Member II

Anacortes, WA, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Logan
Member #

GREETINGS!
My name is Ethan Logan. My wife Bonnie and I are from Fidalgo Island in the beautiful Puget Sound. Most of my off-road experience is mountain biking and dual-sport motorcycles, but we’re super excited to launch ourselves into the Overland Bound culture and experience.
Our rig is a 2002 4Runner SR5 4x4 named “Bernhard”. He’s still a work in progress, but now he’s got a cb radio and good tread on the tires, so we’re gonna take him places.
Thanks!

Attachments

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

GREETINGS!
My name is Ethan Logan. My wife Bonnie and I are from Fidalgo Island in the beautiful Puget Sound. Most of my off-road experience is mountain biking and dual-sport motorcycles, but we’re super excited to launch ourselves into the Overland Bound culture and experience.
Our rig is a 2002 4Runner SR5 4x4 named “Bernhard”. He’s still a work in progress, but now he’s got a cb radio and good tread on the tires, so we’re gonna take him places.
Thanks!
Welcome Ethan!

Reactions: Kent R

Slackeraz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Mat
Last Name
Eastlack
Member #

Cope51

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Waukee, IA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Copeland
Member #

Hey all. My name is Jason Copeland. Been wheeling for quite awhile now. Discovered overlanding a few years ago and was happy to find a style that fit what I like to do best. I live in central Iowa but I’ve been exploring around the Mark Twain forests in MO and other parts of the Ozarks for the past couple years now. I drive a 2013 JK that’s also my daily driver so i don’t get too crazy with it. Looking forward to connecting with other overlanders around where I like to explore.0B2F7E1D-58AC-4642-940B-EF2D5B975878.jpegCCA19C8E-48EC-41CF-9456-40DCD03B7512.jpeg

seyc

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

South Puget Sound
First Name
Mia
Last Name
Lutra
Member #

Hi. I am new here. I have a 19 Tundra. I am here to learn all the new things. This was one of the few pictures of the entire tundra on my computer. It now has a camper shell, and probably a few more things (the problem with itty bitty thumbnails). I am thinking about putting a rack on it so a tent can go above and I have more storage in the bed.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all. I ´m new here too. Found this forum because of a crazy drawer video by michael.
My current rig is a 2011 tundra quad cab. We go camping a lot with the kids in tents. Done a couple of more overland style trip with wife and friends but its all budget oriented lol.
here is a picture. I dont have one with the bed setup but its pretty basic, big homemade bedslide with a kitchen drawer that i swap between the truck and the camp when we set up there. Got myself a big engel fridge for a song, looking for ways to make it functionnal under the awning. Will post pics.
View attachment 140835
Welcome to the OB community Hugo.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Rubber_Hatchet welcome Ethan and Bonnie from Eastern Oregon.
You are in the Overland Bound Northwest Region. @Kent R is the acting Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. @Munga Brown (Oregon Coast) @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) and myself @Slimpartywagon (Oregon East) are also member Reps for the region.

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
KJ7MFV
Northwest Overland Member Representative

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@seyc Welcome Mia,
Nice looking Toy. To post larger pictures, just click insert full size under the picture.

You are in the Overland Bound Northwest Region. @Kent R is the acting Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. @Munga Brown (Oregon Coast) @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) and myself @Slimpartywagon (Oregon East) are also member Reps for the region.

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
KJ7MFV
Northwest Overland Member Representative

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi. I am new here. I have a 19 Tundra. I am here to learn all the new things. This was one of the few pictures of the entire tundra on my computer. It now has a camper shell, and probably a few more things (the problem with itty bitty thumbnails). I am thinking about putting a rack on it so a tent can go above and I have more storage in the bed.
Welcome to the OB community Mia.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
GREETINGS!
Thanks!
Welcome to the OB community Ethan and Bonnie,

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all. My name is Jason Copeland. Been wheeling for quite awhile now. Discovered overlanding a few years ago and was happy to find a style that fit what I like to do best. I live in central Iowa but I’ve been exploring around the Mark Twain forests in MO and other parts of the Ozarks for the past couple years now. I drive a 2013 JK that’s also my daily driver so i don’t get too crazy with it. Looking forward to connecting with other overlanders around where I like to explore.View attachment 140846View attachment 140853
Welcome to the OB community Jason.

Tango Tiger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Howdy! New member from Texas
2018 4Runner

Looking for inspiration for the build and future trip ideas
Welcome aboard. I’m also in Texas and drive a ‘18 4Runner TRD OR. I’m certain you will find no shortage of build ideas, gear ideas, and trip ideas.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
GREETINGS!
Thanks!
Ethan & Bonnie, Welcome! always great to see another new local member, we are just a few miles from you on Camano Island. We look forward to seeing you at an event or on the trail soon.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Squidly1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Conway, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Terrance
Last Name
Bias
Member #

Name: Terry
Tentative Rig Name: Squidly or Kraken...looking for something nautical
Rig: Hydro Blue 2015 JKU Sport...the build is still in progress with an off-road trailer in my near future (Any recommendations would be welcome)
Overland Experience: None
Camping Experience: Some
Profession: Electronics Technician Instructor
I am a veteran...Active Duty US Navy(ET1), US Army Reserve(SSgt) & Ohio Air National Guard(Sgt).
Been tent camping a bit but never total off grid camping...I am looking forward the adventure.

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Reactions: Squidly1 and Kent R

benjaminj651

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lenoir City, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Montalvo
Member #

Hey there everyone! My name is Ben. I'm brand new to the overland scene. I've lived in East Tennessee for the last two years and have wanted to explore all of the national forests that are around me. I recently purchased a 1988 Ford Bronco. Looking to outfit this vehicle to escape into the woods for a weekend with my SO and 2 dogs.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there everyone! My name is Ben. I'm brand new to the overland scene. I've lived in East Tennessee for the last two years and have wanted to explore all of the national forests that are around me. I recently purchased a 1988 Ford Bronco. Looking to outfit this vehicle to escape into the woods for a weekend with my SO and 2 dogs.
Welcome To Overland Bound Ben.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland @NC-Trooper

Reactions: KA7USA