Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New here and just starting to learn more about overlanding. Also still learning some offroad features of this rig.

We have a '17 4runner TRD offroad bought used a year ago from Florida and drove all the way up here in Elk Grove where we settled in.
Welcome to Overland Bound, it was great to meet you last night at Gold Country Overland meetup. As @Kent R said I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse the New Member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. There is a local meetup in Elk Grove, refer to Rally point or the calendar for dates & times.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail.

Mike

LVKE.A.SHOOTS

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Newport Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Agajanian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
JiuJitsu4me
HOWDEY, I meet 0000 today at an expo. I grew up in East County San Diego building and driving an old CJ-5 and later a Defender-90 but 20 years later I now reside in Newport Beach, recently married, and I now have a newborn daughter and looking to share the outdoor lifestyle I grew up with, with her. I have a 2018 RAM Rebel with ram box's..... im fabricating up a rack/camper for it now. taking it slow, learning as I go, and building/buying when I see the need. Other hobbies include BJJ, Spearfishing, competitive shooting sports, and wakeboarding. ANY advice is welcome.
A Nugz wave.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ralph (@ironguy) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sebastian (@altx), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Powers
Hello Fellow Guardians! Ron here with a quick intro. 30+ years as a first responder. My truck is a 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro4x with 110k miles. Plans to build out for the wife and I to travel full time. I debated about using this current truck, or moving to a Toyota, Dodge Rebel, Chevy ZR2, etc. In the end, it’s paid for and I’ve been meticulous on the maintenance. I’m sure it will do what we need it to do. I also have 25k miles on my 2016 Honda Africa Twin for solo journey’s. The wife and I have plans to detour and follow the brown signs to wherever they lead. The road will also lead to where the general camping community does not travel. I’ll share current mods/future plans in another post. Thanks for having us!

1583788941156.png

View attachment 143733
1583788735498.png
View attachment 143733

JORCAN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Woodlands, Texas, United States
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Cantres
Member #

G'day from Australia,

Even though the supermarkets are all out of toilet paper, the fires have stopped and there has been some good rain :sunglasses:. Life is good here in Australia - just waiting for Coronavirus to hit. :mask: Time to go bush!

I drive a 2011 FJ Cruiser and more recently have been towing an off road trailer. I've been writing/photographing/videoing for some of the major off road/overlanding magazines for the last 9 years. (www.garytischer.com)Travelled to many overlanding locations across the country. I should be at Overland West in a couple of months so hope to meet some of you there.

View attachment 143196
Awesome rig, I'm researching off road trailers as we speak. I'm planning on going to Overland West. hope to meet you there.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Fellow Guardians! Ron here with a quick intro. 30+ years as a first responder. My truck is a 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro4x with 110k miles. Plans to build out for the wife and I to travel full time. I debated about using this current truck, or moving to a Toyota, Dodge Rebel, Chevy ZR2, etc. In the end, it’s paid for and I’ve been meticulous on the maintenance. I’m sure it will do what we need it to do. I also have 25k miles on my 2016 Honda Africa Twin for solo journey’s. The wife and I have plans to detour and follow the brown signs to wherever they lead. The road will also lead to where the general camping community does not travel. I’ll share current mods/future plans in another post. Thanks for having us!

View attachment 143736

View attachment 143733
View attachment 143734
View attachment 143733
Hey Ron welcome to the OB community.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

View attachment 143736

View attachment 143733
View attachment 143734
View attachment 143733
Hello Ron, Welcome to the Overland Community! Michelle and I are just a bit north of you on Camano Island. Thank you for serving your community for so long! I also have served many years as a first responder as a volunteer firefighter and in Search & Rescue. Sounds like you are making a good choice in using your current vehicle, we have several that we have had forever and know them inside and out which helps on the trail when something goes wrong. Takes a lot of repair orders to equal up to the payments of a new rig, then you have to worry about that first ding lol. Your bike looks like fun, I try to avoid off pavement on my Harley, but it does seem to happen on occasion. Hope to see you at a meetup or out on the trail soon.

