Launch Member

Contributor III

California
First Name
Gonzalo
Last Name
J
Member #

Hello everyone new member here [emoji1310], I’ve always been an outdoor person but I’m new at overlanding my ride is in the works for a camping tent just finished installing newly upgraded suspension lift I drive a 2012 Toyota Tundra I’m from Orange County CA, any suggestions on easy trails in Southern California area to hone my skills in off-roading for beginners? much appreciated [emoji1317]Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey all, I just found out about this group and I’m super excited to be a part of things.
1) I have my Jeep as my profile pic. Nothing special yet. I bought it off a guy who towed it everywhere and it had been sitting for 2 years. So I am fixing it up and bringing it back to life and hoping to make it fun and capable to drive.
2) I live in Sonoma, Ca. It’s small town wine country of Northern California.
3) 2005 Jeep Liberty
4) I have camped, fished and hunted all my life. I enjoy all the things that go with it, but have never done any overlanding. I feel like you should be prepared for anything and I’m ravenous for information and learning.
Hey glad you signed up here! I am the Bay Area member rep and encourage you to get plugged in with a local meet up. @Magic Mike is the member rep in the Sacramento area and that region has a couple opportunities to meet people, or there‘s a meet up in Pleasanton CA. The calendar is a great place to see what’s happening in the area in regards to meet ups and trips. Have fun! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions

Dave

MrEmptypants

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Sweeney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K9THO
IMG_5051.jpg

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! (Look up)
2) Nevada Side of Lake Tahoe, walking distance the the Rubicon (well, almost)
3) Name José the Heep, 2019 JLU Rubicon, a work in progress. Interior done, next is lift (looking for suggestions)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: none until the snow melts

Member of Team Rubicon, Ready to deploy for ARES or TR.

uz_yota

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wenatchee, WA, USA
First Name
Angelo
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

Hello all,
I'm fairly new to overlanding, but not unfamiliar to offroading in general. I live in Washington state, near the town of Wenatchee. I'm only ever about five minutes from a labryinth of service roads in the okanaogan-wenatchee national forest. I spent a lot of time on these roads (and off them) in my 1998 Toyota Tacoma back in high school after getting my lisence. I progressively built this truck to better handle my driving antics until I sold it a few years later. I recall actually driving past the Northwest overland rally at one point, not having any idea what it was, and thinking it was silly that they were leading off-road tours in what I considered to be my backyard!
That was about five years ago, and I currently have a 1986 4runner. Less practical- yes, but also cooler! I've just finished up a 1uz swap and I'm building it up with parts that will either never break, or will be easily sourced and replacable wherever I am.
Im currently in nursing school so time is limited, but this career will allow me to travel a fair amount - and give me the resources to build my vehicle! DSC00581_zpssgxv4cjj_3fdbd5c23344b625dbbb2dc588c68b77ac5c5686.jpgIMG_9551.jpg20200210_172014.jpgIMG_2384.JPG

Kron

Rank I

Contributor III

Northamptonshire, UK
First Name
Kieron
Last Name
Mulligan
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Hello Guys & Gals

Just following on in the spirit of the forum and saying a quick hello, mote of a lurker than a poster so probably won't have much input :) Just hear to listen and learn for the moment.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - No rig just yet, but it's part of the plan.
2) Location (General area is fine) - Northamptonshire, UK
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - See above, guess that all depends on what I learn here. Current thoughts are some form of lightly modded Subaru or a pickup/commercial van type modified to suit
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Absolutely none, just a yearning to 'do more' with life and a spark of an adventurous spirit that I'm here to hope kindle in to a burning passion. Call it a mid-life crisis. lol

Anyway, looking forward to listening and learning.

