Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
First Name
alex
Last Name
tenhave
Member #

Joined a little while ago but finally getting around to really diving into the form. As far as overland and camping experience goes I am no expert by any means but I have been doing it for a few years now. And my rigs are a 2018 jeep Rubicon recon which is fairly stock for now lol and a 2010 jeep wrangler sport which is my bush buggy for exploring northwestern Ontario. Can't wait to see you all out on the trail.20191014_182517.jpg20191012_112959.jpg

PDXRNR

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Triana
Member #

Hello, I’m Devin out of Portland, OR.

Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD Pro

Experience: New to off-roading/overlanding, learning a lot from folks in my local community, forums, YouTube, podcasts – soaking it all up and having a blast.

I work as a digital marketer and spend most of my work hours in front of a computer. I love what I do but needed some contrast. Since purchasing my vehicle I’ve joined local off-roading groups and met some awesome people who have showed me the ropes. I’m hoping this community will provide similar kinds of interactions and encourage me to get out on the trails more often!

I’d say I’m in the rig-prep and skill building phase currently. My ultimate goal is to go on longer distance adventures with my wife and daughter – quality family time in the great outdoors.

Hope to talk shop with you all and see you on the trails!

Cheers,

Devin

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@jcatx ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

RAMM

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ballarat VIC, Australia
First Name
David
Last Name
Ramm
Member #

Ahoy there folks.

I just joined from Australia. Currently driving a mostly stock Landcruiser 76 series. The thing doesn't even have power windows or central locking, I love its simplicity.

The photo was taken on a day trip to Gunbower National Park on the border of Victoria and New south Wales about a week before everything started closing down. It wasn't serious Four wheel driving or touring, but there were still a few small bog holes to get through.

At any rate. I'm looking forward to the community.

Cheers

profile.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ahoy there folks.

I just joined from Australia. Currently driving a mostly stock Landcruiser 76 series. The thing doesn't even have power windows or central locking, I love its simplicity.

The photo was taken on a day trip to Gunbower National Park on the border of Victoria and New south Wales about a week before everything started closing down. It wasn't serious Four wheel driving or touring, but there were still a few small bog holes to get through.

At any rate. I'm looking forward to the community.

Cheers

View attachment 150274
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ben.dicoot
Your Regional Director is @Luis Merlo for additional help or information.

Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey-o
My names Corban, I work as a CAD Technician and I don’t currently have a rig of my own. I’m in the market, but still undecided on what I want to build. Hoping to get some inspiration here on some options ahead of me.
Welcome to Overland Bound Corban.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, I’m new here and a novice.
I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. We are both retired and hope to start soon.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all
Names Dane live in kentucky and i have a 2019 ram rebel im going to be working on
Ive always been a camping/off roading kind of person just figured this was the next step and it really interested me
Welcome To Overland Bound Dane.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @NC-Trooper @Ohio Valley Overland

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Devin out of Portland, OR.

Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD Pro

Experience: New to off-roading/overlanding, learning a lot from folks in my local community, forums, YouTube, podcasts – soaking it all up and having a blast.

I work as a digital marketer and spend most of my work hours in front of a computer. I love what I do but needed some contrast. Since purchasing my vehicle I’ve joined local off-roading groups and met some awesome people who have showed me the ropes. I’m hoping this community will provide similar kinds of interactions and encourage me to get out on the trails more often!

I’d say I’m in the rig-prep and skill building phase currently. My ultimate goal is to go on longer distance adventures with my wife and daughter – quality family time in the great outdoors.

Hope to talk shop with you all and see you on the trails!

Cheers,

Devin
Welcome to Overland Bound Devin.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Munga Brown
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Joined a little while ago but finally getting around to really diving into the form. As far as overland and camping experience goes I am no expert by any means but I have been doing it for a few years now. And my rigs are a 2018 jeep Rubicon recon which is fairly stock for now lol and a 2010 jeep wrangler sport which is my bush buggy for exploring northwestern Ontario. Can't wait to see you all out on the trail.View attachment 150242View attachment 150243
Welcome to Overland Bound

Rich_the4x4podcast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lawrence KS
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Young
Member #

Better late than never, eh?
I've been offroading and active in the community since I bought my first Jeep in 1995. I started on the East coast but I'm now located smack in the middle of the US. I have explored areas almost every state in the lower 48. I co-host The 4x4 Podcast, the longest-running offroad and overlanding podcast. Current vehicles in the garage are my 2017 Ram Rebel, 2003 Jeep TJ, 2017 Toyota Rav4 hybrid, and 1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4. For work, I've been in Emergency/Critical Care since 1992.

20181004_204214.jpg
Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route. I was sleeping inside the truck (quite comfortably too) for this trip. The back seats fold up to form a platform that fits a sleeping pad perfectly. The only modification I'd suggest is a set of wind deflectors to accompany the screens I made. It would have been nice to help keep fresh air flowing and condensation out, while still providing some protection from the rain.
20190604_084007.jpg
As the truck sits now. Switched to an ATC topper with a rack. Makes camping much better.
20200312_151246.jpg
Newest trucks to the fleet are my son's first vehicle, a 1995 Ranger. This should be a fun project. As of last week, a 2003 Jeep TJ for my wife. This one is her DD and won't see much trail time.
20200413_184221.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Better late than never, eh?
I've been offroading and active in the community since I bought my first Jeep in 1995. I started on the East coast but I'm now located smack in the middle of the US. I have explored areas almost every state in the lower 48. I co-host The 4x4 Podcast, the longest-running offroad and overlanding podcast. Current vehicles in the garage are my 2017 Ram Rebel, 2003 Jeep TJ, 2017 Toyota Rav4 hybrid, and 1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4. For work, I've been in Emergency/Critical Care since 1992.

View attachment 150278
Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route. I was sleeping inside the truck (quite comfortably too) for this trip. The back seats fold up to form a platform that fits a sleeping pad perfectly. The only modification I'd suggest is a set of wind deflectors to accompany the screens I made. It would have been nice to help keep fresh air flowing and condensation out, while still providing some protection from the rain.
View attachment 150279
As the truck sits now. Switched to an ATC topper with a rack. Makes camping much better.
View attachment 150280
Newest trucks to the fleet are my son's first vehicle, a 1995 Ranger. This should be a fun project. As of last week, a 2003 Jeep TJ for my wife. This one is her DD and won't see much trail time.
View attachment 150284
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Iwata77
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here and excited to be part of the team! I'm from Champaign, Il and I drive a 2006 Lexus GX470! Still mostly stock aside from wheels, I'm excited to start the build process and join you fellow member out in the trails once I graduate!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, I’m in Ventura, Ca. I drive an ‘02 Ford F-250 crewcab 4x4. I’d call myself a veteran off roader but no rock crawler. I’m in it for the beauty and the solitude I’m not out to conquer anything. My favorite place is the Desert. I’m here to learn about new things and new places thanks for having me.View attachment 150234
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west