Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from Redmond Oregon. My vehicle is a 1994 Ford Ranger 4 x 4 all stock. Love driving the BLM roads/ Trails, forest roads and exploring new places. Any other members here from Central Oregon?

PS, yes in this picture I was stuck on a rock LOL
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @M Rose for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.
New member here and I’m from the Salt Lake City area and love to get out and explore Southern Utah.
Rig:Toyota Tundra.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: JP-SLC

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Chris from Kansas City.
I have a 2018 jk unlimited.
I have always Loved camping and doing it in a Jeep in awesome places makes it even better!
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Shawn from NC here. I drive a 2016 Toyota Tacoma. New to the overlanding world but my wife and I are up for some adventures.
Welcome To Overland Bound Shawn.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Chris. I drive a 2015 Tacoma, which is my daily driver. From Vancouver Wa. My wife and I are new to overloading. Looking forward to this new adventure!
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Reactions: DIYTaco15

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Mike. I've been watching the OB YouTube for a while. Decided to finally join. I have a 93 Isuzu Trooper RS.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
My dad had a Diesel trooper for a long time that he overlanded in, nice rigs.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Iwata77
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Reactions: OTHERMIKEtm

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings!
I am not novice to off-roading but novice to overlanding. I am in Elizabeth, New Jersey (for now) and I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. I heard good things about Overland Bound and can’t wait to learn new things and interact with you guys.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, my name is Stephen. I am from Aiken SC just looking forward to get out and explorer with my family. I have a 2015 JKU that is a work in progress.View attachment 150147
Welcome To Overland Bound Stephen.
Clean rig you have there.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: OverRock

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

Travis here, wanted to introduce myself. I’m currently stationed in Germany! I own a 2017 White T4R Pro. New to this game and I’ve seen many Quarantine Projects already in the DIY! Thanks for having me and looking forward to reading and learning. Stay Safe!
Welcome to Overland Bound Travis.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Robert OB 33/48

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is James from Austin, Texas.

I am an experienced off-roader, hiker, camper and all around outdoors person, but new to overlanding.

My sons and I are outfitting our Jeep Wranglers for our adventures. Excited to be part of the community and hView attachment 150131ope to be able to get out again soon
Welcome to Overland Bound James.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello, I’m Devin out of Portland, OR.

Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD Pro

Experience: New to off-roading/overlanding, learning a lot from folks in my local community, forums, YouTube, podcasts – soaking it all up and having a blast.

I work as a digital marketer and spend most of my work hours in front of a computer. I love what I do but needed some contrast. Since purchasing my vehicle I’ve joined local off-roading groups and met some awesome people who have showed me the ropes. I’m hoping this community will provide similar kinds of interactions and encourage me to get out on the trails more often!

I’d say I’m in the rig-prep and skill building phase currently. My ultimate goal is to go on longer distance adventures with my wife and daughter – quality family time in the great outdoors.

Hope to talk shop with you all and see you on the trails!

Cheers,

Devin
Welcome Devin,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Munga Brown and @Gabriel Bozeman are your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call
This weeks topic will be covering Introduction to Overlanding Hosted by @Big G. Send Gary or myself any questions you have via Direct Message, we would love to hear from you.
Welcome once again Devin.
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Better late than never, eh?
I've been offroading and active in the community since I bought my first Jeep in 1995. I started on the East coast but I'm now located smack in the middle of the US. I have explored areas almost every state in the lower 48. I co-host The 4x4 Podcast, the longest-running offroad and overlanding podcast. Current vehicles in the garage are my 2017 Ram Rebel, 2003 Jeep TJ, 2017 Toyota Rav4 hybrid, and 1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4. For work, I've been in Emergency/Critical Care since 1992.

View attachment 150278
Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route. I was sleeping inside the truck (quite comfortably too) for this trip. The back seats fold up to form a platform that fits a sleeping pad perfectly. The only modification I'd suggest is a set of wind deflectors to accompany the screens I made. It would have been nice to help keep fresh air flowing and condensation out, while still providing some protection from the rain.
View attachment 150279
As the truck sits now. Switched to an ATC topper with a rack. Makes camping much better.
View attachment 150280
Newest trucks to the fleet are my son's first vehicle, a 1995 Ranger. This should be a fun project. As of last week, a 2003 Jeep TJ for my wife. This one is her DD and won't see much trail time.
View attachment 150284
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New member here from Redmond Oregon. My vehicle is a 1994 Ford Ranger 4 x 4 all stock. Love driving the BLM roads/ Trails, forest roads and exploring new places. Any other members here from Central Oregon?

PS, yes in this picture I was stuck on a rock LOL
Welcome Shawn ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Big G is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call
This week is Hosted by @Big G the topic of conversation is “New to Overlanding, do I really need______?” Send your questions to @Big G or myself and we will try and get them answered on Sunday’s call.

Welcome once again Shawn.
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My name is Chris. I drive a 2015 Tacoma, which is my daily driver. From Vancouver Wa. My wife and I are new to overloading. Looking forward to this new adventure!
Welcome Chris ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

This week @Big G is hosting the call and is taking questions you may have about Overlanding, Overland Bound, or anything else you might have questions on. Send @Big G, or myself any questions we would love to hear from you.

Welcome once again Chris.
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Kirk T

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Tylosky
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6NIE
Service Branch
Army and Navy
Hello Kirk (@Kirk T ), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham. Hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/AllStar enabled repeater don't worry, many of us use the app anyways.
Hello Prerunner1982,

Thanks for the invite. I will try to check it out. Right now all I have is an Yaesu FT60, so I will not be able to get on echo link I think; or can i get to it through a repeater? I need to research that. I would appreciate some feedback so i can get on the net for sure. I will be checking in on getting a radio that can get on the net through Echo link if not. I will go online through the link you provided and take a listen. I have an FTM400XDR also, but currently not hooked up. I will be installing it in the jeep very soon. I am waiting on my mounting option to get delivered.

Thanks,
Kirk

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Prerunner1982,

Thanks for the invite. I will try to check it out. Right now all I have is an Yaesu FT60, so I will not be able to get on echo link I think; or can i get to it through a repeater? I need to research that. I would appreciate some feedback so i can get on the net for sure. I will be checking in on getting a radio that can get on the net through Echo link if not. I will go online through the link you provided and take a listen. I have an FTM400XDR also, but currently not hooked up. I will be installing it in the jeep very soon. I am waiting on my mounting option to get delivered.

Thanks,
Kirk
If there is an echolink enabled repeater in your area you could use that, with the repeater owners/trustee permission of course.
Otherwise the Echolink app makes it easy to participate.

Reactions: Kent R and Kirk T