All the best

K

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Guys & Gals

Just following on in the spirit of the forum and saying a quick hello, mote of a lurker than a poster so probably won't have much input :) Just hear to listen and learn for the moment.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - No rig just yet, but it's part of the plan.
2) Location (General area is fine) - Northamptonshire, UK
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - Se above, guess that all depends on what I learn here. Current thoughts are some form of lightly modded Subaru or a pickup/commercial van type modified to suit
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Absolutely none, just a yearning to 'do more' with life and a spark of an adventurous spirit that I'm here to hope kindle in to a burning passion. Call it a mid-life crisis. lol

Anyway, looking forward to listening and learning.

All the best

K
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Kron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
I'm fairly new to overlanding, but not unfamiliar to offroading in general. I live in Washington state, near the town of Wenatchee. I'm only ever about five minutes from a labryinth of service roads in the okanaogan-wenatchee national forest. I spent a lot of time on these roads (and off them) in my 1998 Toyota Tacoma back in high school after getting my lisence. I progressively built this truck to better handle my driving antics until I sold it a few years later. I recall actually driving past the Northwest overland rally at one point, not having any idea what it was, and thinking it was silly that they were leading off-road tours in what I considered to be my backyard!
That was about five years ago, and I currently have a 1986 4runner. Less practical- yes, but also cooler! I've just finished up a 1uz swap and I'm building it up with parts that will either never break, or will be easily sourced and replacable wherever I am.
Im currently in nursing school so time is limited, but this career will allow me to travel a fair amount - and give me the resources to build my vehicle! View attachment 141046View attachment 141047View attachment 141048View attachment 141049

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon Eastern OR, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 141039

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! (Look up)
2) Nevada Side of Lake Tahoe, walking distance the the Rubicon (well, almost)
3) Name José the Heep, 2019 JLU Rubicon, a work in progress. Interior done, next is lift (looking for suggestions)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: none until the snow melts

Member of Team Rubicon, Ready to deploy for ARES or TR.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @HappyOurOverlanding in Reno & @Magic Mike in Auburn CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone new member here [emoji1310], I’ve always been an outdoor person but I’m new at overlanding my ride is in the works for a camping tent just finished installing newly upgraded suspension lift I drive a 2012 Toyota Tundra I’m from Orange County CA, any suggestions on easy trails in Southern California area to hone my skills in off-roading for beginners? much appreciated [emoji1317]View attachment 141035View attachment 141036

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

I've been doing a lot of research on these forums and decided to finally join.

1) Pictures of my rig from recent trip to Death Valley
2) Orange County, CA
3) 2018 F-150 w/ Leitner Design rack. Work on progress but it's getting there.
4) Always been into camping but relatively new to overloading and off-roading.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, I just found out about this group and I’m super excited to be a part of things.
1) I have my Jeep as my profile pic. Nothing special yet. I bought it off a guy who towed it everywhere and it had been sitting for 2 years. So I am fixing it up and bringing it back to life and hoping to make it fun and capable to drive.
2) I live in Sonoma, Ca. It’s small town wine country of Northern California.
3) 2005 Jeep Liberty
4) I have camped, fished and hunted all my life. I enjoy all the things that go with it, but have never done any overlanding. I feel like you should be prepared for anything and I’m ravenous for information and learning.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

I hope to have a meet-up this spring in Santa Rosa, you will receive an invite from the forum.

Kron

Rank I

Contributor III

Northamptonshire, UK
First Name
Kieron
Last Name
Mulligan
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Many thanks for the welcome and the local contact information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the add. We live in SW Wisconsin, deep in the Driftless Area
Two years ago we bought a M101A2 trailer and have outfitted it with a RTT, awning and cool diamond plate top.
We pull Matilda with a Ram 1500 and can't tell it's back there.
Our travels and gravel grinder bike races has taken us around the country and wherever we go we get loads of questions about our setup.
Michigan, Wyoming, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa and other awesome places.
Next "fabrication" or inclusion will be some type of hot water system and storage.
We welcome all suggestions and look forward to meeting as many of you as we can...we always have coffee
NickView attachment 140897