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Powers
Hello Ron, Welcome to the Overland Community! Michelle and I are just a bit north of you on Camano Island. Thank you for serving your community for so long! I also have served many years as a first responder as a volunteer firefighter and in Search & Rescue. Sounds like you are making a good choice in using your current vehicle, we have several that we have had forever and know them inside and out which helps on the trail when something goes wrong. Takes a lot of repair orders to equal up to the payments of a new rig, then you have to worry about that first ding lol. Your bike looks like fun, I try to avoid off pavement on my Harley, but it does seem to happen on occasion. Hope to see you at a meetup or out on the trail soon.
Hard to travel from Camano Island- that's near textbook perfect. Thanks for the nice welcome. I'm still drawn to the new shiny things, but I agree, knowing the truck will be helpful. A lot of my long rides are with a friend who rides the textbook Harley. He has a K9 trailer he tows, with the St. Bernard poking her head up for the entire trip. It's great, but every stop takes an hour while he bask in the glory of "what a great guy he is" (and photos...). That Honda is a big bike for an inexperienced rider to be taking down anything but near groomed trails. I did a several day WABDR trip last June - great trip but by the end I was ready to bail.

Reactions: Kent R

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hard to travel from Camano Island- that's near textbook perfect. Thanks for the nice welcome. I'm still drawn to the new shiny things, but I agree, knowing the truck will be helpful. A lot of my long rides are with a friend who rides the textbook Harley. He has a K9 trailer he tows, with the St. Bernard poking her head up for the entire trip. It's great, but every stop takes an hour while he bask in the glory of "what a great guy he is" (and photos...). That Honda is a big bike for an inexperienced rider to be taking down anything but near groomed trails. I did a several day WABDR trip last June - great trip but by the end I was ready to bail.
The island is getting more and more crowded unfortunately, but still cant beat watching the sunsets over the water. We have been thinking about getting a dog trailer for our German Shepard, we have not taken any long rides much since we rescued here last year as we don't like to leave here with anyone She is kind of spoiled. lol

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

View attachment 143736

View attachment 143733
View attachment 143734
View attachment 143733
Welcome Ron, I too served for 15 years in the US Army. Thank you for your service.

I would like to introduce myself and the rest of the Member Representative Team. I am Mike R (@M Rose) the NorthwestRegional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) is your closest Member Rep. Gabe also runs the Overland Bound Northwest Facebook page. @Sandpoint Steve is the Idaho member Representative. Steve Is a huge asset to the ten helping us organize trail runs and teaching members how to use the tech gadgets. @Munga Brown is the Oregon Member Representative, he is dedicated to serving those on the coast looking for places to explore and finding events to attend along the Oregon Coast.

Overland Bound is more than just a forum where we discuss Overlanding. We are a community dedicated to Vehicle Dependent Travels throughout our natural environment. We are stuarts to the trail systems.

The Northwest Region is one of, if not the , fastest growing Overland Bound Regions in the world. From an Overlanders prospective we have it all. From the jungles of the Olympic Rain Forrest, to the Cascade Wonder Lands, to the central deserts, and every thing in between, we have it all right here.
We have several events on the 2020 calendar thus far. The big ones are:

March 14, 2020 11:00 am PST is the Southern Oregon Meet and Greet in Grants Pass Oregon hosted by @Big G at the“Black Forrest Family Restaurant “. This is an event to gather members from Norther California and Southern Oregon and discuss future overland events. I understand this event might be a bit of a drive for you and awful short notice. I only mention it because there is also a couple of campouts being worked as we speak in the GP region. Contact @Big G for more information.

We have two reoccurring conference calls each month on the third Sunday of the month. The first is the Treasure Valley Conference Call hosted by @Dave H. at 6:30 pm PST where members in the Boise Metro Area discuss trail rides, campouts, and spring time get togethers. This is fallowed by @Sandpoint Steve ‘s Inland Northwest Conference Call. The Inland Northwest CC is a round table discussion on topics that Steve feels the need to address. Last month we talked about how to set up a Rally Point and the month before was on trail coms. Both calls are a wealth of information and I highly encourage the 2 hour block of time to get a chance to share ideas with other members through the region.

