Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 140720
Hey everyone, I'm Dave and currently located in Lemoore,Ca. We moved here about 8 months ago and really like the area because of it's location. I just picked up this 1995 FJ80 (FZJ for the technical types!) over the weekend and looking forward to getting out there.
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice FJZ80. I am one of your U.S. West member representative and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or you can also contact @Barclay . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the new member threads for some good information, which will make navigating the OB website that much easier. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. You will find upcoming local meetups, trainings and trail runs in these two places.

Welcome once again and I look forward to meeting you out on the trails.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! New member from Texas
2018 4Runner

Looking for inspiration for the build and future trip ideas
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, new here. I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Growing up I remember crossing the USA every year or two from west coast to east coast with my Grandfather in his converted bread trucks and vans that he lived in. My family are all “gypsies” and traveling over land is in my blood. When I met my wife and had kids I planted my roots here in Arizona. I turned wrenches for the last 15 yrs (another gift from my grandpa) but have always missed that travel. I to this day think of all the scenic routes I traveled with my grandfather in those old bread trucks. Some of the best childhood memories I have. Anyway thanks for having me and re-sparking those feelings once again.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2000 LX 470
Overland Experience: Novice
New to the area, looking to meet new folks and learn about routes and camping spots. Also local LC mechanic and build guidance.
There is a great monthly meet-up in Tucson, @brien can get you all the info on it if your interested.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2015 Jeep Wrangler , 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ , 2001 DR650 Suzuki
Previous Vehicle:
Overland Experience: Novice

Looking for new Adventures in my new soon to be state ... Looking for Dual Sport riding in Texas... Thanks all
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Dns1234

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Beginner

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this, and just got my rig not that long ago. I'm very interesting in getting into this hobby, and hopefully, I'll see some of you out there.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 140720
Hey everyone, I'm Dave and currently located in Lemoore,Ca. We moved here about 8 months ago and really like the area because of it's location. I just picked up this 1995 FJ80 (FZJ for the technical types!) over the weekend and looking forward to getting out there.

Your 80 is a great platform to start with, have fun with the build.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone , my name is Michael I live in Carmichael Ca. New to overland adventure. Recently purchased a 4Runner TDR off road and looking forward to over land travel with my wife. I am an experienced dirt bike and motorcycle camping adventurer so the transition should be smooth. Happy to be part of the Overland Community I know the forums and advise from others will help me with building a rig that will suit my needs. Thanks MichaelView attachment 140709

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
You have two local meet-ups;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA
West US - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everybody! My name is Jay and I live in Gardnerville, NV 30 minutes East of Lake Tahoe.

We have two vehicles we use for getting out in and both are mostly stock for now. 06 f350 6.0 utility truck (Tug), or 08 Outback xt (Rooby). We started in the Subaru with an SUV tent and that kind of evolved into using the F350 with a truck tent and the SUV tent aded on. Currently saving and prepping for a FWC Hawk Flatbed set up to go on the F350.

The girlfriend, myself and our dog just started adventuring a few years ago when we could. So I would consider us NOVICE Overlanders. Now we've found it's something we want to do every time the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you all for this community! Very excited to dig in!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jay.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
West US - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding

Reactions: Jay Smallen

Realist2011

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

California, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Douglas
Member #

Good morning, New guy here.
I live in Northern California.
Current vehicle is a 1989 YJ Jeep project.
It turns out the Jeep that I thought I bought wasn't!! Currently putting in my coms this week if I can find the time.
Looking at replacing my daily driver GMC 2500 with a new vehicle next year and doing a bunch of research. I want to put together a full size overland truck.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chase (@TxRoamer18 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sean (@Dns1234), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in Arizona you are but there are a couple of fairly regular meet ups around Tucson and Phoenix.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mat (@Slackeraz ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Tucson every 3rd Thursday of the month. Southwest US - Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bruce (@fb914), welcome from Oklahoma from a fellow XJ owner as well. I see you are a ham also. We have a weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
Don't worry if you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/AllStar enabled repeater, many of us use the Echolink app.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The closest meet up to you once you get to Texas will be up in Round Rock... not real close, but then again in Texas close is a relative term.

This thread may be of benefit for your dual sport adventures. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/how-to-enjoy-texas.21554/

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good morning, New guy here.
I live in Northern California.
Current vehicle is a 1989 YJ Jeep project.
It turns out the Jeep that I thought I bought wasn't!! Currently putting in my coms this week if I can find the time.
Looking at replacing my daily driver GMC 2500 with a new vehicle next year and doing a bunch of research. I want to put together a full size overland truck.
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB community. You get a big thumbs up from me on putting together a full size overland truck because, although it is mostly still stock, I drive an 88 Silverado 2500 4x4. Just curious, how far north do you live in Northern California?

buckman666

Rank 0

Contributor I

Saint-Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
First Name
hugo
Last Name
chevalier
Hey all. I ´m new here too. Found this forum because of a crazy drawer video by michael.
My current rig is a 2011 tundra quad cab. We go camping a lot with the kids in tents. Done a couple of more overland style trip with wife and friends but its all budget oriented lol.
here is a picture. I dont have one with the bed setup but its pretty basic, big homemade bedslide with a kitchen drawer that i swap between the truck and the camp when we set up there. Got myself a big engel fridge for a song, looking for ways to make it functionnal under the awning. Will post pics.
84CA7D29-19CD-424C-96B2-F0B3E0C7C6C3.jpeg

buckman666

Rank 0

Contributor I

Saint-Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
First Name
hugo
Last Name
chevalier
Hey all. I ´m new here too. Found this forum because of a crazy drawer video by michael.
My current rig is a 2011 tundra quad cab. We go camping a lot with the kids in tents. Done a couple of more overland style trip with wife and friends but its all budget oriented lol.
here is a picture. I dont have one with the bed setup but its pretty basic, big homemade bedslide with a kitchen drawer that i swap between the truck and the camp when we set up there. Got myself a big engel fridge for a song, looking for ways to make it functionnal under the awning. Will post pics.
View attachment 140835
Oh, and i am from quebec, canada.

Rubber_Hatchet

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Anacortes, WA, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Logan
Member #

GREETINGS!
My name is Ethan Logan. My wife Bonnie and I are from Fidalgo Island in the beautiful Puget Sound. Most of my off-road experience is mountain biking and dual-sport motorcycles, but we’re super excited to launch ourselves into the Overland Bound culture and experience.
Our rig is a 2002 4Runner SR5 4x4 named “Bernhard”. He’s still a work in progress, but now he’s got a cb radio and good tread on the tires, so we’re gonna take him places.
Thanks!

Attachments