World. All in the JK. Next trip to MOAB is planned June 2022 in the new JLU with the 2.0 Turbo eTorque.

I do not run a RTT, but I am running a two person Australian SWAG ground tent. Learning how to pack for longer trips, but haven’t ventured past two days off grid.

I’m in Virginia, so off grid wheeling is scarce, so I have to plan trips out of state.

Looking forward to meeting new people and learning new things, while sharing what I’ve learned!
Hello Jason, welcome to Overland Bound. Try trailsoffroad.com for local trails to try.

Reactions: Kent R and slax

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!!! I'm new here! My wife and I are from tucson, AZ and we drive a well equipped 1970 Toyota FJ-40. We've 4-wheeled for years in South West Colorado. We're very interested in expanding day trips into longer excursions. We may be looking for an LX-470 to have a bit more room...
Hello Daric
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, hailing from Salem, or and my gf and I started working on doing overlanding at least once a month for now and extending our trips and distances as I can afford. I have done dispersed camping from time to time within the last 20ish years but want to explore more. The most extreme thing we have done so far is actually using the gambler 500 as an overland test of sorts and my gf is wanting to do more now when we can afford (mainly it's fuel in a thirsty Toyota sequoia).
Hello Jason, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Love off-roading but really looking to get into overlanding. I’m using a 04 Silverado 1500HD. Planing a trip to Land Between the Lakes, and later Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway Ky.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative for local information is @Hank Outdoors
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, hailing from Salem, or and my gf and I started working on doing overlanding at least once a month for now and extending our trips and distances as I can afford. I have done dispersed camping from time to time within the last 20ish years but want to explore more. The most extreme thing we have done so far is actually using the gambler 500 as an overland test of sorts and my gf is wanting to do more now when we can afford (mainly it's fuel in a thirsty Toyota sequoia).
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Bajathelarge

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! My name is Hunter, out here in sunny San Diego! Use to camp as a boy scout growing up and just purchased a new TRD PRO 4-Runner.
Welcome to Overland Bound Hunter
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!!! I'm new here! My wife and I are from tucson, AZ and we drive a well equipped 1970 Toyota FJ-40. We've 4-wheeled for years in South West Colorado. We're very interested in expanding day trips into longer excursions. We may be looking for an LX-470 to have a bit more room...
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
A very active local member @DaleRF is also in Southern AZ
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Reactions: DaleRF

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

Not really all that new to off road driving, however; I am relatively new to overlanding. I got started in 2015 with a 2015 Jeep and ended up trading because of a lot of mechanical issues. I learned so valuable lessons building the JKU and took those lessons and applied them to my current Jeep JLU.

I have a 2018 JLU Sahara on an AEV 2.5 lift, 35x12.5x17, steel bumpers, 10k lb winch (synthetic) enough light to be considered a second star (I’m a night shifter, so I wheel a lot at night) and a Garvin Expedition Rack.

I’ve been to MOAB and wheeled Poison Spider Mesa, Crystal Geyser, Hell’s Revenge, Fins and Things and Top of the World. All in the JK. Next trip to MOAB is planned June 2022 in the new JLU with the 2.0 Turbo eTorque.

I do not run a RTT, but I am running a two person Australian SWAG ground tent. Learning how to pack for longer trips, but haven’t ventured past two days off grid.

I’m in Virginia, so off grid wheeling is scarce, so I have to plan trips out of state.

Looking forward to meeting new people and learning new things, while sharing what I’ve learned!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings, everyone! I'm Brian from Mohave county, Arizona! I haven't done any overlanding yet, but I recently acquired a 2002 M1123 and I'm fixing it up with the general plan being to make it an overland vehicle that remains somewhat true to it's military history. My only inhibiting factors at this point are time and money to make it how I truly want, so this will be a long term project vehicle for me!
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian
"Inhibiting factors Time ad Money." You got that one right! ;-)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My main rig is a 1993 Jeep YJ. 4.0 with about 5.5 inch lift on 33s. I am relatively new to overlanding but not new to camping.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Overland Coasty

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My husband Mike and I have been overlanding in South America for 2 years and are now concluding our trip in Chile. If you need more info on travelling in Chile during the pandemic, just ping me (:
Great to hear from South America, you can check the member map for anyone that might be near you and send messages from the map.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: jolyn

Alex Moranz

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Missouri, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Moranz
Member #

Good morning all,

New member from St. Louis Missouri. I drive a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. Still relatively new to Overlanding, however my wife and I have been camping for years and doing smaller trips.

Still learning the ropes of the website, however am not new to forums so it's all feeling pretty familiar.

Thank you.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Good morning all,

New member from St. Louis Missouri. I drive a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. Still relatively new to Overlanding, however my wife and I have been camping for years and doing smaller trips.

Still learning the ropes of the website, however am not new to forums so it's all feeling pretty familiar.

Thank you.
Welcome, Alex, from Southern Arizona!

Jungle John

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle, WA 98110, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Greer
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Jungle John
Greetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. New to Overlanding but anxious to get deep into it, at least within the next several months. I'm a retired businessman, with hobbies that include recreational tree climbing, nature photography and family appreciation. My rig has been a 2001 Toyota Sequoia, but I am now on the verge of dropping the hammer for both an F150 Hybrid or Lightening, and an Overland Mission Summit camper trailer. I can't think of anything more cutting edge. My research suggest that these are both currently at the top of the game and more readily available than anything that might offer comparable options, and be available from a fair and reputable mfg/dealer. Being all electric, via solar, wind and hydro is my goal, but the extended range from a hybrid vehicle seems a lot more overland friendly.

If anyone is going through this same type of beginning mindset, please share your insights.

Last edited:

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Greetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. New to Overlanding but anxious to get deep into it, at least within the next several months. I'm a retired businessman, with hobbies that include recreational tree climbing, nature photography and family appreciation. My rig has been a 2001 Toyota Sequoia, but I am now on the verge of dropping the hammer for both an F150 Hybrid or Lightening, and an Overland Mission Summit camper trailer. I can't think of anything more cutting edge. My research suggest that these are both currently at the top of the game and more readily available than anything that might offer comparable options, and be available in from a fair and reputable mfg/dealer. Being all electric, via solar, wind and hydro is my goal, but the extended range from a hybrid vehicle seems a lot more overland friendly.

If anyone is going through this same type of beginning mindset, please share your insights.
Hello John, and welcome from southern Arizona!