Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Deer Lodge, Powell County, Montana, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Closson
Member #

Hi everyone! I'm a beginner overlander, experienced outdoorsman. I'm currently living in Burwell located in central Nebraska. My rig is a '99 P38 Range Rover. I have had many mechanical repairs and am now moving towards building up the rig for longer trips. I look forward to meeting new friends and finding others with Land Rovers!

Attachments

Mountainwarrior

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort George G Meade, Maryland, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Potter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4IHR
Service Branch
Army
Greetings fellow Overlander’s. Just joined and waiting on my member number email. But why wait on the intro post.

Stationed at Fort Gordon, GA
Current rig is 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon.
New to the “Overlanding“ lifestyle but not to camping and off-roading.

Overlanding for us is a family affair with a 17 and 14 year old. Then hopefully in 4 years when I retire me and the wife will begin our Epic Retirement Road Trip and full time out of 2020 Wangler JLU.

5DC438D6-08F9-49C0-B255-4B40C6285F5D.jpeg

Hautala88

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
austin
Last Name
hautala
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Austin.
I'm an Arizona native and still living/exploring here
My "rig" is a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD with some small mods ie: 33" KO2's + led light pods/bar (which I'm actually trying to sell to buy a Tacoma or Land Cruiser because I want something a bit smaller and with 4WD.)
I have never "overlanded" before, but I want to get into it and off-roading in general. I go camping all the time up north and hiking. So having a vehicle that is capable of going to remote areas sounds very appealing to me.

I found the Overland Bound YouTube page recently and have been binge watching all of the videos and learning a lot. Also, the whole community here seems like such a great group of people!

69886445_1324417741062711_4078256161210499072_n.jpg

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hey all,

My name is Chris and I currently reside in NW Washington. I'm finally reaching a point in my life that allows for more than long hikes and weekend car camping.

More gearhead than gear-junkie. I've been a Tech for the last decade. I enjoy long walks on deserted beaches, meaningful conversation, and day dreaming about KOH.

I drive a 2008 Silverado 1500 that I've owned since 2011. I look forward to engaging in the community and the Full Size segment. As well, I hope to do a WABDR run at some point in the (uncertain) future. Cheers and thanks for being around.

Lincoln7

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia
First Name
Lincoln
Last Name
Hello everyone! I’m Lincoln and I live in Virginia. I’ve been fixing up and modifying a Grand Wagoneer for trips and adventures with a specific plan to explore Moab this year (first time). I spend most of my off road travels in Outer Banks, NC and Shenandoah Valley, VA. I’ve been enjoying great threads and information from this forum for some time now. Happy travels!268842E2-BCAB-4B22-ACA8-21945700E26C.jpeg6EA14850-C12B-4CCF-B6A8-6BDE5FECA2FE.jpeg

Goodiebear95

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
First Name
logan
Last Name
goode
Member #

Hi everyone, my names logan. Currently working on outfitting my new Jeep wrangler(gotta wait till I get back home). Live in tennessee currently but usually head to the rockies and explore over summers with the dog. Planning out a full cross continent adventure when i move to alaska in a few months.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my names logan. Currently working on outfitting my new Jeep wrangler(gotta wait till I get back home). Live in tennessee currently but usually head to the rockies and explore over summers with the dog. Planning out a full cross continent adventure when i move to alaska in a few months.
Welcome To Overland Bound Logan.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
If you need information to help with your trip planing to Alaska, check out the regional pages for specific information. Once in Alaska @beyondthepavement will be your local Member Rep, don't hesitate to contact hime about things gong on in Alaska.
Safe travels.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I’m Lincoln and I live in Virginia. I’ve been fixing up and modifying a Grand Wagoneer for trips and adventures with a specific plan to explore Moab this year (first time). I spend most of my off road travels in Outer Banks, NC and Shenandoah Valley, VA. I’ve been enjoying great threads and information from this forum for some time now. Happy travels!View attachment 148773View attachment 148774
Welcome to Overland Bound Lincoln.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Th closest Member Representatives to you are @cgflyer @JRElaxED @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

My name is Chris and I currently reside in NW Washington. I'm finally reaching a point in my life that allows for more than long hikes and weekend car camping.

More gearhead than gear-junkie. I've been a Tech for the last decade. I enjoy long walks on deserted beaches, meaningful conversation, and day dreaming about KOH.

I drive a 2008 Silverado 1500 that I've owned since 2011. I look forward to engaging in the community and the Full Size segment. As well, I hope to do a WABDR run at some point in the (uncertain) future. Cheers and thanks for being around.
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My "rig" is a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD with some small mods ie: 33" KO2's + led light pods/bar (which I'm actually trying to sell to buy a Tacoma or Land Cruiser because I want something a bit smaller and with 4WD.)
I have never "overlanded" before, but I want to get into it and off-roading in general. I go camping all the time up north and hiking. So having a vehicle that is capable of going to remote areas sounds very appealing to me.

I found the Overland Bound YouTube page recently and have been binge watching all of the videos and learning a lot. Also, the whole community here seems like such a great group of people!

View attachment 148741
Welcome to Overland Bound Austin.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings fellow Overlander’s. Just joined and waiting on my member number email. But why wait on the intro post.

Stationed at Fort Gordon, GA
Current rig is 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon.
New to the “Overlanding“ lifestyle but not to camping and off-roading.

Overlanding for us is a family affair with a 17 and 14 year old. Then hopefully in 4 years when I retire me and the wife will begin our Epic Retirement Road Trip and full time out of 2020 Wangler JLU.

View attachment 148719
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I'm a beginner overlander, experienced outdoorsman. I'm currently living in Burwell located in central Nebraska. My rig is a '99 P38 Range Rover. I have had many mechanical repairs and am now moving towards building up the rig for longer trips. I look forward to meeting new friends and finding others with Land Rovers!
Welcome to Overland Bound Trent.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @igtyr6 @Iwata77
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
New to this forum, just joined a few minutes ago.
Not new to overland though.
Location - Any where on the west coast, but mainly Coastal Region of Central/Northern California.
Vehicle - Toyota 4Runner TRD and FJ-40
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello,
New to this forum, just joined a few minutes ago.
Not new to overland though.
Location - Any where on the west coast, but mainly Coastal Region of Central/Northern California.
Vehicle - Toyota 4Runner TRD and FJ-40
Where in NorCal are you? @Magic Mike or myself can point you in the direction of a local meet up depending where you are.

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for April and beyond! Our next meet up is online Saturday April 11th, 1PM via ZOOM. Normally we meet the second Sunday, but it’s Easter :)

Here is the Zoom info:
Zoom Meet Up This Saturday April 11th, 1-1:45pm

We will be discussing:
Roll call
Mojave Road Clean Up Trip Report
Summer trips starting June through October/November
Recovery gear suggestions

Info to join the meeting online:
Topic: Tri-Valley Overland Bound Meeting
Time: Apr 11, 2020 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting now
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board...
us04web.zoom.us
us04web.zoom.us

Meeting ID: 261 149 0195
Password: 5e50Dv

(copy the password and then click on the link)
This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! I’m Lincoln and I live in Virginia. I’ve been fixing up and modifying a Grand Wagoneer for trips and adventures with a specific plan to explore Moab this year (first time). I spend most of my off road travels in Outer Banks, NC and Shenandoah Valley, VA. I’ve been enjoying great threads and information from this forum for some time now. Happy travels!View attachment 148773View attachment 148774
Hello Lincoln, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everybody!
Currently resides in Bend OR
Preferred mode of travel: VW Syncros
Experience: Expert - I consider my rig to be my home over my house! But I still learn something new everytime I get out there.View attachment 148812
Greetings Kevin, welcome to the OB community. I may be your closest Members Representative so if you have any comments or questions feel free to contact me. I am attaching post I sent out last night you may be interested in concerning Comms. Hope you can join us on this conference call.
Good evening everyone, hope you are all doing ok and have been able to avoid the virus. The following information is being sent to you so you can mark your calendars and join us for this week's conference call.

Since the COVID Pandemic is spreading a crossed the globe, we here at Overland Bound are encouraging “Shelter In Place” and “Social Distancing” practices.

Myself and the rest of the Northwest Overland Bound Representative Team have come up with a solution:

Sunday Night Conference Call

This is going to be every week and hosted by one of our Northwest Member Reps and our Regional Director.

Let's keep in touch and share Ideas during these hard times so we can plan some great trips for when the world returns to a more normal state.

For most of you, I am probably your closest Member Representative. Feel free to message me any time if you have any OB questions.

Also If you have an Idea of a call topic we would love to hear that too.

Talk to you soon!

Big G/Gary Cloud

Northwest Member Representative
Southern Oregon

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Logan, welcome to the OB community. Love your traveling mate.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all,

Hello Chris, welcome to the OB community. I also drive a Silverado however its a bit different and older: 1988 2500 4x4 regular cab with 8ft bed.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

View attachment 148741
Hello Austin, welcome to the OB community. Glad you found us and you are correct, its a great group to be a part of.