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Reactions: MTB-WI

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@uz_yota Welcome Angelo,
As @Kent R said, you’re located in the US Northwest Region. Wenatchee is a unique spot in our region. You are just about centered between @Sandpoint Steve (Sandpoint, Idaho), @Gabriel Bozeman ( Oak Harbor, Washington), and myself @Slimpartywagon (La Grande, Oregon) three of your Member Representatives. @Munga Brown (Yachts, Oregon) is also a member representative for the Oregon Coast.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by @PNW EXPLR

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1930 hours Mountain Time (1630 hours PST) ; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1930 hours PST, hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman
February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

February 29th 4pm-? Post Falls Rigs and Food at Paul Bunyan Burger in Post Falls, ID. A meet and greet to show off our rigs and gear. Also planning event for future events.

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

March 8th 9am-4pm 38th Annual 4x4 Off-road & Performance Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington. The oldest and largest off-road swap meet i. The Pacific Northwest. Check the flier for more details.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
KJ7MFV
Northwest Overland Member Representative

Last edited:

Jetrngr430

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Port St. Lucie, FL, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hi Everyone!
New to the forum. From Port St. Lucie FL. Newb to the Overlanding life. After reading the description it seems Overlanding has always been in my heart!
We did our first "Overlanding" trip last Sept. Southeast FL to Tacoma, WA (furthest point). We spent the most time in Utah. Salt Lake City and Moab <-- my happy place! Currently own a 2018 Chevy Express 3500 Van and a 2002 Jeep Wrangler. Plan on outfitting the Van for more camping friendly adventures and tow the Jeep. Can't wait to dive into this website and get ideas and start the conversion!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!
New to the forum. From Port St. Lucie FL. Newb to the Overlanding life. After reading the description it seems Overlanding has always been in my heart!
We did our first "Overlanding" trip last Sept. Southeast FL to Tacoma, WA (furthest point). We spent the most time in Utah. Salt Lake City and Moab <-- my happy place! Currently own a 2018 Chevy Express 3500 Van and a 2002 Jeep Wrangler. Plan on outfitting the Van for more camping friendly adventures and tow the Jeep. Can't wait to dive into this website and get ideas and start the conversion!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Prernrgod

Rank I

Contributor III

Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Smalley
Hello !
New to the forum and group. I am Chris from Salem, Oregon. I currently have a 2010 Ford F-150 . I have been working for a couple months on getting my truck set up for some trips. I will work on getting some decent pictures taken. I have lots of off roading experience, did some off road racing years ago. Working on planning some trips this summer. Looking forward to utilizing the experience from this group.

6D782461-D13A-4CDF-A044-A5C3ECC9954D.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello !
New to the forum and group. I am Chris from Salem, Oregon. I currently have a 2010 Ford F-150 . I have been working for a couple months on getting my truck set up for some trips. I will work on getting some decent pictures taken. I have lots of off roading experience, did some off road racing years ago. Working on planning some trips this summer. Looking forward to utilizing the experience from this group.

View attachment 141188
Hello and welcome Chris,
Nice setup you have there.

You are in the US Northwest Overland Bound Region. @Kent R is the acting Regional Director. @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative. @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) and myself are alsoMember Representatives for the Northwest.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

2020 Event Listings in the Northwest is a great spot to see what’s happening this year in your neck of the woods. Also check out the Members Meetups for more adventures through the Northwest and the rest of the world.
Overland Bound By Region is an awesome spot to check out news, plan trips, and just chit chat with members about Overlanding.

Once again welcome Chris to the adventures in Overlanding.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
NW MEMBER REP
KJ7MFV

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

JeepinVader

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Clements
Member #

Hey guys and gals! My name is Sean and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Originally from back in Ohio, but I've lived all over the country. I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and love to take it out on the trail. I typically like to find forest service roads, backcountry spots to pop the tent up.

Glad to be a part of the team! Hope to see some of you on adventures sometime!IMG_1050.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: