Launch Member

Contributor III

Texas, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
K
Member #

I've been subscribed to the overland bound youtube channel for a while now and finally got around to becoming a member. I've been overlanding for about 7 years now in the Western US. Looking forward to exploring more of the Overland Bound community.

CrashFireResq

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hanford, CA, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Affolter
Member #

Howdy everyone. My name is Doug & I am a new member. Great to be here. Been on the fence to becoming a member for awhile. Glad I finally got around to joining. I respect & appreciate the Community approach & family atmosphere. I currently have a stock 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, which I plan on doing a bit of work on to help me & my family join the great outdoors more. I look forward to being a member & thanks for having me!

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

FastLayne

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Layne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IQS
Hello everyone, new member from Anaheim, CA. I am an experienced camper, hiker, and off-roader, but new to the overlanding scene. I’m currently working on getting my HAM radio license. Trying to be patient with the current situation, but can’t wait to get out of the house and out of the city! My rig is a 04 Jeep WJ.

F2CC7FF9-8E98-4958-BE9E-00758E9F4ED9.jpeg

Kirk T

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Tylosky
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6NIE
Service Branch
Army and Navy
If there is an echolink enabled repeater in your area you could use that, with the repeater owners/trustee permission of course.
Otherwise the Echolink app makes it easy to participate.

Copy that, I will check. I believe there is at least one around me that I can pick up with my handheld. I am working on the APP. My FRN and password are having an issue, waiting on the FCC to get back with me so I can validate my Call sign. Almost there.

Thanks

Red_D

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hernando, MS, USA
First Name
Red
Last Name
Delarosa
Member #

Hello Overlanders!
I'm Red, new member as of today and looking forward to broadening my camping experiences! I'm retired USAF enlisted aircrew; C-17 Loadmaster, Master Sergeant type. I'm new to Mississippi and very new to this thing you guys call "overlanding"... and I'm thrilled to learn! I'm looking forward to some adventures and meeting good people.

Rig: 2020 4Runner TRD Off Road; pretty much stock everything as of right now

IMG_6906.jpeg

Red_D

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hernando, MS, USA
First Name
Red
Last Name
Delarosa
Member #

New member here from central Texas with a 19 JLU Rubicon, still has to be my daily driver so it’s not too built. Mostly done camping and road trips but looking to get more into overlanding. Howdy.
Howdy Nixx, I grew up out in West Texas near San Angelo. I miss being out there and touring around the Hill Country. Have you ever floated the Frio down in Concan? It's one step from heaven! I'm new to this group as well, just thought I'd say hello.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@skijunkie ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Trigger-11C

Rank 0

Contributor I

Near SOBX, NC
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Sooy
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Studying for it!
Hello everyone! My name is Richard, but I go by Ken because I'm a junior. I am married with 5 children! I am a retired infantryman and former NJ volunteer firefighter. I have some 4 wheeling experience but not Overlanding. My family and I love to fish, hunt, camp, and explore the outdoors! Overlanding is something new to me and something that appeals to my way of thinking! I am also a senior at UNCW majoring in environmental science with a biology focus. I am studying for my HAM license now. My current rig is a stock 2006 GMC Yukon (family vehicle). However, it's a 2-wheel drive! That's an oxymoron for an SUV lol! My former reg was a 1999 Jeep XJ with a little lift on 35s!
5692.jpg3127.pngYukon-Rear Pic.jpgYukon-Rear_Side Pic.jpgYukon-Front_Side Pic.jpg

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Sellyae1962

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

7368 Muirfield Drive, Ypsilanti, MI, USA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Emmons
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello Overlanders!
I'm Red, new member as of today and looking forward to broadening my camping experiences! I'm retired USAF enlisted aircrew; C-17 Loadmaster, Master Sergeant type. I'm new to Mississippi and very new to this thing you guys call "overlanding"... and I'm thrilled to learn! I'm looking forward to some adventures and meeting good people.

Rig: 2020 4Runner TRD Off Road; pretty much stock everything as of right now

View attachment 150338
Thanks for your service!!

AZBitHead

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hales
Member #

Hey all,

I'm Steve, just joined today. I'm a retired software engineer and I drive a 2016 Rubicon JKU pulling a Turtleback trailer. I've done a lot of 4 wheeling day trips over the years but I've been overlanding for just over a year. So far, I've been doing mostly two night trips around Arizona but I am looking forward to getting out to other states in the Southwest. Hope to see you folks out there!

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Steve (@AZBitHead ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Once we are allowed to congregate again, keep an eye our for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Prerunner1982,

Thanks for the invite. I will try to check it out. Right now all I have is an Yaesu FT60, so I will not be able to get on echo link I think; or can i get to it through a repeater? I need to research that. I would appreciate some feedback so i can get on the net for sure. I will be checking in on getting a radio that can get on the net through Echo link if not. I will go online through the link you provided and take a listen. I have an FTM400XDR also, but currently not hooked up. I will be installing it in the jeep very soon. I am waiting on my mounting option to get delivered.

Thanks,
Kirk
You can use EchoLink on your pc, tablet, or smart phone as well as direct access through an EchoLink repeater... I can’t seam to get onto EchoLink where I am at through the repeater systems because our repeater is in use during those times... I would listen in on my phone, but again due to the time I’m tied up in a local net.

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
Hello everyone, new member from Anaheim, CA. I am an experienced camper, hiker, and off-roader, but new to the overlanding scene. I’m currently working on getting my HAM radio license. Trying to be patient with the current situation, but can’t wait to get out of the house and out of the city! My rig is a 04 Jeep WJ.

View attachment 150334
Welcome to the group! I’m also in California and if you’re ever in the upper Los Angeles area let me know.