Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Another big event coming up (in my opinion) in the PNW is the annual 4x4 Swap Meet in Puyallup, WA on Sunday, 8 March (the day after, and the same place as the 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet mentioned above on 7 March). This swap meet is huge, and is geared towards the 4x4 crowd (obviously).

I make it a point to go every year that I can. Lots of used and new stuff for sale. Might not be much for the Land Rover folks, but plenty of stuff for most everyone else's rigs.
Set up an RP, and I can help push the event. If I don’t know about it I can’t talk about it.
But does the club endorse others pushing out their event. @Spud.Built contacted Moose for pushing their event last week, and I was contacted by Mike & Keys to push theirs.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Rgreen from San Diego. Just bought a Land Rover Lr3 06.
have never gone off road in suv. long forward to small modifications and getting out there.
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact @Barclay , another one of your member representatives. Also if the need arises you can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob.

Make sure to browse the new member threads for a lot of great information, which will assist you in navigating the Overland Bound website.

Keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meet ups, trail runs and trainings. These are good places to meet like minded people and learn new things.

I look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Dan and I live in Orange County CA.
My rig is a Grandby model Four Wheel Camper on a 2017 F350.
I am a novice overlander in this rig but have some experience with the 4runners I have had over the years.
Beyond travel and photography I enjoy flying RC planes and scuba diving.
I also have my ham license. Call sign KM6GWU.View attachment 140488
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact @Barclay , another one of your member representatives. Also if the need arises you can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob.

Make sure to browse the new member threads for a lot of great information, which will assist you in navigating the Overland Bound website.

Keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meet ups, trail runs and trainings. These are good places to meet like minded people and learn new things.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi, everybody!

I'm driving a 2015 Jeep JK. I've added rock rails, front and back bumpers, and a winch. All stock, otherwise, but I may go to a 3" lift with 35s someday.

I'm in Alpine, CA, just a bit east of San Diego.

I'll be retiring in a couple of months and decided I want to spend more time with my Jeep, known as The Iron Horse. Figured this site might help make that happen.

View attachment 140462

I don't have a lot of experience, mostly just easy trails in the local mountains and desert. I'm not looking for anything extreme, I just like being out there.

I've been known to do a little geocaching on occasion. That's why I bought my first Jeep, about 12 years ago, so I could drive closer to the caches. :grinning:

Take care, all. If you see me on the trail, flag me down.

Mike

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Set up an RP, and I can help push the event. If I don’t know about it I can’t talk about it.
But does the club endorse others pushing out their event. @Spud.Built contacted Moose for pushing their event last week, and I was contacted by Mike & Keys to push theirs.
RP done. It is also on the calendar for March. I'm sure they're happy to get the word out. They are part of the PNW4WDA, and it is advertised on the PNW4WDA website.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Michigan

We are totally new to Overlanding, just getting started with essentials
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Picture to follow
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I am glad to be here and really excited to meet some new great people, learn more about overlanding , and go on some amazing adventure.

I have some moderate experience in overlanding, been on a few adventures, but ready to do a lot more.

I drive a modified 2008 Jeep Wrangler (JK) Unlimited Rubicon.I have a 4.5 inch Metalcloak lift and running 37 inch tires. My Jeep is constantly being messed with and modified.

I love all aspects of off-road travel to include overlanding (of course), rock crawling, water crossings, and playing in the mud.

I look forward to meeting many of you soon.
Joe

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Local meet-ups
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA @Magic Mike
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA @Kent R
West US - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Rgreen from San Diego. Just bought a Land Rover Lr3 06.
have never gone off road in suv. long forward to small modifications and getting out there.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,
My name is Eric

I live in Glenside PA (right outside of Philadelphia)
I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road (with minor mods that include ditch lights, grille light bar, bed rack - with roof top tent coming in the future)
I am a beginner when it comes to Overlanding, but i have many years experience in relation to camping and the outdoors. Have over 7 plus years in scouting and have my Eagle Scout Rank. With being aged out of Scouts and everything im hoping this group brings back all those memories plus more. Hope to see some of you guys out on the trails and/or Roads!

View attachment 140491
Welcome to Overland Bound Eric.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Dan and I live in Orange County CA.
My rig is a Grandby model Four Wheel Camper on a 2017 F350.
I am a novice overlander in this rig but have some experience with the 4runners I have had over the years.
Beyond travel and photography I enjoy flying RC planes and scuba diving.
I also have my ham license. Call sign KM6GWU.View attachment 140488
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Lukas I’m based in Seattle WA, after looking for all over the internet in ranger stations, and talking to people about good trails and campsites, one day I finally found overland bound well looking for overland videos on YouTube. I’d say I’m a novice in trail experiencebut intermediate in knowledge of gear, recovery, and good modifications. I drive a 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road,(only used the rear locker twice)the only mods done by previous owners are leveling kit and cold air intake. Any help and advice on mods would be great, and I hope to tag along on future events. View attachment 140482
Welcome to Overland Bound Lukas

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon Eastern OR, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, everybody!

I'm driving a 2015 Jeep JK. I've added rock rails, front and back bumpers, and a winch. All stock, otherwise, but I may go to a 3" lift with 35s someday.

I'm in Alpine, CA, just a bit east of San Diego.

I'll be retiring in a couple of months and decided I want to spend more time with my Jeep, known as The Iron Horse. Figured this site might help make that happen.

View attachment 140462

I don't have a lot of experience, mostly just easy trails in the local mountains and desert. I'm not looking for anything extreme, I just like being out there.

I've been known to do a little geocaching on occasion. That's why I bought my first Jeep, about 12 years ago, so I could drive closer to the caches. :grinning:

Take care, all. If you see me on the trail, flag me down.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. My name is Braden and I’m brand new to both overlanding and off roading. I’m looking to take my family of 4 on some adventures.

Since I’m such a novice I am going cheap on my first rig. I purchased a 2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road with 161k miles (no SMOD, yay!). I’ve got a long list of things I’d like to do with it but I’m starting small.

I’m located in Tooele County, UT, about 30 miles west of Salt Lake City. Apparently there’s some trails I can hit nearby but ultimately I’m looking to explore southern Utah and the surrounding states.
Welcome to Overland Bound Braden.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron @Knitron

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: codemancer

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

Hello everybody! My name is Jay and I live in Gardnerville, NV 30 minutes East of Lake Tahoe.

We have two vehicles we use for getting out in and both are mostly stock for now. 06 f350 6.0 utility truck (Tug), or 08 Outback xt (Rooby). We started in the Subaru with an SUV tent and that kind of evolved into using the F350 with a truck tent and the SUV tent aded on. Currently saving and prepping for a FWC Hawk Flatbed set up to go on the F350.

The girlfriend, myself and our dog just started adventuring a few years ago when we could. So I would consider us NOVICE Overlanders. Now we've found it's something we want to do every time the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you all for this community! Very excited to dig in!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,
I am glad to be here and really excited to meet some new great people, learn more about overlanding , and go on some amazing adventure.

I have some moderate experience in overlanding, been on a few adventures, but ready to do a lot more.

I drive a modified 2008 Jeep Wrangler (JK) Unlimited Rubicon.I have a 4.5 inch Metalcloak lift and running 37 inch tires. My Jeep is constantly being messed with and modified.

I love all aspects of off-road travel to include overlanding (of course), rock crawling, water crossings, and playing in the mud.

I look forward to meeting many of you soon.
Joe
Welcome to Overland Bound and very nice rig. As @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself @Magic Mike or @PapaDave anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Browse through the new member threads for some good information and it will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on the member calendar and rally points. There you will find upcoming local meet ups, trail runs and trainings. From you location there are four monthly meet ups within driving distance; Gold Country Overland (Auburn), Sierra Foothills Overlanders (Cameron Park), Tri-county (Pleasanton) and Central Cal (Ripon) . Refer to Rally Point for further information.

Look forward to seeing out on the trails.

Mike

TraumaJoe

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Carney
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound and very nice rig. As @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself @Magic Mike or @PapaDave anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Browse through the new member threads for some good information and it will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on the member calendar and rally points. There you will find upcoming local meet ups, trail runs and trainings. From you location there are four monthly meet ups within driving distance; Gold Country Overland (Auburn), Sierra Foothills Overlanders (Cameron Park), Tri-county (Pleasanton) and Central Cal (Ripon) . Refer to Rally Point for further information.

Look forward to seeing out on the trails.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
I will check all of that out and super excited to go to a meet up go on a trail run.
Joe