Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New to Overlanding looking forward to many miles. 2021 we are planning a trip to the Arctic Ocean. Need lots of trial runs before that.
Welcome Jack to the OB community. Your 2021 trip sounds pretty ambitious but awesome.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I am newbie to this forum and overlanding. Eight years ago I moved from Atlanta to Utah and last year I decided to take advantage of the exceptional outdoor opportunities around here and buy my first 4 wheel drive truck. I now live in Saratoga Springs, UT and can be off-road within 15 minutes of leaving my house.

My rig is a stock (as of now) 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Trail Boss. It has a factory installed 2 inch lift. I upgraded to the performance exhaust and love to hear it startup. I have played a little on old mining roads but I am still a little nervous and don't want to damage my new truck.

My plan is to take several weekend trips this summer to break it in. Thinking seriously about spending several days in Moab.

Looking forward to putting many miles on my Trail Boss.

Tim
View attachment 140186
That's a good looking truck Tim. Welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

JackA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orondo, WA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Welcome Jack, you are located in the US Northwest Region. @Kent R is the region’s Director. @Sandpoint Steve and I ( @Slimpartywagon ) are your closest Member Representatives. @Gabriel Bozeman is the Western Washington Member Rep, and @Munga Brown is Western Oregon Rep.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by @PNW EXPLR

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad(February 16, 2020)

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve (February 16, 2020)

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs (February 21,2020)

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon (March 21, 2020)

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative
Charlene and I are registered to attend the NW Overland Rally in Plain, WA. We live pretty close and are looking forward to meeting other OB members there.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
New to Overlanding looking forward to many miles. 2021 we are planning a trip to the Arctic Ocean. Need lots of trial runs before that.
Are you thinking of running the Dempster Highway up to Tuk to the Arctic Ocean? I've run the Dempster as far as Inuvik (the road wasn't open to Tuk then). I had organized a run to "Kayak in the Arctic Ocean" this past summer, but folks bailed out at the last minute, others and I had driveline issues; I was sidelined for a couple days at Ft Nelson so we didn't complete it (I could have, but I didn't want to do it solo). But I'd like to try again. It is totally doable; just a very long trip. Maybe we can organize something for 2021(?). Picture is of me somewhere in Canada at a campground heading to the Dempster Highway.

If you don't own one already, buy the book "The Milepost". It is the bible for travel in western Canada and Alaska. It will help you plan your trip.
CA pre-run.1.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am newbie to this forum and overlanding. Eight years ago I moved from Atlanta to Utah and last year I decided to take advantage of the exceptional outdoor opportunities around here and buy my first 4 wheel drive truck. I now live in Saratoga Springs, UT and can be off-road within 15 minutes of leaving my house.

My rig is a stock (as of now) 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Trail Boss. It has a factory installed 2 inch lift. I upgraded to the performance exhaust and love to hear it startup. I have played a little on old mining roads but I am still a little nervous and don't want to damage my new truck.

My plan is to take several weekend trips this summer to break it in. Thinking seriously about spending several days in Moab.

Looking forward to putting many miles on my Trail Boss.

Tim
View attachment 140186
Welcome to Overland Bound Tim.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Knitron, @A-Aron. The member reps can advise you of local meet-ups.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound JackA

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon Eastern OR, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

There have been several posts regarding the same trip you are planing, the best way to find information will be using the search function.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Blydie here from Down Under,
Mercedes Sprinter Twin Cab 4X4
I've had a little Overlanding experience both on two wheels and four
Welcome to Overland Bound Blydie

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ben.dicoot

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings Everyone and thanks for letting me join! I am an Army Chaplain nearing the end of my career. Here is some basic info about me and why I am here.
Location: currently Hawaii, but I will move to Virginia this summer.
Rig: I have a Volvo XC60 AWD that I love but will be selling/trading this fall. My plan is to purchase a Jeep Gladiator later this year and begin a slow build.
Overlanding Experience: Well, not sure if an invasion into Iraq qualifies but there are a few similarities. As far as non-hostile vehicle based adventure travel goes I have none but as I prepare for retirement from the Army I am exploring Overlanding as a way to stay active and engaged with nature and others.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Here is some east regional information to look at prior to you move. Lots going on including Overland Expo in October.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Travis91

Rank 0

Traveler I

Castaic, CA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Shearer
I'm Travis from Castaic CA. I have a 2017 F150 4x4. Brand new to overlanding though I've been camping, back packing ,and going to the desert to ride dirtbikes since I was a kid.
Convinced the wife overlanding would be a great way to get back into camping with our infant son as he gets older. She has also been asking me to go backpacking for years now.
So I'm going to start building my daily into a somewhat capable overland rig.IMG_8970.jpg

Last edited:

maine-woodsman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maine, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hey all, My name is Mike. Member #21215. I live in Maine (the deep forested northern part) . I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado that has been on many adventures. I have camped and hiked my whole life and in the wilderness is where i feel most at home. Im a retired police sgt and also a army veteran. I am looking for a jeep Rubicon at this time. I came to the conclusion last fall that I hate Maine winters now. we have snow from October to April most years not to mention the below zero temps. I spend most of my time shoveling, plowing or carrying wood. I came across one of the overland videos one night and a light bulb came on and I knew this was my new venture. I want to get my jeep outfitted this summer in time for heading west next winter. My wife and i are planning to drive to a different southwestern state and explore for a month at a time. I hope to meet some of you like minded folks on the trail.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hey all, My name is Mike. Member #21215. I live in Maine (the deep forested northern part) . I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado that has been on many adventures. I have camped and hiked my whole life and in the wilderness is where i feel most at home. Im a retired police sgt and also a army veteran. I am looking for a jeep Rubicon at this time. I came to the conclusion last fall that I hate Maine winters now. we have snow from October to April most years not to mention the below zero temps. I spend most of my time shoveling, plowing or carrying wood. I came across one of the overland videos one night and a light bulb came on and I knew this was my new venture. I want to get my jeep outfitted this summer in time for heading west next winter. My wife and i are planning to drive to a different southwestern state and explore for a month at a time. I hope to meet some of you like minded folks on the trail.
Welcome Mike!