Launch Member

Contributor III

Warwickshire
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Gould
Member #

Hi all. Pretty new to 'Overlanding' done plenty of camping over the years, but looking to start heading further afield. Did have a converted Nissan Patrol (old leaf sprung) with roof tent etc, but have just changed to a Jeep Earthroamer XV-JP. Oh, and based in the UK, in Warwickshire. Pictures of old rig (still have at present) and new rig.IMG_20200221_1214539~2.jpgIMG_20180819_1624073.jpg

Evan G

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pleasanton, CA, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Goodrich
1) I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area ,CA
2) My rig is a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek, mods: 20 inch in-grille light bar, yellow fogs, ADF ditch light setup, Trigger System for lights, (still work in progress)
3) My overland experience is pretty low, been on some dirt roads, but nothing to serious. want to get out there more but don’t no exactly where to start. I have some experience camping, hiking, fishing, ect. Would like to see how some other Subies are set up!

Whodat4ever

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado Springs
First Name
Prentiss
Last Name
Hammons
Hello One and All,
I hale from hardcore Jeep country, Colorado, and I'm new to overlanding. I've been jeeping for years and I have a rock crawling rig that can go most places, but as I get more experienced (read older) I find I'd like to spend some time overlanding some of the less hardcore spots and trails. To that end I have decided to turn a 2018 JLU into my overland vehicle. I've already added 35" tires and a Gobi Stealth Rack and I plan to add a Road-shower but I will be looking for advise on almost everything else. Since I don't have an overland machine to show off yet, I posted a picture of my garage, you might say I'm an enthusiast.20200310_132954.jpg

RonH

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rosemount, MN
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Hello all! Ron here.

Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma Off-road short bed
Experience: Complicated? :) Novice to overlanding

I have camped my entire life and the last 5-6 years I have done some motorcycle camping both Dual Sport and Touring. I decided to transition to vehicle based with a Ford F 150 long bed.. after deciding it was way to big and limiting I decided to go with a Tacoma.

I’ve started building out the new rig and am looking forward to exploring.. its going to be lots of fun.

Ron

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

View attachment 143893
Hello everybody,

I am Braden Mathews and I'm currently driving a 2003 Chevy Avalanche WBH. Not my first rig but by far the absolute best all around I've ever dealt with. It is still in the very early stages of the build, but it has been with me and my family for the last 8 years and nearly 150k of the 280k miles it has on it. I am from Idaho but am currently living in Arizona until Uncle Sam decides I need to live somewhere else. I have a good bit of experience offroading, it's how we'd spend our weekends when we could get away from the farm. I was blessed to live in an area where there's so much to see, and hope someday to see it all. Arizona has so far proved to be much the same in that regard.

Don't fear the full-size.
Welcome!!

I had an 02 Avalanche for several years... absolutely loved that thing!!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all! Ron here.

Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma Off-road short bed
Experience: Complicated? :) Novice to overlanding

I have camped my entire life and the last 5-6 years I have done some motorcycle camping both Dual Sport and Touring. I decided to transition to vehicle based with a Ford F 150 long bed.. after deciding it was way to big and limiting I decided to go with a Tacoma.

I’ve started building out the new rig and am looking forward to exploring.. its going to be lots of fun.

Ron
Hi Ron, welcome to the OB community.

Angel Rivera

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello One and All,
I hale from hardcore Jeep country, Colorado, and I'm new to overlanding. I've been jeeping for years and I have a rock crawling rig that can go most places, but as I get more experienced (read older) I find I'd like to spend some time overlanding some of the less hardcore spots and trails. To that end I have decided to turn a 2018 JLU into my overland vehicle. I've already added 35" tires and a Gobi Stealth Rack and I plan to add a Road-shower but I will be looking for advise on almost everything else. Since I don't have an overland machine to show off yet, I posted a picture of my garage, you might say I'm an enthusiast.View attachment 144016
Welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
1) I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area ,CA
2) My rig is a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek, mods: 20 inch in-grille light bar, yellow fogs, ADF ditch light setup, Trigger System for lights, (still work in progress)
3) My overland experience is pretty low, been on some dirt roads, but nothing to serious. want to get out there more but don’t no exactly where to start. I have some experience camping, hiking, fishing, ect. Would like to see how some other Subies are set up!
Welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all. Pretty new to 'Overlanding' done plenty of camping over the years, but looking to start heading further afield. Did have a converted Nissan Patrol (old leaf sprung) with roof tent etc, but have just changed to a Jeep Earthroamer XV-JP. Oh, and based in the UK, in Warwickshire. Pictures of old rig (still have at present) and new rig.View attachment 144008View attachment 144009
Hello Andrew, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
So new guy here to "overlanding" , but have been camping my entire life and wheeling since the early 90's.
Live in Santa Clara, CA
My daily drive is a 2008 Tundra with a few suspension and power-train mods
My regular wheeler started off in 2005 as a bone stock 86 Samurai, but really the only Samurai left is the hood and registration.
View attachment 144002View attachment 144003View attachment 144004View attachment 144005View attachment 144006View attachment 144007
Hi Bernie, welcome to the OB communty.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey there, I'm Phil (OB #22082) from central Massachusetts! My wife and I are new to overlanding but have a little experience off-road. I drive a 2019 Silverado LT Trail Boss and would love to hear from you guys on the best way to start gearing her up!
View attachment 143984
Hi Phil, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello new family.

I have been lurking for a while as I gained interest in over landing. I have read hundreds of posts to help me with the purchase of my new rig. Found a bone stock 2013 TE 4runner that is ready for a transformation and make many memories in the upcoming years.

I am a Navy Veteran relocated to the great state of Maine. My son (9yo) and wife enjoy the outdoors and am focusing my build to better support getting away to northern Maine on the weekends. Our overlanding will primarily be logging roads in search of remote Brooks to catch native brookies and camping then making the trip back home before Monday to get back to work.

I am a total newbie when it come to the 4runner and look forward to utilizing this group for the build and hopefully return the favor to the next member with knowledge gained. I am going to start a build thread and share my three phase project plan and hopefully end up with a capable rig when it is done.

The snow is melting so time to get started. See you in the forums and possibly on the trail. View attachment 143906
Welcome to the OB community Chris, and thank you for your service.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all, my name is lake (Yes, like the body of water) I drive a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ, it's been my daily driver for 3 years. I'm a very experienced camper/outdoorsman but just recently decided I'm going to build my TJ into an overland rig.
Welcome to the OB community Lake.

Reactions: Kent R and PNW_418