Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all. My name is Braden and I’m brand new to both overlanding and off roading. I’m looking to take my family of 4 on some adventures.

Since I’m such a novice I am going cheap on my first rig. I purchased a 2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road with 161k miles (no SMOD, yay!). I’ve got a long list of things I’d like to do with it but I’m starting small.

I’m located in Tooele County, UT, about 30 miles west of Salt Lake City. Apparently there’s some trails I can hit nearby but ultimately I’m looking to explore southern Utah and the surrounding states.
Hey Braden welcome to the OB community. Starting small is a good idea and as you get out on adventures you'll understand more what you need. I would encourage you to not get caught up in the "gotta have" mindset, that is, others have something that is cool so I should have it, but determine over time what's best for you.

QDman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alpine, CA, USA
First Name
RANDY
Last Name
GIBSON
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB6JJR
Hi, everybody!

I'm driving a 2015 Jeep JK. I've added rock rails, front and back bumpers, and a winch. All stock, otherwise, but I may go to a 3" lift with 35s someday.

I'm in Alpine, CA, just a bit east of San Diego.

I'll be retiring in a couple of months and decided I want to spend more time with my Jeep, known as The Iron Horse. Figured this site might help make that happen.

20180210_142744.jpg

I don't have a lot of experience, mostly just easy trails in the local mountains and desert. I'm not looking for anything extreme, I just like being out there.

I've been known to do a little geocaching on occasion. That's why I bought my first Jeep, about 12 years ago, so I could drive closer to the caches. :grinning:

Take care, all. If you see me on the trail, flag me down.

Lukas_Chlu

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Lukas
Last Name
Chludzinski
Member #

Hi my name is Lukas I’m based in Seattle WA, after looking for all over the internet in ranger stations, and talking to people about good trails and campsites, one day I finally found overland bound well looking for overland videos on YouTube. I’d say I’m a novice in trail experiencebut intermediate in knowledge of gear, recovery, and good modifications. I drive a 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road,(only used the rear locker twice)the only mods done by previous owners are leveling kit and cold air intake. Any help and advice on mods would be great, and I hope to tag along on future events. 1581979523729.jpeg

dscobell

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

CA.
First Name
dan
Last Name
scobell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6GWU
Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Dan and I live in Orange County CA.
My rig is a Grandby model Four Wheel Camper on a 2017 F350.
I am a novice overlander in this rig but have some experience with the 4runners I have had over the years.
Beyond travel and photography I enjoy flying RC planes and scuba diving.
I also have my ham license. Call sign KM6GWU.IMG_1591.JPG

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Dan and I live in Orange County CA.
My rig is a Grandby model Four Wheel Camper on a 2017 F350.
I am a novice overlander in this rig but have some experience with the 4runners I have had over the years.
Beyond travel and photography I enjoy flying RC planes and scuba diving.
I also have my ham license. Call sign KM6GWU.View attachment 140488
Hello Dan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi my name is Lukas I’m based in Seattle WA, after looking for all over the internet in ranger stations, and talking to people about good trails and campsites, one day I finally found overland bound well looking for overland videos on YouTube. I’d say I’m a novice in trail experiencebut intermediate in knowledge of gear, recovery, and good modifications. I drive a 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road,(only used the rear locker twice)the only mods done by previous owners are leveling kit and cold air intake. Any help and advice on mods would be great, and I hope to tag along on future events. View attachment 140482
Welcome Lukas, to the OB community.

Overland Ewack

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glenside, PA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Wacker
Member #

Hey Everyone,
My name is Eric

I live in Glenside PA (right outside of Philadelphia)
I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road (with minor mods that include ditch lights, grille light bar, bed rack - with roof top tent coming in the future)
I am a beginner when it comes to Overlanding, but i have many years experience in relation to camping and the outdoors. Have over 7 plus years in scouting and have my Eagle Scout Rank. With being aged out of Scouts and everything im hoping this group brings back all those memories plus more. Hope to see some of you guys out on the trails and/or Roads!

20191204_120939.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi, everybody!

I'm driving a 2015 Jeep JK. I've added rock rails, front and back bumpers, and a winch. All stock, otherwise, but I may go to a 3" lift with 35s someday.

I'm in Alpine, CA, just a bit east of San Diego.

I'll be retiring in a couple of months and decided I want to spend more time with my Jeep, known as The Iron Horse. Figured this site might help make that happen.

View attachment 140462

I don't have a lot of experience, mostly just easy trails in the local mountains and desert. I'm not looking for anything extreme, I just like being out there.

I've been known to do a little geocaching on occasion. That's why I bought my first Jeep, about 12 years ago, so I could drive closer to the caches. :grinning:

Take care, all. If you see me on the trail, flag me down.
Welcome to the OB community Randy.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everyone,
My name is Eric

I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road (with minor mods that include ditch lights, grille light bar, bed rack - with roof top tent coming in the future)
I am a beginner when it comes to Overlanding, but i have many years experience in relation to camping and the outdoors. Have over 7 plus years in scouting and have my Eagle Scout Rank. With being aged out of Scouts and everything im hoping this group brings back all those memories plus more. Hope to see some of you guys out on the trails and/or Roads!

View attachment 140491
Hello Eric, welcome to the OB community. Congratulations on achieving Eagle Scout. Nice rig.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Rgreen from San Diego. Just bought a Land Rover Lr3 06.
have never gone off road in suv. long forward to small modifications and getting out there.
Good for you. Get out there and enjoy your new rig. Lots of great information on the OB forums that I'm sure will be beneficial for you.

TraumaJoe

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Carney
Member #

Hello everyone,
I am glad to be here and really excited to meet some new great people, learn more about overlanding , and go on some amazing adventure.

I have some moderate experience in overlanding, been on a few adventures, but ready to do a lot more.

I drive a modified 2008 Jeep Wrangler (JK) Unlimited Rubicon.I have a 4.5 inch Metalcloak lift and running 37 inch tires. My Jeep is constantly being messed with and modified.

I love all aspects of off-road travel to include overlanding (of course), rock crawling, water crossings, and playing in the mud.

I look forward to meeting many of you soon.
Joe

Attachments

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi my name is Lukas I’m based in Seattle WA, after looking for all over the internet in ranger stations, and talking to people about good trails and campsites, one day I finally found overland bound well looking for overland videos on YouTube. View attachment 140482
Welcome Lucas, glad you found us. You came to the right place to learn more about Overlanding.
@Kent R is the acting Northwest Regional Director. Your closest Member Representative is @Gabriel Bozeman . the rest of the Northwest Member Representative Team is @Munga Brown (Oregon Coast), Michael Rose (Oregon East), @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho). We are here to help you coordinate events, find like minded individuals for trail rides, and help you around the forum tools.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Tri Cities Monthly Meetup every Third Saturday of the month. More information contact Mike D @PNW EXPLR

@Spud.Built is working on some meetups down south of you, keep an eye out.

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Hey Everyone,
My name is Eric

View attachment 140491
Welcome

I am halfway across the state west from you.

Join in on the pa roll call threads and I have a few going about Rothrock and Bald Eagle State Forest.

Congrats on the Eagle Scout.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone,
I am glad to be here and really excited to meet some new great people, learn more about overlanding , and go on some amazing adventure.

I have some moderate experience in overlanding, been on a few adventures, but ready to do a lot more.

I drive a modified 2008 Jeep Wrangler (JK) Unlimited Rubicon.I have a 4.5 inch Metalcloak lift and running 37 inch tires. My Jeep is constantly being messed with and modified.

I love all aspects of off-road travel to include overlanding (of course), rock crawling, water crossings, and playing in the mud.

I look forward to meeting many of you soon.
Joe
Hello Joseph, welcome to the OB community.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Welcome Lucas, glad you found us. You came to the right place to learn more about Overlanding.
@Kent R is the acting Northwest Regional Director. Your closest Member Representative is @Gabriel Bozeman . the rest of the Northwest Member Representative Team is @Munga Brown (Oregon Coast), Michael Rose (Oregon East), @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho). We are here to help you coordinate events, find like minded individuals for trail rides, and help you around the forum tools.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Tri Cities Monthly Meetup every Third Saturday of the month. More information contact Mike D @PNW EXPLR

@Spud.Built is working on some meetups down south of you, keep an eye out.

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative
Another big event coming up (in my opinion) in the PNW is the annual 4x4 Swap Meet in Puyallup, WA on Sunday, 8 March (the day after, and the same place as the 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet mentioned above on 7 March). This swap meet is huge, and is geared towards the 4x4 crowd (obviously).

I make it a point to go every year that I can. Lots of used and new stuff for sale. Might not be much for the Land Rover folks, but plenty of stuff for most everyone else's rigs.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all. My name is Braden and I’m brand new to both overlanding and off roading. I’m looking to take my family of 4 on some adventures.

Since I’m such a novice I am going cheap on my first rig. I purchased a 2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road with 161k miles (no SMOD, yay!). I’ve got a long list of things I’d like to do with it but I’m starting small.

I’m located in Tooele County, UT, about 30 miles west of Salt Lake City. Apparently there’s some trails I can hit nearby but ultimately I’m looking to explore southern Utah and the surrounding states.
Welcome to Overland Bound!!!

Reactions: Kent R