Launch Member

Member I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Church
Member #

Howdy ya'll! My name is Tim. I have been hitting the trails most of my life, whether it be hiking or driving. Most of that has been in Florida and nothing technical. Just easy flat trail. I'm now in Tennessee and hitting the trails in my 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ and having a blast! Since it's been a while since I've been on the trails and now on trails more technical than Florida, I'm going to say I'm only a novice. Here is a picture of my rig I'm slowly building.

Attachments

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Hello everyone, new member from Anaheim, CA. I am an experienced camper, hiker, and off-roader, but new to the overlanding scene. I’m currently working on getting my HAM radio license. Trying to be patient with the current situation, but can’t wait to get out of the house and out of the city! My rig is a 04 Jeep WJ.

View attachment 150334
Welcome from Lake Forest, CA!

jonald

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Jonald
Last Name
Gradwohl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7KWY
Jonald here.
Corvallis Oregon
I'm old, but not retired yet. Have owned at least 20 4x4s spanning 35 years (can't remember them all), several brands. Favorites are Broncos and Wranglers, but not particular as long as it gets me there.

Current rig is 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, bought new for my wife in 2007. Took it over in 2014 after I bought a new one and she claimed it. I'm about 600 miles from turning over 200K miles with a lifetime power train warranty. It's mostly stock (already has everything I need), Warn winch plate and receiver for my Warn removable winch on the front, extra rock rails, heavy rear hinge, and Goodyear Duratrack tires (all I run on many rigs). Shopping for an OME 2" lift to celebrate 200K. Picture is 6 years on on OBCDR 5.

Building 61 Willys Wagon to be my next rig.

Spent 5 years in the Air Force driving trucks and 4x4s.

Spent 20 + years in Search and Rescue. Focused on Man-Tracking. Now, I teach it.

Latest focus is Oregon Back-country Discovery Route. Done 5 and 3. Have a route planned to make a loop of 3, 2, 5, 4, but staying home and saving lives for now.

Father of a daughter and identical twin sons, Grandfather of 3. Manger of very cool technology (R&D secrets) at a high tech company.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jason R

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventura, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Radcliffe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JYL
Service Branch
Marine Corps
Hi all, I’m in Ventura, Ca. I drive an ‘02 Ford F-250 crewcab 4x4. I’d call myself a veteran off roader but no rock crawler. I’m in it for the beauty and the solitude I’m not out to conquer anything. My favorite place is the Desert. I’m here to learn about new things and new places thanks for having me.View attachment 150234
Hi Kel. I live in Ventura also. Hope to meet up some time.

Reactions: Kent R

RobMac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, Queensland Australia
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Mac
Member #

Hey from Downunder...
Been on here for a little while but decided to take the plunge and become a full member...

Here's a LINK to my PAST & PRESENT 4WD's: [URL='https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/history-of-my-past-present-vehicles-australia.31169/']History of My Past & Present Vehicles (Australia) [/url]

But currently, my current 4WD's are:

A old 1995 Defender 110 Tdi300

A more modern 2010 Defender 110 Puma Tdci

And my trusty little Suzuki Vitara 4dr Wgn that I've had for 13yrs - which is now in the hands of my Daughter

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Jonald here.
Corvallis Oregon
I'm old, but not retired yet. Have owned at least 20 4x4s spanning 35 years (can't remember them all), several brands. Favorites are Broncos and Wranglers, but not particular as long as it gets me there.

Current rig is 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, bought new for my wife in 2007. Took it over in 2014 after I bought a new one and she claimed it. I'm about 600 miles from turning over 200K miles with a lifetime power train warranty. It's mostly stock (already has everything I need), Warn winch plate and receiver for my Warn removable winch on the front, extra rock rails, heavy rear hinge, and Goodyear Duratrack tires (all I run on many rigs). Shopping for an OME 2" lift to celebrate 200K. Picture is 6 years on on OBCDR 5.

Building 61 Willys Wagon to be my next rig.

Spent 5 years in the Air Force driving trucks and 4x4s.

Spent 20 + years in Search and Rescue. Focused on Man-Tracking. Now, I teach it.