March 28, 2020 10:00 am pst NwOr SwW Monthly Meetup at Mule Expedition Outfitters in Tualatin, Oregon is hosted by @Spud.Built. This will be the second meetup held at Mule Expedition Outfitters. I don’t have a whole lot of details but contact @Spud.Built for more information.

April- @Gabriel Bozeman hosts a monthly campout in the Olympic Mountains and/or the Cascades. The dates and locations change each month. Check out Washington Monthly Campout to see what the past campouts have been like.

June is a busy month, The Northwest Overland Rally (June 18-21), BC Overland Rally (June 25-28) and then WABDR sections before and after the NWOR. Contact me for more information on how to attend these events. Tickets are on sale now until the end of the month.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon is going to be a fun expedition on @2RiversRanchExpeditions personal Ranch.

September 4-7 (Labor Day Weekend) the 1st Northwest Regional Campout in Southeast Washington Northeast Oregon. Mark the dates on your calendar and keep watching for this event to post as the final stages of planning are completed.

If you have questions about any of these events, or any other information do t hesitate to contact myself or any of the Member Representatives .

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Wy_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fremont County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Goss
Member #

Hello. My name is James. I am from Wyoming. The family and I love to explore and go on adventures. Our rig is a 2013 Toyota Tacoma. I have a good strong moderate experience in overlanding.

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone!
I am new here from the midwest(Missouri) new to the overland scene but would live to learn more and travel more. But here is my 2014 Lexus GX460 with a 2.5 lift and 33in tires
View attachment 143741
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Jason

Reactions: Kent R

Buffalo-Goen

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Muri AG, Switzerland
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Latham
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
HI everybody
My name is Gordon (Expat from South Africa)
I now live in Muri AG, central Switzerland (Mountain country)
RIG: 1991 Jeep Wrangler YJ20170610_150907.jpg

Wanting to get out there and do some overlanding :)

Mbradenc

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Glendale, AZ, USA
First Name
Braden
Last Name
Mathews
Member #

IMG_20200306_113919_201.jpg
Hello everybody,

I am Braden Mathews and I'm currently driving a 2003 Chevy Avalanche WBH. Not my first rig but by far the absolute best all around I've ever dealt with. It is still in the very early stages of the build, but it has been with me and my family for the last 8 years and nearly 150k of the 280k miles it has on it. I am from Idaho but am currently living in Arizona until Uncle Sam decides I need to live somewhere else. I have a good bit of experience offroading, it's how we'd spend our weekends when we could get away from the farm. I was blessed to live in an area where there's so much to see, and hope someday to see it all. Arizona has so far proved to be much the same in that regard.

Don't fear the full-size.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Braden (@Mbradenc ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for an occasional East Valley meet up in Gilbert.

FlatlanderMO

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Maine, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
G
Member #

Hello new family.

I have been lurking for a while as I gained interest in over landing. I have read hundreds of posts to help me with the purchase of my new rig. Found a bone stock 2013 TE 4runner that is ready for a transformation and make many memories in the upcoming years.

I am a Navy Veteran relocated to the great state of Maine. My son (9yo) and wife enjoy the outdoors and am focusing my build to better support getting away to northern Maine on the weekends. Our overlanding will primarily be logging roads in search of remote Brooks to catch native brookies and camping then making the trip back home before Monday to get back to work.

I am a total newbie when it come to the 4runner and look forward to utilizing this group for the build and hopefully return the favor to the next member with knowledge gained. I am going to start a build thread and share my three phase project plan and hopefully end up with a capable rig when it is done.

The snow is melting so time to get started. See you in the forums and possibly on the trail. 20200308_071236.jpg

Contributor I

Santa Clara, CA
First Name
Bernie
Last Name
Martin
So new guy here to "overlanding" , but have been camping my entire life and wheeling since the early 90's.
Live in Santa Clara, CA
My daily drive is a 2008 Tundra with a few suspension and power-train mods
My regular wheeler started off in 2005 as a bone stock 86 Samurai, but really the only Samurai left is the hood and registration.
20190801_173647.jpg20190810_080600.jpg20191026_081606.jpg20191026_081833.jpgIMG_20190801_172427_403.jpgIMG_20190829_181624_547.jpg