Latest focus is Oregon Back-country Discovery Route. Done 5 and 3. Have a route planned to make a loop of 3, 2, 5, 4, but staying home and saving lives for now.

Father of a daughter and identical twin sons, Grandfather of 3. Manger of very cool technology (R&D secrets) at a high tech company.
Welcome Jonald ,
Thank you for your service. 15 years US Army truck mechanic here.

I am a fan of those old willies Overland Wagons. My first running 4 wheel drive was a 1960 wagon, my first 4 wheel drive was a 57 Willies pickup. Both had the original 6-226 L head.

I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call
Sunday April 20th @Big G will be hosting the call. The topic is “Introduction to Overlanding: Questions and Answers”.
Welcome once again Jonald
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
People tend to call me "Z-Z" (I,e. ZZ Top)
I have a '99 Tahoe, stock, 265/75 R16 KO2 with a RoofNest Falcon tent on top
Have been playing with 4x4's most of my adult life and now dipping my toes into the overland side of things.
Welcome @MuleMite,

Where are you from? Feel free to drop into the Sunday Night Northwest Conference Call this Sunday at 7:30 pm pacific time. We are are taking questions and answers this week to the most common questions we hear.
Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

jonald

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Jonald
Last Name
Gradwohl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7KWY
Welcome Jonald ,
Thank you for your service. 15 years US Army truck mechanic here.

I am a fan of those old willies Overland Wagons. My first running 4 wheel drive was a 1960 wagon, my first 4 wheel drive was a 57 Willies pickup. Both had the original 6-226 L head.

I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call
Sunday April 20th @Big G will be hosting the call. The topic is “Introduction to Overlanding: Questions and Answers”.
Welcome once again Jonald
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound
Thanks for the info Mike.

Reactions: Big G and Kent R

WY_Tigger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Burghard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7YKP
Greetings from Wyoming!

Rig: 2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Overlanding Experience Background: I overland about 15 years ago in my 1st Gen Dodge Diesel 3/4 ton, but life, family, and work demanded my time so, Overlanding got put on the back burner. Got back into motorcycles around 2010 and have converted two of my motorcycles to go exploring on both paved and unpaved roads. Picked up my Crosstrek last year and I'm working on outfitting it so the wife, dog, and I can overland.

See you out there.

James

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Greetings from Wyoming!

Overlanding Experience Background: I overland about 15 years ago in my 1st Gen Dodge Diesel 3/4 ton, but life, family, and work demanded my time so, Overlanding got put on the back burner. Got back into motorcycles around 2010 and have converted two of my motorcycles to go exploring on both paved and unpaved roads. Picked up my Crosstrek last year and I'm working on outfitting it so the wife, dog, and I can overland.

See you out there.

James
Welcome James,
you are in US Mountain West, @Cendee is your Director. use the member map to find members local to you. Ask your questions and we will try our best to answer them. See you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Roadtoaster

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Chugwater, Wyoming
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7MK
20180702_060304~2.jpg
Greetings from Wyoming!

See you out there.

James
James, Mike here, we live just 50 miles north of Cheyenne east of Chugwater so we're practically neighbors. We didn't call it overlanding but my wife and I have been traveling forest service roads and camping for many years. We use our Alaskan on a 2006 Silverado 2500 HD or our 1991 V-10 (K-5) Blazer depending on the trip. I'm a new to this group and just learning my way around. Welcome!20190719_134536.jpg

Last edited:

Socal Wayne

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Bernardino, CA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Cliburn
Member #

Greetings all, Thank you for having me. I am new to overlanding and off-road in general. I have very basic knowledge and I am looking to learn more. Excited to get out there, I bought my truck the week the world changed. So I have few miles off-road so far. More will be had though.

My rig:
2006 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road 4x2IMG_20200401_174719 (1).jpg

Last edited:

WY_Tigger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Burghard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7YKP
Mike,

Great to see another of the Wyoming faithful.

When I was doing it 15 years ago, we didn't call it overlanding either.

We have the Crosstrek for overlanding and the dually pickup for when we are towing the camper.

See you out there.
James